Three SNK compilations confirmed for Wii, PS2, and PSP

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
ViewtifulZFO said:
Way to go, Playmore. Now I own the imported Orochi set for no reason.
This is Playmore's fault how?

DJ Daishi

Rugal's Thug
ikariwarriorf22 said:
I have SNK Arcade Classics on order for 4/28. Hopefully if SNK AC sells...there will be a SNK Arcade Classics V2 with Ikari Warriors included.

(fingers crossed)

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga
Includes King of Fighters '94-'98 on one disc.
943396_96309_front.jpg

Samurai Shodown Anthology
Includes the entire 2D series (I, II, III, IV, V, V: Special, and VI)
943395_96308_front.jpg

The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
935218_99928_front.jpg

A bunch of pictures from GDC 08 of SNK Playmore USA's booth can be found here:
http://www.snk-capcom.com/gallery/SNKGDC2008

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
ViewtifulZFO said:
Way to go, Playmore. Now I own the imported Orochi set for no reason.
You dumb fuck! you should be happy that the game is coming overseas weather you have it or not. Pshhh! some fucking people.:annoyed:

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
electricgrave said:
You dumb fuck! you should be happy that the game is coming overseas weather you have it or not. Pshhh! some fucking people.:annoyed:

It just would have been nice to only pay for three of these games once, is all. I think it's obvious that most people believed that these compilations wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting to America, so that's why I bought some of them already.

I'm generally estatic about the SS collection, though. Even if I have Tenka already.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
ViewtifulZFO said:
It just would have been nice to only pay for three of these games once, is all. I think it's obvious that most people believed that these compilations wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting to America, so that's why I bought some of them already.

I'm generally estatic about the SS collection, though. Even if I have Tenka already.
I hear you man, but so do I and I'm still happy about it. JUst like when I bought Tenka, NGBC, KOF XI and so on, but I don't care I still buy the US release just to show support, call me a fool if you will, but I'm all for US arcade title releases ports or not and if my little purchase increases the chances of that, then by all means I'll buy them again.

isamu

Crazed MVS Addict
I really hope they improve the load times in the SS collection, particularly Tenka, where the loading is just atrocious.

KDash31987

Overtop Pathfinder
isamu said:
I really hope they improve the load times in the SS collection, particularly Tenka, where the loading is just atrocious.

Seeing as they greatly improved the loading times on King of Fighters XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum over here, I'm pretty sure they'll do it for it, too.

isamu

Crazed MVS Addict
Oh and on a semi-related note, since I own a 60Gb PS3 and it's backward compatible, does anyone know if PS2 games can be installed on the PS3 HD for non-loading times? If not by default, any accessories to help accomplish this?

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Offhand, I'd say you can't install PS2 games to a PS3 harddrive, barring any third party devices and whatnot.

I don't own one though, so I'm not much help.

psu319

n00b
SS6 Great.

Well I guess once they emulated MS6 for the PS2 the emulator was built and now any atomswave game can be emulated on the PS2?
If so I hope we see Rumble Fish and Dolphin Blue.

As a side note I guess i'll need a Nintendo DS for MS7. Also Commando Steel Disaster if its any good.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
psu319 said:
Well I guess once they emulated MS6 for the PS2 the emulator was built and now any atomswave game can be emulated on the PS2?
If so I hope we see Rumble Fish and Dolphin Blue.

As a side note I guess i'll need a Nintendo DS for MS7. Also Commando Steel Disaster if its any good.
Romwhore!:emb:

psu319

n00b
electricgrave said:
Romwhore!:emb:

No no no....no bootleg roms on my PS2. I buy the commercial games. I'm just saying that since MS6 came out on its own over seas and in the MS anthology can't any Atomswave game be ported in its arcade perfect form. Guess I should have said ported. But they really are just emulated on the PS2 right?

And if your just picking on me because I play my SNK games on my PS2 that okay I know its kinda weak.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Is it me, or does this pic confirm that SSV Special will be on the SamSho Anthology? 7 games on one disc? :spock:
IMG_1847.jpg

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Looks like a lot of stuff is on the SNK Compilation

shock troopers, top hunter, world heroes, neo turf masters, metal slug, magician lord, king of the monsters, last resort, sengoku, kof94, samurai shodown, super sidekicks 3, art of fighting, fatal fury, burning fight, and baseball stars 2

I wonder why many are overlapping with the VC. I'm glad that I can get this compilation for 30-50 bucks instead of 9 per game...but seems like a dumb strategy.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14227359/imgs_1.html

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
lithy said:
Looks like a lot of stuff is on the SNK Compilation

shock troopers, top hunter, world heroes, neo turf masters, metal slug, magician lord, king of the monsters, last resort, sengoku, kof94, samurai shodown, super sidekicks 3, art of fighting, fatal fury, burning fight, and baseball stars 2

I wonder why many are overlapping with the VC. I'm glad that I can get this compilation for 30-50 bucks instead of 9 per game...but seems like a dumb strategy.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14227359/imgs_1.html
I haven't been able to figure that one out either. I've been buying most of the VC games hoping they would eventually release some that I really wanted. Now they release a mass tonnage of games on compilations for presumably cheap? I don't get it.

All they've managed to do now is make it so I won't purchase their VC games anymore, knowing that I will eventually get them cheaper on compilation.

Another thing that is weird is that they've released an AoF and a FF compilation for PS2 recently and now both of those series' first games are on that SNK disc. Why not put two different games on there?

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
fenikso said:
I haven't been able to figure that one out either. I've been buying most of the VC games hoping they would eventually release some that I really wanted. Now they release a mass tonnage of games on compilations for presumably cheap? I don't get it.

All they've managed to do now is make it so I won't purchase their VC games anymore, knowing that I will eventually get them cheaper on compilation.

Another thing that is weird is that they've released an AoF and a FF compilation for PS2 recently and now both of those series' first games are on that SNK disc. Why not put two different games on there?
That, and it has SamSho1, KOF '94 and Metal Slug 1. Still, even with all that, 11 games for $15 for the PS2 version is still a decent deal, no?:D