offical wwe thread

Jedite

Bunker Buster
Future ECW plans

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

ECW has now become a vehicle to make Bobby Lashley a superstar. Vince McMahon is determined to make Lashley look as strong as possible. The new idea is to make Lashley into an unstoppable, dominant champion. The ECW brand is now the catalyst that gives Lashley the credibility to be one of the company's top stars. ECW as a concept is pretty much dead, only surviving because they have a television commitment on Sci Fi to live up to. The main point of the brand is that when it's all over, Lashley can be moved over to one of the other brands and be seen as an equal to the other world champions.

Considering that WWE wants Lashley to look as strong as possible, that pretty much explains why Lashley beat Test cleanly the week before their match at the Royal Rumble. Also, McMahon had given up on Test as being taken as a serious contender by the time of their 1/23 match. His future as an ECW headliner seems to be in doubt, especially considering that Gene Snitsky has taken his place. McMahon was trying to overcompensate for Lashley's lackluster performance at the 1/16 show. After seeing that show, which featured a three-way match between Lashley, RVD and Test, McMahon became so enraged that he vowed that the show would never be aired live again. He also exclaimed that there wasn't a single guy on the ECW roster that knew how to work. Although, he's probably changed his mind since then as the show has been live the past few weeks. McMahon was particularly upset about the main event as he felt that Lashley sold too much when he's supposed to look strong. Arn Anderson, who was the agent for the match, took heat for how bad it was laid out. However, Anderson said that the problem with the match was that Test and RVD insisted that they get their trademark moves in, and thus there were a lot of spots in which Lashley had to sell.

In regards to the 1/23 match with Test, even though many in creative felt the time for the blow-off was at the PPV, there were no disagreements from the creative team on Test losing the match when the finish was brought up. A sea of "yes men" nodded in approval for the finish.

ECW will die soon. Then, Lashley will transfer back to SmackDown, and they'll unificate the two world titles in one, and ECW, my 2 cents.

Megatron X

X nortageM,
Jedite said:
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

ECW has now become a vehicle to make Bobby Lashley a superstar. Vince McMahon is determined to make Lashley look as strong as possible. The new idea is to make Lashley into an unstoppable, dominant champion. The ECW brand is now the catalyst that gives Lashley the credibility to be one of the company's top stars. ECW as a concept is pretty much dead, only surviving because they have a television commitment on Sci Fi to live up to. The main point of the brand is that when it's all over, Lashley can be moved over to one of the other brands and be seen as an equal to the other world champions.

Considering that WWE wants Lashley to look as strong as possible, that pretty much explains why Lashley beat Test cleanly the week before their match at the Royal Rumble. Also, McMahon had given up on Test as being taken as a serious contender by the time of their 1/23 match. His future as an ECW headliner seems to be in doubt, especially considering that Gene Snitsky has taken his place. McMahon was trying to overcompensate for Lashley's lackluster performance at the 1/16 show. After seeing that show, which featured a three-way match between Lashley, RVD and Test, McMahon became so enraged that he vowed that the show would never be aired live again. He also exclaimed that there wasn't a single guy on the ECW roster that knew how to work. Although, he's probably changed his mind since then as the show has been live the past few weeks. McMahon was particularly upset about the main event as he felt that Lashley sold too much when he's supposed to look strong. Arn Anderson, who was the agent for the match, took heat for how bad it was laid out. However, Anderson said that the problem with the match was that Test and RVD insisted that they get their trademark moves in, and thus there were a lot of spots in which Lashley had to sell.

In regards to the 1/23 match with Test, even though many in creative felt the time for the blow-off was at the PPV, there were no disagreements from the creative team on Test losing the match when the finish was brought up. A sea of "yes men" nodded in approval for the finish.

ECW will die soon. Then, Lashley will transfer back to SmackDown, and they'll unificate the two world titles in one, and ECW, my 2 cents.

all thanks to "mr. cojones" who knows shit...dude gets pissed off because his idea end up like crap and blames some one else for it...
instead of letting the people who "know" ecw and how to run it he sticks his nose where it don't belong because "i am mr. mcmahon...mr. cojones...mr. grapefruit...i'm the boss and blah blah blah..."

ecw=wwe hardcore match (lite)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Watching Wrestling Society X I taped from last night. The ring's awful small, the announcers are annoying and it relies on too many props.

Two thumbs down. I doubt if this organization will be taken serious enough but I could be wrong. Actually, I really do hope I'm wrong.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Ratings

Source: PWTorch

* This week's Raw drew a strong 4.1 rating, down just a notch from the impressive 4.2 rating last week.

* WSX's second Tuesday night airing drew a 0.7 rating, down 0.1 from last week's 0.8 rating. By comparison, it's lead-in ("Two-a-Days") dropped by over 0.2.

* ECW on Sci-Fi from Tuesday night averaged a 1.4 rating and 1.78 million viewers. Last week's show averaged a 1.7 rating and 2.03 million viewers.

The Feb. 6 show started with a 1.4 first quarter rating and increased to 1.5 for the second and third quarters before dropping to a 1.3 head-to-head against WSX in the fourth quarter of the show. The three-minute over-run drew a 1.6 rating.

