"Yaton Special" carts?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
zapatistab said:
People who play MVS carts, and don't know what "Special" means, shouldn't be buying or playing MVS games anyway.

The MVS noobs who complain about boots, probably play Roms. :kekeke:

couldn't have put it better myself.

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
Update about the broken case:
Yaton offered me a $10 refund or a new case on my next order.

Great guy

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
If you're thinking about buying the boot, save yourself the time, money, spiders, dirt, and download teh rom instead.

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
ironish said:
If you're thinking about buying the boot, save yourself the time, money, spiders, dirt, and download teh rom instead.

teh wordz of wizdom :chimp:

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
I just received my new order today ... here are the results:

Samurai Shodown 2
Original w/ original label (serials removed). Dirty like only a Yaton cart can be.

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Original w/ horrible fake label & blue case. Clean. Holy crap, now I know what everyone's talking about with this game!

Twinkle Star Sprites
Sold as bootleg; verified as bootleg (SNK boards w/ windowed EPROMs, MX chips & horrible soldering / jumper wire). Clean & played fine on the first try.
Pic 1
Pic 2 (electrical tape is mine)

Neo Turf Masters
Sold as bootleg; verified as bootleg (SNK boards w/ windowed EPROMs, MX chips, and some mask roms w/ a solder-bridge repaired trace on one board). This one's interesting. It was clean in the first place but I cleaned it thoroughly anyway (as I do with all my MVS carts) but it simply would not boot past the crosshatch test. However, I booted with A+B+C held down to get into the Universe Bios menu and it CRC checked / jukebox played just fine. After exiting the UniBios menu, the game boots and plays just fine. I have to do this every time I boot the game. *shrugs*
Pic 1
Pic 2 (again, my electrical tape)
Solder bridge pic

Anyway, despite the NTM problems, I'm happy. Even having to do the Universe Bios trick, it still boots a hell of a lot faster than the CD version.

Of course, I don't want anyone to think this means I'm suddenly advocating buying bootlegs ... I just rolled the dice this time and got lucky. About the only other cart I'd consider buying a boot of is Bust-A-Move Again EX and as far as I'm concerned, these will just hold me over until the real deal comes along at a price I feel like paying.

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
ironish said:

Unfortunately roms do not play on my MVS-motherboard in my cabinet ;)

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
I have a Spinmaster boot I got off him a couple years ago, and the audio is glitchy (it pops/has static every few seconds). He offered to replace it as he had no idea it was a boot, but it turned out that all the other copies he had were also boots. :(