Drunk drivers killed my friend on New Years

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
ResOGlas said:
It's funny, I never drink on New Years because I know I'll end up driving home. Fucking pisses me off that others can't have the same restraint. Either drink and get a ride, or stay sober and be the driver. Pretty damn simple if you ask me. My Deepest apologies, Mike.

I have never driven drunk either. I always give my keys to a friend who I know will stay sober just in case I ever try to drive while under the influence. Sometimes you can get drunk enough to where you actually think you can drive; this has only happened to me once but I had already given my keys to my friend beforehand. Most of the time I am smart enough to not even have the thought of driving cross my mind. It is always good to not have your keys in hand if you plan on drinking. DUI's are serious stuff and this is even more clear to me now after this New Years.

Last edited:

Incognito

n00b
My thoughts are with you. I'll never understand why people think they can drink and then drive. I've had to stop many friends from getting in the car after they'd been drinking. It's just not worth it to take the chance of hurting yourself or even worse, hurting/killing someone else.

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. He very likely died instantly, and did not feel much pain. I hate to think about specifics though.

Its been a common thing for me to say to those close to me, as I say bye around this time of year: "Watch out for assholes."

One couldn't imagine what the driver is thinking now either. Some people have an "i don't care" attitude, others may not understand the situation they are in, and others are and will be a nervous wreck for a long time until their sentencing.

When sentencing comes, once again they will feel this new order of fear of being put away in jail for a long time.

Its all such a waste. Worst of all, the loss of your friend's life, and how that affects everyone around him who love him. Then it affects the guy who took his life, and everyone around him.

Reprocussions of an event like this last a long, long time for the killer. I'm not having sympathy for the devil here, but think about this... this asshole is in for some challenging times ahead too.

God rest your friend's soul man. Some say God has a plan... but damn its all still such a waste.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
It's a really sad way to start off the new year for everyone who knew him. My condolences go out to his family.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
*sigh* It's sad when people lose a love one to stupidity, it really is. Stupidity is one thing I cannot and will not tolerate. People know these things but they choose not to follow them because it isn't cool to show one sense of morality or common sense. I know how it feels losing a friend to stupidity or ignorance; I lost my best friend to a hate crime four months ago. Best of luck to you.

Maury V.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I've never had any sympathy for drunk drivers personally, and think that they should be held completely responsible for their actions. If I were the judge, I'd charge the bastards with murder.

Sorry for your loss - what an awful thing to have to face over the holidays. :oh_no:

Haohmaru69

Banned
HAHA@this whole topic

dwunk dwivews killed me best fwiend so i'll cwy about it
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Dancing Mad

Another Striker
Reading and seeing stuff like this makes me a better driver in the long run, I never drank a single drop of alcohol in my entire life, and I don't speed and tailgate people on purpose out of impatience, and I discourage drivers that try to do that shit to me. Every month outside my workplace, they make public barricaded displays of totaled cars.

Garlic Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Haohmaru69 said:
HAHA@this whole topic

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You are a total cunt, If I could I'd ban for this - really bad taste :shame:

Neo Maikeru I'm sorry to hear that man, new year + christmas always have lot's of drunks thinking they are fit to drive as perhaps 99.9% of the time they never drink and drive, your story and many others show this is far from the case.

Dancing Mad

Another Striker
I know what I'm about to say is off topic, but I seriously want to say how glad I am for how disappointing New Year's Eve at the sports bar I hang out at turned out.

I expected place to be packed before 11:30, so I just left. So I went to my friend's house and spent the last 30 minutes of 2004 watching anime and counting down the New Year. On the way home I passed by the place again and there were 10 Police Cars and heavy traffic.

I just heard on the news 20 minutes ago about what happened. An hour and a half after I left, two Marines (both my age) were shot to death.

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Haohmaru69 said:
HAHA@this whole topic

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Who the fuck do you think you are? This is a normal community of people that I know pretty well, and just because something isn't video game related doesn't mean that you can spam up the thread when it's a serious topic. I hope someone in your family gets hit by a drunk driver in your lifetime. Ban this ass.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Haohmaru69 said:
HAHA@this whole topic

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

EVERYONE, SEE THAT TRIANGLE BUTTON NEXT TO THE QUOTE BUTTON IN HIS POST? CLICK ON IT AND TELL THE MODS TO BAN HIM. ENOUGH PEOPLE DO IT AND HE'S OUT.

Haohmaru69

Banned
Stop, I wont make fun of people anymore. I just wanted for you guys to notice that Haohmaru of the wind, is back!

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Haohmaru69 said:
Stop, I wont make fun of people anymore. I just wanted for you guys to notice that Haohmaru of the wind, is back!

Too late, PICSA!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Haohmaru69 said:

There are better ways to get noticed than to make a crude comment about a bad situation. That wasn't cool at all :annoyed:

Garlic Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
EVERYONE, SEE THAT TRIANGLE BUTTON NEXT TO THE QUOTE BUTTON IN HIS POST? CLICK ON IT AND TELL THE MODS TO BAN HIM. ENOUGH PEOPLE DO IT AND HE'S OUT.

done, ban this tosser mods :help:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
*high fives*

Score one for the good guys. :cool:

I learned something new today...what that triangle in the corner was for.

People do some bad things here but what that guy did was cold :oh_no:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
so sorry to hear about your friend, Mike.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
No wonder my folks wanted me to stay in during NYE. My condolances to you and your friend's family. :(