Viewers might have been intrigued to see Vince McMahon's first appearance on ECW last week, but they didn't return as strongly for the encore this week.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
Arcademan said:
Watching Wrestling Society X I taped from last night. The ring's awful small, the announcers are annoying and it relies on too many props.

Two thumbs down. I doubt if this organization will be taken serious enough but I could be wrong. Actually, I really do hope I'm wrong.

its not to bad, got to see it. reminds me of the old school days of high flying ecw. needs to be longer than 30 mins.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
fatal fury fan #2 said:
its not to bad, got to see it. reminds me of the old school days of high flying ecw. needs to be longer than 30 mins.

WSX is to WWE/TNA as the XFL was to the NFL. They go for extreme moves, which many can dig but a few of the moves I've seen are awful risky...TOO risky. One slight slip or timing being off and someone's getting carried off on a stretcher with a broken neck.

Get less annoying ring announcer (I want to slap him bad!!!) and up it to an hour and it can have a future. I'll watch it next week and though the premiere episodes are advertised for Tuesday nights, the 'secret episode' can be seen on Friday nights.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
Arcademan said:
WSX is to WWE/TNA as the XFL was to the NFL. They go for extreme moves, which many can dig but a few of the moves I've seen are awful risky...TOO risky. One slight slip or timing being off and someone's getting carried off on a stretcher with a broken neck.

Get less annoying ring announcer (I want to slap him bad!!!) and up it to an hour and it can have a future. I'll watch it next week and though the premiere episodes are advertised for Tuesday nights, the 'secret episode' can be seen on Friday nights.

at what time? after smack down?

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
arcademan, i agree with you on that horrid ring announcer...but one of the reasons i espsically like WSX is the super-high risk moves. i rather see risky wrestling than shitty wrestling....and yeah, i know, i wouldn't be saying that if i were a wrestler myself.
that XFL analogy seems too shallow.

im hoping it will get popular and get another half-hour or more added to it. its the one of the only shows, other than bam margera's shows and Jackass (basically the same, hehe), that i will watch on MTV, cuz other than those shows, MTV is the worst channel around, IMHO (and many other's too, i would assume).

btw, yea, plz tell us about the secret show! :eek:

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Don't get me wrong. I love the high risk style being used in WSX. My only concern is how long can they keep that up without half of their roster not getting seriously hurt when it's done on a continuous basis.

The 'secret show' is usually late night Friday (about 10 or so) and is the show that airs on Tuesday night in advance.

EDIT: Looks like there won't be an advance showing of it. MTV has it schedule Tuesday night at 10:30 pm EST with the re-airing Wednesday morning at 4:30 am EST. You can watch the last episode on their website.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
TNA Impact! Results: 2-8-07

1 -- ABYSS (w/James Mitchell) vs. CHASE STEVENS

Stevens went for a top rope move, but Abyss caught him with the Black Hole Slam for the win. After the match, we saw that Abyss was wearing a new red mask. Andy Douglas then tried to make the save for Stevens, but Douglas took the Shock Treatment. Shane Douglas then entered the ring, but security held him back. With that out of the way, we heard a random voice. Sting appeared on the video screen and told Abyss that it's time for him to face the world as himself. He guaranteed to Mitchell that everyone would witness the end times at Against All Odds. Sting warned Abyss that they would reach the end of the journey at the PPV.

WINNER: Abyss in 0:30. This could have been the entire first segment to let everything sink in, but that's not how TNA operates.

We get the usual Impact intro, then Tenay broke down the card with Styles & Angle vs. Joe & Angle as the main event. The text messaging voting went: Goldberg - 30 percent, Lesnar - 26 percent, Joe - 10 percent, None of the Above - 34 percent. So, 34 percent of TNA viewers read the spoilers ahead of time.

Leticia stood backstage with heavy bags under her eyes for an interview with Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle. Joe screamed at Angle to get the job done at the PPV, with him serving as Angle's ringside enforcer. Angle paused then asked Joe if he hates him. He said he knows that Joe has an agenda to become NWA Champion, and Joe would get his title shot after he beats Christian if everything works to plan tonight. Angle told Christian to bring his consultant to the ring so he can kick both of their asses.

[Commercial Break]

They cut backstage where Tyson Tomko was slamming a pipe into a wall. Christian interrupted the outburst and calmed Tomko down before pumping up his ego by telling him he's the toughest s.o.b. he's ever met. Christian told him to take the night off.

[Q2]

They aired a video package on LAX taking out the random guy in the restaurant last week and Brother Devon's follow-up interview. We should hear more from Devon in future promos.

Suddenly, Team 3D was in the ring. Brother Ray said their last name is Dudley, but his mother's last name is LaMonico. He said that makes him half-angry redneck and half-pissed-off Italian. Ray said LAX went after his family - his closest uncle in the whole world. He said LAX beat him down so badly that doctors don't know if he'll ever be the same again. Ray said they have a decision to make as to whether they should continue to chase the NWA Tag Titles or go for revenge. Ray said they choose revenge. He said LAX pissed off him, his brother, and his family. They're doing it Italian style at the PPV with a Little Italy Street Fight. He said they're going Mafia on LAX with a fight through the strip clubs and back alleys...

