Need help on Castlevania for NES

Any tips on how to beat the banshee boss in Castlevania for the NES. It's the 5th boss I think. I need suggestions.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
IRC BBH died and had to use the crosses. The easy and cheesy way is to keep the
holy water from earlier in the game/level powered up with at least a II block.
When you are at the end move left until the screen locks, then run right jump and
throw a holy water at the high row of blocks. Jump again and throw a holy water.
Rinse and repeat, Death will float down and die without being able to move.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Grim Reaper? I always used to use boomerangs with a III block. Need to flood the screen with boomerangs while dodging all over the place. I'll admit that from the vids, holy water looks faster and easier, but it can be hard to get there with holy water. I remember the boomerang being somewhere nearby.

Thanks guys! Now I am having a hard time with dracula, that SOB! I think I just need to work on my timing with him.

I just beat it! :buttrock:

After you beat the game it starts over again from the beginning, but it is much more difficult. If you beat the game again does it do anything different? I was to lazy to go through it again find out.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
DegenerateSkate said:
I just beat it! :buttrock:

After you beat the game it starts over again from the beginning, but it is much more difficult. If you beat the game again does it do anything different? I was to lazy to go through it again find out.

Yea, I believe there are some different secret/hidden items on the second loop....as far as beating it a second time, it doesn't change the ending at all.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Now does it stay harder even after you turn off the game?

I remembered on simons quest you can save games but I don't remember if you can on the first one.