kof XI loke test thread

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
dragonwillow said:
They're probably just incomplete; they're probably still working on the sprites or something.

so when the game comes out they will be playable :conf: beelze give me some info

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
THIS GAME ROCKS!! This is what we've been waiting for. After last week's sam sho tenka and now this, I'm sure SNKplaymore are getting things right this time.

I went to the Akihabara test and there were so many people there. I had to wait about 30 mins. in line.

Just to re-affirm what Beelzebubble said. Yes Eiji and Duck King were on the select screen but unplayable. Their portraits (along with everyone else) look awesome. The art is more of a stylized anime feel. Very cool though.

The game crashed once and they had to restart it. When the arcade machine restarted the only logo that popped up before the game was "SEGA".

The new characters are awesome, a lot of the sprites and stuff are the same, but some of the supers have changed.

These are the backgrounds I remember:

-ice castle- very cool looking 3d ice castle

-japanese traditional house with the window open and snow outside, animations of people scrubbing the floor

-Ruins- Temple like stage, looked a lot like Adon's stage in street fighter zero 3

-Italy- fighting on a cool looking roof with some old pilliars in the background

-back alley, just some boring shops

- there was one more that I can't really remember....

The staff on hand was being really anal about people and their phones. I couldn't get any pictures.

The graphics are awesome, the game felt classic kof, there are a ton of characters, the switching seemed just the same as kof 2k3.

Kof 11 is going to be cool.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
This has to be the most obscure KOF yet as far as the roster goes, but seems the engine will be that way as well. And I don't think they would eliminate hops...

Duck!

EIJI!

Its established knowledge that SNK does listen to their fans (they know we want way better sprites but they are doing not bad so far), but they will make a lot of people happy with this KOF. I'm not just saying this because of the roster either.

No Robert..no wonder he got treated nicely in 2k3 and NGBC.

lol@Ryo in a Dan getup.

The new interface sounds very appealing. Lots of cancelling does also.

BGs sound great.

Bigger sprites!

In the KOF 2k3 AOF team ending Takuma is shown to know the attacker before-hand. So Robert is probably taking care of sensei, King joins AOF team to help out, Ryo and his team are set to battle Eiji and his team. COOL!

Seems sidekicks aren't safe from ommitance from the roster in these new KOFs lol..

Can't wait for this KOF, it's going to be a blast to learn. :loco: :drool_2:

EDIT: Thanks to BB and RJBS for the info. Big up guys, give us more!

Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
The graphics looked really cool. From far away the backgrounds didn't look 3d. They had a really subtle 3d look.

The game is also the brightest kof. The colors were really vibrant. That along with the slick interface made it almost look like a capcom game.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Damn, that sounds really good man, so what, you just got back from the first test?, so we should expect the second day's reports around this time (little earlier) tommorow...

More character specific and system/engine info would really be good.

Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Not sure, it's 4:20pm here now. I might be going tomorrow, but I haven't made up my mind. It just takes so long to be able to play one round! If 81 or Tuska or Rassolin are going (or anybody else in tokyo) please PM me! I'll be going around 6pm-7pm maybe.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
^

oh I see, it would suck to wait so long to play ...one match....

LOL

A lot of people on S-C.com are already complaining about the game (its almost on its way to happen here) while inversely on SRK, everyone is eating up the info happily.

Did you notice any new moves for any characterS?

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
I LOVE KOF!!! I can tell you that I am jizzing as we speak, I'm glad you guys like it. I cant wait for this bitch!!!

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Maybe Eiji is the one who kicked Takuma's ass at the end of KoF 2003 ?

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Momoko, in the team with Beni and Duo, is a member of Lin's clan. Guaranteed.

I just hope they finally kill off Iori. But, Duck King and Eiji...0.0

Well, I live in St. Louis, so my chances of finding this machine anywhere once the game finally comes out is probably zero to none. Lame.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Duck King is in it?

Wait till Nesagwa hears about this.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
ok more details from the 20 minutes i spent with it this morning before work (i just got home pheww... puffed).

oswald is fucking cool. shen woo and ash are ok designs imo but oswald kicks ass. he looks about 55 is quite tall and thin and to sum him up id say gambit meets heidern. he looks like his sprite is modeled on heiderns and he's wearing a similar outfit bottom and top though his head is short grey hair with a receeding hairline.

all his normals look sweet and he has .... get this a card in each hand which he uses as his weapons. all his normals have the cards with speed tails on them which look cool.. im definitely gonna give him a try tomorrow when i put a couple of hours into watching/playing the game.

as rbj said dont worry about duck/eiji and the rest, they are just not complete yet.. they are definitely gonna be part of the initially available roster.

the ingame art is all very slickly done and looks like the artist who did the front cover of the ps2 version of motw.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Awesome. I'm so excited about this. I'm also glad the "E" button isn't something crazy, and just keeps the button layout the same... more or less.

Duck King? Hell yes. I've loved him since the very first FF, and he's a pimp in FFS. Also, the fact that nobody's crying about the graphics makes me happy. I hope the system's more or less the same as the old days. Oswald sound great, too. I love odd, quirky, distinctly non-Capcomish characters like Seth, Ramon and what not. Sounds like this is more of the same great style, unique feel like character.

Damn it I wish I had an Atomiswave set up. Ugh. Keep up the great info guys.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:
Just to re-affirm what Beelzebubble said. Yes Eiji and Duck King were on the select screen but unplayable. Their portraits (along with everyone else) look awesome. The art is more of a stylized anime feel. Very cool though.

This make Fran Happy Boy Or What! :kekeke: ;)

Sounds nice, very nice! I'm just glad they seem to be redrawing them.....but then again SNKP would'nt be so lazy just to put Eiji's 95 sprite in....would they?

I hope not.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
NeoDragoN said:
This make Fran Happy Boy Or What! :kekeke: ;)

Sounds nice, very nice! I'm just glad they seem to be redrawing them.....but then again SNKP would'nt be so lazy just to put Eiji's 95 sprite in....would they?

I hope not.

No way they could do that. 95 Sprites animate a little bit choppily and not enough frames in them if you compare them against recent sprites, they would have to spruce him up, bring him up to speed... after all, he's been absent for a whole decade.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I wonder if they have updated Terry's Sprite cause he did'nt look to good in 2K3 :( kind of a complete hack of his old costume.

Hopefully B Jenet has been redone KOF style and not just dumped from MOTW, they did an awesome job on the griffon and Gato though so i'm not too worried.

Btw no Iori?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I'm so excited about all this. glad to see Eiji and Duck comback. I'm also very pleased with KOF2003's system. everything seems great so far.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:
I wonder if they have updated Terry's Sprite cause he did'nt look to good in 2K3 :( kind of a complete hack of his old costume.

Hopefully B Jenet has been redone KOF style and not just dumped from MOTW, they did an awesome job on the griffon and Gato though so i'm not too worried.

Btw no Iori?

nah, I thought Terry looked great. red cap/jacket was so boring for me by now.

was just wondering about the other new characters. how many newbies are there?

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
On another board IIRC someone said that Iori (like Eiji and Duck) is unplayable. Dare I hope for a new sprite?

Overall I dig the change to the roster, it was very much needed. Finally Mai is gone, good riddance. Though I can't see how they could pick Whip over Leona , she is so lame.