LAX's music interrupted, then Moody Jack wheeled Konnan onto the entrance ramp. Konnan told everyone to go straight to hell. He told Ray to save his hot air for his blow-up dolls. Ray told Konnan to walk down to the ring and say that to him. Konnan answered back that he has something up his sleeve for Ray, the fat boy. He accepted the street fight for LAX because they run the streets. Suddenly, Brother Runt interrupted. Ray told him to hit the bar and stay out of their business. Homicide and Hernandez then jumped Team 3D in the ring. Homicide beat down Devon, then Hernandez hit a corner splash. Homicide smashed Devon with a cookie sheet, then Hernandez KO'ed Ray with a trashcan lid. As Homicide choked Ray in the corner, Hernandez slammed the steel steps into Ray's face with repeated chair shots. LAX stood tall on the entrance ramp to close the hot segment. Good work from everyone involved.

Leticia was backstage with Christy Hemme for an interview. Christy says it doesn't matter who her opponent is at the PPV, because she just wants to prove that she belongs. Kip and B.G. James interrupted. Kip asked Christy how much a lap dance would cost. Christy slapped his money away, then B.G. told Kip that he could do that on his own because he's not having part of Kip's antics anymore. Kip then pulled out some dollar bills and asked his question again, but Leticia and Christy left. "Ah, hell, ya'll aren't even worth five bucks," he said.

[Commercial Break]

They aired a video package on Styles vs. Rhino to promote their Motor City Chain match at the PPV.

Borash made his first appearance of the show to interview Styles backstage. Styles listed his accolades in comparison to Angle. He then equated his athletic ability to a bumble bee because he can do things no one else can. Christian Cage interrupted and said he likes Styles's ring jacket hood and chain. Christian told him to give Rhino a few chain shots for him. Christian said Angle's big teeth guards are cutting off the circulation to his brain. He said Angle is nothing more than supporting cast these days. Christian said he's not lying about having a consultant, and he certainly wouldn't consult with Joe on anything since he lost to Angle. Styles interjected that Joe lost to him twice. Christian said Styles isn't as slow as some people say. Styles was slightly taken aback. Christian then warned Angle and Joe about their main event match. They left together, then TNA's version of Ron Simmons, Bob Backlund, suddenly appeared with flip-up glasses to stare down Borash.

Three men came out for an X Division six-man tag match. Instead of reinforcing the promo from Styles and Christian, Tenay and West decided to discuss Bob Backlund freaking people out. That's poor scripting to discuss someone contributing nothing to the program.

2 -- JAMES STORM (w/Miss Tennessee) & X Division champion CHRIS SABIN & AUSTIN STARR vs. JERRY LYNN & SENSHI & RHINO

Before the match started, Raven's Serotonin group was shown watching the match from the peanut gallery. The action broke down early on as Tenay discussed the two-hour special next Monday night. Sabin then crotched Senshi, allowing Starr to give Senshi a brainbuster for the win.

WINNERS: Storm & Starr & Sabin in 3:00. Way too short for anything to stand out. No one had significant air time and no PPV matches were effectively built up despite Lynn and Sabin being in the same ring.

[Q3]

Eye Spy this week was Kevin Nash's therapy session with Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal. He said they need a persona makeover and circumcision. Just kidding. Nash pulled out a Samoa Joe doll and said he's responsible for him and the doll. He then pulled out a Sting doll and said not only would Dutt and Lethal have Sting's success, but a doll to earn merchandise royalties. Dutt wanted to know why they could trust Nash. He said the proof's in the doll/pudding. Nash then took a drag on his pipe and told them to trust him.

[Commercial Break]

A commercial aired promoting the two-hour special going up against the dog show next Monday. The greatest thing I've ever seen was Abyss holding a small dog and screaming at it. It's better than him getting upset about his balloons being popped. Sorry, that was an FSN-era joke.

Borash eavesdropped on Eric Young standing next to a copier with Ms. Brooks. That RICOH four-in-one copier never looked better. Brooks was in her bra stroking Young's nipples. She said she wanted to show Young her appreciation for helping her stand up to Roode last week. Brooks told him to bring the stuff to their trip on Saturday. She planted a kiss on Young, told him she loves him, and then left. Borash asked Young if he's sure he wants to go through with it. "You heard her, J.B. She loves me," Young said. He then walked off to catch his breath.

Sting walked out in the mask. He sounded like he had a bag of marbles in his mouth with the mask covering his mouth. Sting lowered a box to the ring. He said this is what he calls storming the gates of hell. Sting pulled back the curtain to reveal James Mitchell in the box. He said Sunday would be the last time Abyss sees Mitchell. Abyss came out and Sting met him with right hand blows. Sting then slammed a chair across Abyss's back and face. He rolled Abyss into the ring and continued to hit Abyss with the chair. He missed with a chair shot, then Abyss drove Sting into the cage wall. From inside the cage, Mitchell pulled off his belt and choked Sting. Abyss then slammed the chair into the cage next to Sting's face and the reverberations caused Sting to collapse to the mat. Mitchell walked out of the cage and stood tall with Abyss.

They aired a video package on Christopher Daniels trying to find himself again. He said he's doubted his purpose and his self for too long now. He said the doubt is over and he sees the truth now. End Scene. Well, it's about time someone realized the truth about the X Division being six-feet under right now.

[Commercial Break]

[Q4]

Ron Killings is starring in Rocky VII, according to the random movie poster. Don West then talked about tickets going on sale Feb. 16 for the Lockdown PPV in St. Louis. Tenay and West then broke down the PPV card.

Borash was backstage with Dale Torborg and A.J. Pierzynski to discuss Torborg's match against Lance Hoyt at the PPV. Hoyt interrupted and Pierzynski asked him where Eckstein's been lately. Torborg kept talking, then Johnny Damon interrupted with a soft chair shot to Torborg's back. Hoyt then gave Pierzynski a few playful slaps and walked off with Damon. That wasn't obviously staged or anything.

3 -- A.J. STYLES & CHRISTIAN CAGE vs. SAMOA JOE & KURT ANGLE

Angle came out last and stormed the ring with Joe. Angle worked on Christian while Joe ripped into Styles with a hard chop to the chest. Styles went for a back flip off the top rope, but Joe dusted off the casual walk-away and Styles ate the mat. Christian tagged in and Joe powerslammed Christian before catching him in the corner with a charging knee to the face. Styles then made a blind tag and caught Joe with a springboard fist smash as they cut to a break.

[Commercial Break]

West plugged the two-hour special when they returned from the break. Joe caught Christian with the E. Honda front slam out of the corner before making the tag to Angle. Styles tagged in and Angle ran him over with clotheslines. He gave Styles two German Suplexes before giving Christian a German. Angle then gave Styles the Olympic Slam and had the pin, but Christian broke it up. The action broke down and Styles hit Angle with the Pele soccer kick. Styles went up top, but Rhino attacked him. Angle then hit the Olympic Slam from the top rope as Joe put Christian in the rear naked choke. Angle made the cover on Styles for the win.

WINNERS: Angle & Joe in 6:00. Only about three minutes of action aired with four of TNA's top stars in the ring. That shows how little priority is placed on wrestling when we can't get more than three minutes of actual action to sell a PPV with the top wrestlers in the company.

While the babyfaces celebrated in the ring, a man in a hood jumped into the ring. Angle spun him around and took off his mask revealing Scott Steiner. Christian jumped Angle from behind, then Steiner landed a hard clothesline on Angle. Steiner and Christian did push-ups, then Styles threw the ref out of the ring. Steiner put Angle in the Steiner Recliner and choked him with the pipe. Christian then held the NWA Title belt in Angle's face as Angle passed out. Tenay and West gave the final plugs for the PPV and talked about Steiner being the enforcer. Styles, Christian, and Steiner stood tall in the ring to close the show. Strong conclusion with another tease of a heel faction and with the pseudo-babyface title challenger in jeopardy before the PPV.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
TNA on this Monday Night!

COMPLETE LINEUP FOR MONDAY'S TWO-HOUR "THIS IS TNA" SPECIAL
Tune in Monday night at 9pm ET on Spike TV for the huge broadcast!

This Monday night, Total Nonstop Action will present the two-hour "This Is TNA" special on SpikeTV starting at 9pm ET! Don't miss TNA's first-ever Monday night broadcast! The below is the complete lineup of what fans will see on the program:

FROM BOUND FOR GLORY 2006:

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match - Career vs. Title
Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting

NWA World Tag Team Title Match - Six Sides Of Steel
AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs. The Latin American Xchange

Eight-Mile Street Fight
Christian Cage vs. "The War Machine" Rhino

FROM SLAMMIVERSARY 2006:

King of the Mountain Match For The NWA World Heavyweight Title
Christian Cage vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting vs. Abyss vs. The Truth

FROM GENESIS 2006:

Dream Match Of The Decade
Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle vs. "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe

In addition, all matches on the two-hour special will be enhanced by TNA Film, giving viewers a unique perspective with never-before-seen footage!

ALSO FEATURED ON THE TWO-HOUR SPECIAL:

- A Countdown to the top five moments in TNA Wrestling history

- The unveiling of TNA's newest innovative concept match set to debut at March's "Destination X" Pay-Per-View!

- A music video from Chris Jericho's band "Fozzy"

- A look back at the some of the legends and celebrities that have appeared in TNA Wrestling

- Highlights of some of the most bloody and gruesome moments in TNA history

- An extensive look at TNA's X Division and the high-flying Ultimate X Match

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE Smackdown Results: 2-9-07

Direct route
By Lennie DiFino
February 9, 2007

Undertaker’s road to WrestleMania 23 has become a one-way street heading straight for Batista and the World Heavyweight Championship.

The Miz was the unfortunate soul who had to face the Deadman on this edition of SmackDown, and after the young Superstar had bragged a few weeks ago about going the distance with Undertaker, The Miz was a marked man.

Undertaker destroyed Miz, and after picking up the victory, he sent an emphatic message to Batista (and to Miz), delivering the Last Ride through the announce table.

At WrestleMania it will be Undertaker’s Streak of 14-0 versus Batista and his World Heavyweight Championship.

The Animal responded to Undertaker’s message by defeating Mr. Kennedy in a Royal Rumble Rematch. The loudmouth tried to psych-out Batista earlier in the night, but in the end, Kennedy could not capitalize.

In just over one week at No Way Out, World Heavyweight Champion Batista will team with Undertaker to face WWE Champion John Cena and his partner, fellow World Tag Team Champion, Shawn Michaels. Can Batista and Undertaker coexist as they head into No Way Out?

Finlay picked up a victory and put an end to the undefeated streak of Boogeyman. Once again, Little Bastard was chased down by Boogeyman, and with the referee turned around, Finlay was able to nail Boogeyman and steal a victory.

General Manager Theodore Long announced a huge Four Team Ladder Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship at No Way Out. The match will include the following teams: WWE Tag Team Champions Paul London & Brian Kendrick, William Regal & Dave Taylor, MNM, and The Hardys.

On SmackDown, two participants in that huge match squared off, as Joey Mercury faced Matt Hardy. In what has become one of the most heated rivalries in SmackDown history, Mercury picked up the victory and injured Hardy’s knee in the process.

Heading toward No Way Out and the Four Team Ladder Match, is Hardy going to be full strength or has Joey Mercury finally achieved his goal of revenge?

WWE Tag Team Champions Paul London & Brian Kendrick were in action against newcomers Deuce and Domino for the second straight week. After the huge upset last week, Deuce and Domino looked to ‘sock ‘em in da mouth’ again.
As SmackDown fans looked on, Deuce and Domino once again defeated the WWE Tag Team Champions. As JBL noted, for the second straight week Deuce and Domino defeated the champions. He then questioned, “why haven’t they received a title shot? Teddy Long, I hope you are watching.”

As much as fans may disagree, JBL may have a point, as the impressive team of Deuce and Domino were left out of the Four Way Ladder Match at No Way Out after their string of impressive victories.

Daivari returned to SmackDown and immediately made an impact by defeating Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms in non-title action. Daivari had been manager to The Great Khali, but looks to strike on his own in the cruiserweight division.

Theodore Long had a very busy night as SmackDown readies for No Way Out. The SmackDown General Manager also made a match between Kane and King Booker, stemming from the fallout of the Royal Rumble. He also signed a match between Finlay and Boogeyman.

In addition to the matches already announced, Long has also decided that No Way Out will host the Diva Talent Invitational, open to all WWE and ECW Divas.

Next week on SmackDown, the beautiful Ashley will unveil her Playboy cover to WWE fans.

Finally, in two weeks, when SmackDown heads to San Diego, former World Champion Rey Mysterio will make his first appearance since being injured months ago by Chavo Guerrero.

Matches
Undertaker def. Miz
Deuce & Domino def. London & Kendrick (non-title)
Joey Mercury def. Matt Hardy
Finlay def. Boogeyman
Daivari def. Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms (non-title)
World Heavyweight Champion Batista def. Mr. Kennedy

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
fatal fury fan #2 said:
I'm pretty sure if they show this then that means tna gots jerico in the bag :multi_co:

god, i hope so. :buttrock:
btw, arcademan, thanks for the WSX info. :D

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
TNA iMPACT! got a 1.12 cable rating for Thursday, February 8, 2007. This is the highest rating in the 145 weeks iMPACT! has been on the air, with the show getting its highest rating for males 18-34 (1.32) since the move to Thursdays. The episode also set a record for viewers with 1.6 million.

Credit: PWTorch.com

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Arcademan said:
Looks like there won't be an advance showing of it. MTV has it schedule Tuesday night at 10:30 pm EST with the re-airing Wednesday morning at 4:30 am EST. You can watch the last episode on their website.

Looks like what I posted has been confirmed from MTV via PWTorch:
MTV has decided that the only airing of WSX's new show starting next week will be on the Tuesday night premiere timeslot. While there will be replays throughout the week, they will be of previous shows. The first opportunity to see the fresh episode will be Tuesday night premiere that goes head-to-head with the second half of ECW on Sci-Fi.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
TNA Against All Odds PPV Results: 2-11-07

The opening video package focused on Christian Cage equating himself to other instant classics such as the Model T, sliced bread, the hoola hoop, bowling, Elvis, and Pac-Man. Someone in the truck had too much time on his or her hands with the echo sound mixer.

1 -- TEAM 3D (BROTHER RAY & BROTHER DEVON) vs. LAX (HERNANDEZ & HOMICIDE w/Konnan) -- Little Italy Street Fight -- non-title match

Team 3D was still in the ring to start the PPV. LAX pulled a misdirection when someone wheeled Konnan to ringside, then LAX sneak attacked Team 3D to start the match. Ringside, Homicide hit a suicide dive on Bother Ray on the outside. Hernandez then flew over the top rope and met a chair shot to the head from Devon. Someone needs to fix Don West's audio. Ray then back body dropped Homicide into the ringpost before missing with a chair shot. Action was going on both sides of the ringside area with the crowd cheering something we weren't seeing, so they decided to go for an instant replay. Brother Ray then tried to dance with the strippers, but Homicide cockblocked with a chair shot to the back of Ray's head. Back in the ring, LAX double-teamed Devon with a slingshot front slam by Hernandez. Homicide pulled out a pizza cutter and sliced open Devon's forehead. Ray then entered the ring with a cheese grater and smashed it over Homicide's head. Suddenly, random Hispanic men filled the ring. Of course, Team 3D cleared them all. Homicide then took the diving headbutt to the crotch from Devon. They set up a table, then Devon set up for another headbutt, but he opted to splash the random Hispanic men. LAX double-teamed Ray, then Hernandez put Ray through the table. Homicide followed with a top rope elbow drop and Ray kicked out to show how tough he is. Devon came back with the Saving Grace lift-up slam on Homicide for a nearfall. The Hispanic men held down Devon in the corner, then Hernandez gave him a Border Toss. Homicide came off the top with an elbow drop and Hernandez covered Devon for the win.

WINNERS: LAX in 10:00. Sloppy at times, but it was the type of action that was expected. Of course, Team 3D wasn't going to lose clean to a smaller team, so the outside interference wasn't surprising.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

2 -- THE AUSTIN STARR vs. SENSHI

Rapid-fire action early on with Starr playing the cocky heel distracting himself by posing for the camera. Starr then hit a suicide dive on Senshi at 1:30. He worked on Senshi's face with a leg vice in the ropes, then ripped off a hard chop to the chest that put some life in the crowd. He missed with a Pendulum elbow drop and Senshi came back with kicks to the chest, but Starr cut him off with a dropkick for a nearfall. Starr missed with a clothesline and Starr answered with a hard knock-down clothesline. Senshi tried to cauliflower Starr's ears with kicks, then he missed with a corner splash and Starr applied a Crossface Chickenwing. Senshi escaped and hit a dropkick before going up top and missing with the Warrior's Way. Starr went back to the Chickenwing, then Senshi took him to the mat. They had a pin exchange with Starr getting his shoulder up in a bridge attempt by Senshi, but the referee counted a three. The referee declared Senshi as the winner.

Afterward, Starr grabbed chairs ringside and threw them into the ring out of frustration. He took the mic and demanded the match be re-started. Starr sat down in a chair, then Backlund hit the ring. He screamed at Starr, then Starr slapped ihm across the face. Backlund removed his jacket and put him in the Chickenwing. He took Starr out of the ring to the floor and ran him backstage past So Cal Val and off camera.

WINNER: Senshi in 9:00. Hard to complain about a bonus match. Basic action that you would see on TV if a three-minute singles match was tripled in length.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

3 -- CHRISTY HEMME vs. BIG FAT OILY GUY -- Tuxedo match

Christy walked out first followed by the BFOG. He came up to Christy and danced near her. Christy slapped him to start the match. She stripped off the jacket, then landed kicks to the gut. BFOG stripped off the jacket, then Christy mounted BFOG and stripped off his shirt, which drew boos. She splashed BFOG in the corner and they had some weird exchange in the corner. BFOG grabbed Christy's pants, then BFOG slammed her to the mat. BFOG missed with a splash revealing a thong hanging out of his pants. BFOG blocked a sunset flip and sat down crotch-first on Christy's face. "That was like bad porn," West said, revealing way too much information. Christy then stripped off BFOG's pants to win.

Afterward, Christy said she's not done and Cornette's plan backfired. VKM's music then hit and Kip came out to a babyface reaction. He said the people didn't come to see Christy vs. the BFOG. He said they came to see him strip. Kip then teased taking off his pants before stripping off Christy's tuxedo shirt revealing bra and panties. Christy stormed off and Kip smiled in the ring.

WINNER: Christy in 3:00. It is what it is. Kip is the babyface and Christy is best-suited turning heel at this point.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

4 -- DALE TORBORG (w/A.J. Pierzynski) vs. LANCE HOYT (w/David Eckstein)

Pierzynski mocked Eckstein and Hoyt's pre-match pose for the hard camera, then Tenay said Torborg's wrestling credentials include playing the KISS Demon in WCW. Pierzynski interfered early on by low-blowing Hoyt and slamming him into the guardrail. Back in the ring, Torborg nearly dropped Hoyt on his head with a suplex before choking him in the corner. Hoyt then came back with a turnaround clothesline off the top rope setting up his comeback. Eckstein the hopped on the apron and distracted the referee, which allowed Pierzynski to hit Hoyt in the back with a steel chair shot. Torborg then covered Hoyt for the win.

Afterward, Eckstein complained that Pierzynski had used a chair. The referee took Eckstein at his word and called for a re-start. Rick Eckstein then handed David a chair and David slammed it over Torborg's back. He hit a pumphandle slam for the win.

WINNER: Hoyt in 5:00. Just a bad match. The re-start was inconsistent with Austin Starr losing when his shoulders weren't even down, but we know TNA doesn't think about consistency when putting together their shows.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

5 -- A.J. STYLES vs. RHINO -- Motor City Chain match

Styles came out first, then Rhino stormed the ring and chased Styles. We saw a key on one pole and a nightstick on another pole. Earl Hebner held the chain in the ring and hooked up Rhino to one side of the chain before telling Styles to hook up to the other side. So, it's a dog collar/bull rope match that TNA should have explained on TV to make things easier. Tenay said the winner would be determined by pinfall or submission. The fight spilled to the outside early on with Rhino slamming Styles into the guardrail. They had a tug of war near the ringpost and Styles fell down hard on his back. Styles got up and Rhino pulled him into the guardrail. Rhino then crotched Styles with the chain and West asked the viewers to feel the pain Styles must have felt based on where the chain was rubbing. This is too much from West tonight. Rhino set up for the Gore at 4:45, but Styles caught him with a textbook dropkick. West then described Styles stuffing the chain in Rhino's mouth and trying to split his cheeks open. We then had a discussion of Styles trying to climb the pole to retrieve the key to escape the chain, but Rhino pulled Styles down to the mat before he could grab the key. Styles then came off the top with a springboard fist smash. He made a cover, but it was only good for a nearfall. Rhino made a comeback and landed a spinebuster in center ring for a nearfall. West then said Styles probably should have taken the loss at that point to fight for another day, but that's not something Styles would do. Tenay quickly caught on to the most absurd statement West has ever made by reminding West that Styles willingly quit last month. Styles grabbed the nightstick from Rhino and smashed it over Rhino's face to no crowd reaction. Styles went to the other pole and retrieved the key to uncuff himself. He then hit a top rope frog splash and stared down Rhino. Styles then left the ring and walked up the ramp for no apparent reason. He walked back into the ring and stomped on Rhino. He then wrapped the chain around the ring and cuffed it to the ropes with Rhino still hooked up to the chain. Styles teased him with the key, then hit the Pele kick for a small cheer. After doing too much posing, Styles turned around and took the Gore, but Rhino couldn't reach Styles to make a cover because he was tied up like a dog on a short leash. Earl Hebner then got the only reaction of the match by casually kicking the keys over to Rhino. The fans chanted, "You screwed A.J." Rhino uncuffed himself and made his comeback. He slid a table into the ring and set up the Gore, but Styles ducked and Rhino crashed into the table. Styles then made the cover for the win.

WINNER: Styles in 16:00. It's pretty sad that the only strong crowd reaction during the match came for Earl Hebner when he helped Rhino acquire the keys. Too many gimmick matches have worn out the crowd and we haven't even had the Prison Yard match. Decent action and Styles is a good heel, so that helped the match from an entertainment standpoint. (**)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

(6) CHRIS SABIN vs. JERRY LYNN -- X Division Title match

As Lynn stood in the ring with the full complement of lights, Tenay suddenly screamed, "Who turned the lights out?" West said Lynn can do things no other wrestlers can do in the ring. See, that's fine and dandy, but that doesn't mean the guy can win matches. It's not a strong endorsement of a wrestler. Lynn cleared Sabin to the outside early on and Sabin recovered in the ring. Sabin told the cameraman that he has him this time. Sabin then stalled for several minutes before the action spilled to the outside and Lynn sidestepped a splash causing Sabin to crash to the mat. Back in the ring, Sabin worked on Lynn's neck and back with a surfboard stretch. West said it was tough to watch...well, Lynn taking a beating from Sabin. Sabin mounted Lynn in the corner, then rubbed his face with his hands. Lynn made a comeback with right hand blows followed by a series of dropkicks, not showing any effects of the work on the back. Sabin cut off Lynn and hit a standing kick before landing a spinning powerbomb for a nearfall. Lynn quickly came back with a TKO for a nearfall, then he went for the cradle piledriver, but he held his back in pain. Sabin then rolled up Lynn and hooked the ropes for the win.

WINNER: Sabin in 14:00 to retain the X Division Title. Decent action at times, but fans have been trained not to care about the extensive work by the heel because it usually doesn't play into the finish. It did here, but because Sabin lacks credibility thanks to always cheating to win, the fans were quiet for the majority of the match. (**1/4)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

7 -- JAMES STORM & JACKIE MOORE vs. PETEY WILLIAMS & GAIL KIM

Jackie wanted a piece of Petey early on, and Petey responded with an atomic drop. Gail then tagged in and hair-tossed Jackie around the ring. She speared Jackie to the mat and went for right hand blows, but the ref separated them. Jackie went running to Storm's crotch for safety, then Gail shoved Jackie's head into Storm's crotch. Petey tagged in and took a clothesline after Jackie kneed him in the back from the apron. After working on Petey for several minutes, Storm hit the Eye of the Storm and tagged in Jackie, who dropped an elbow for a nearfall. Petey then caught Jackie with a back drop suplex and Storm tagged in to take a double-foot dropkick to the back. He followed with the Russian legsweep, then he called for the Destroyer. Jackie blocked the finisher with an eye rake, then Gail entered and landed right hand blows. She went up to and landed a missile dropkick, but Storm broke up the pin. Gail then rolled up Jackie and had the pin, but the ref was talking to Petey. Jackie then shoved Gail into Storm's leg or knee and Gail recoiled to the mat. Jackie then made the cover for the win.

Afterward, Storm missed with a beer bottle show and Petey picked up the bottle. Jackie then jumped on Petey's back and Petey flipped her to the mat. Storm then caught Petey with a superkick. Suddenly, Jackie gave referee Rudy Charles a DDT. Storm called for the end, then they set up Petey for the Death Sentence, but out of nowhere, Chris Harris ran into the ring sporting an eye patch. Storm bailed from the ring, then Gail checked on Petey as Harris called out to Storm.

WINNERS: Storm & Jackie in 9:00. Entertaining at times and they held the interest of the crowd. We'll probably get Harris vs. Storm next month or at Lockdown in the cage. (*3/4)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

8 -- ABYSS (w/James Mitchell) vs. STING -- Prison yard match

The winner is the person who can put his opponent into the cage cell first. Abyss walked out and Tenay talked about the various caging and weaponry surrounding the ring. They showed the cell hanging above the ring. Abyss then walked outside the building where the match was scheduled to start. Sting came to the ring next and checked on the barbed wire surrounding the ring. He walked to the back and chucked a trashcan into Abyss to start the match. Abyss then threw Sting into a dumpster, but we saw that Sting landed softly on a piece of plywood. Abyss then took too long setting up a table below the dumpster and Sting met him with a board shot to the face. Sting then splashed Abyss from the dumpster through the table. That's something you'd see in a backyard wrestling match. The fight then spilled into the Impact Zone where Sting landed right hand blows before throwing him into the barbed wire wrapped around the ringpost. Sting pulled out a barbed wire baseball bat and slammed it over Abyss's back several times. He then called for the cage to be lowered at 4:00. The camera zoomed in on Abyss's arm covered in blood. Sting then knocked Mitchell off the apron and pulled the belt from Mitchell's waist to smash him in the face with a loaded fist. Sting landed belt shots to the back and we saw that Mitchell was bleeding from the forehead. Abyss made the save and slid a table in the ring. He then grabbed a WCW Saturday Night-style flashing red light from the turnbuckle and shattered it over Sting's face for a big pop. He then tried to shut the door on Sting in the cage, but Sting over-powered him. Abyss retrieved a barbed wire board and set it up in the corner, but Sting made a comeback. He ran into the Black Hole Slam, though, and Abyss took the mask off Sting. He shoved Sting into the cage and tried to shut the door, but Sting fought him off again and kicked the door into Abyss's face. Sting followed with Stinger Splashes and the Scorpion Deathdrop, then Mitchell ran into the ring and Sting put him in the Scorpion Deathlock. Abyss made the save for Mitchell and set up the table in the ring. He then tried climbing the cell, but Sting recovered and set up the barbed wire board on the table. Sting then powerbombed Abyss off the cell through the barbed wire and the table. The fans jumped up and down, then Sting threw Abyss into the cage and locked the door to win the match.

Afterward, Sting tried to choke the life out of Mitchell until security hit the ring to save Mitchell from further damage. Abyss reached out to Mitchell from inside the cage, then Sting left.

WINNER: STING in 12:00. Satisfying conclusion for Sting fans after a well-laid out gimmick match. Nothing too tricky or difficult to follow for Sting or viewers at home. (**3/4)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

9 -- CHRISTIAN CAGE (w/Tomko) vs. KURT ANGLE -- NWA Title match

West said Joe would be available to assist Angle during the match. Angle came out first, followed by Christian and Tomko, then Borash handled the formal ring intros. Tomko was then given the boot from ringside and Tomko threw a fit on the way out. After one minute of stalling and mat wrestling, Samoa Joe's music hit and Joe walked out with a chair in hand. Joe then sat down in a neutral corner to watch things more closely. Angle went back on the offensive and quickly went for an Anklelock, but Christian slipped to the outside and took a double-foot kick to the chest. Joe watched with a smirk as Angle gave Christian an overhead slam into the ringpost before taking him back into the ring. Christian took control with a chinlock, then he flung Angle to the outside. Angle came back with another Anklelock, but Christian spilled over the ref to break the hold, then low blow Angle and hit the Unprettier for a close nearfall. Angle then came back with seven consecutive German Suplexes, but Christian kicked out of a pin attempt. A.J. Styles then ran to the ring and Joe chased him from ringside. Back in the ring, Christian hit Angle with something, but the camera missed the in-ring action because they were following Styles and Joe. Tenay said it was a chair shot. Christian then hit the Unprettier again and Angle barely kicked out. The ref then took a bump at 15:00 and Angle hit a low blow followed by the Olympic Slam. He had a pin, but the ref was down. Joe threw him into the ring and Angle scored a nearfall. The ref took another bump, then Tomko and Steiner interfered with a lead pipe, but Angle cut them off. Joe then saved Angle and they had another staredown before Joe flew through the ropes with a suicide dive onto both men. All three fought to the back while Christian measured Angle back in the ring. Angle played opossum and put Christian in the anklelock and Christian tapped out at 18:30, but the ref was still down. Christian then grabbed the lead pipe and smashed it into Angle's shoulder. Christian woke up the ref, then hit the Unprettier again and made the cover for the win.

Afterward, Christian celebrated with Tomko and Steiner, who seemed to be on the same page now. A few objects were thrown into the ring to close the show with Christian standing tall in possession of the belt.

WINNER: Christian in 20:00 to retain the NWA Title. Good drama. Good action for the most part. Of course, there was the usual over-booking and outside interference since it was a title match main event, but that was expected if Christian was going to retain the belt. There's no way Angle was going to lose clean to Christian. If you knew coming into the match to expect the bag-of-tricks, then it probably didn't take away from your enjoyment of the match since it wasn't as bad as previous TNA PPV main events. There's definitely room for disappointment with the outcome if you're an Angle fan or if you believe Angle is the right guy to hold the title right now. (***)