All about shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG

sony fanboy
The Chief said:
I'm supprised to hear you say you're leaning more towards Ibara it being Raizingish and all. Is there something about Mushi you didn't care for? I've seen a few videos of Mushi and all I can say is wow! It looks amazing, graphics and gameplay. And that ultra mode, good load, that could keep me busy for the rest of my life. That and the cool butterfly chick with purple hari;)

Well,nothing is concrete about it being Raizing-ish at this point,aside from its looks..;)

I'm just glad CAVE went back to their warship and spacecraft roots....got kinda sick of seeing angsty teenager with ESP flying all over the damn place...

BIG-

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
Well,nothing is concrete about it being Raizing-ish at this point,aside from its looks..;)

I'm just glad CAVE went back to their warship and spacecraft roots....got kinda sick of seeing angsty teenager with ESP flying all over the damn place...

BIG-

For sure, I guess those mini bombs are what makes me think Raizing has something to do with it. I mean come on, that like a Raizing trademark, or at least it should be.

I guess Cave has been on a bit of an ESP trip for the last few years, oh well, still some great games.

BIG

sony fanboy
The Chief said:
I guess Cave has been on a bit of an ESP trip for the last few years, oh well, still some great games.

Yeah,definitely some good shmuping there.

Speaking of Mushihime-sama,where are the pics,Verbatum?

Don't mean to be a pest,but as GMW suggested,you should be able to snag the camera and take some pics for us this weekend!

BIG-

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I think Verbatum may be yanking your crank guys. :kekeke:

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Just got my Mahou Daisakusen PCB in, just in time for Christmas too ;) Can't wait to fire it up this evening.

I also wanted to wish all my fellow shumpers a Merry Christmas, the best to all of you.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Happy X-Mas guys, and about the pics:

I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do! :crying: :crying: :crying:

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Anyone else playing Chaos Field for the DC? It's pretty much just a boss battle stooter, but it's still pretty fun. It plays a lot like a Treasure game to me. It's a lot easier to chain the entire level than games like Dodonpachi and Ikaruga are.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Fran said:

YESS... thanks for sharing, man. Looks good so far, what do you think?

I'm such a rabid Raiden fanboy, don't expect too much objectivity here... :)

yeah...

I'm... uhm, surprised to say that I own a used PS2 now... went to buy some food for the weekend on friday and saw this beaten up thing in a pawn shop, just the console, no cords, games, controllers or anything, for 25 Euros.... simply couldn't resist.

My friend Stefan lent me his JPN Gradius V and R-Type Final for a few days... man, after spending 4 hours with R-Type, some of those lame reviews I've read back then make me laugh - It's such a damn great game, quite difficult, almost feels like a Pulstar-R-Type-Delta hybrid... I'm in love folks.

Now that have some extra cash left, I'm thinking of completing my crap-gen lineup with a Cube, but except for the chance to play RE4 the way it was intended, I'm still not too enthusiastic about the idea now that Unity has been cancelled... poor llamatastic Jeff.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Wow, Giga Wing Generations was a dissapointment! Not that it's a bad game, it's just not too great, and the graphics are really not any better than 2. I would say they are are below to on-par with GW 2 as far as the technical aspect goes. Artisticlly it has some nice stuff, but the art values are compromised by the low-polygon counts.

Lot's of sub-standard shooters comming out folks (Save for Trizeal, which is one of the lamest shooters I have every laid eyes upon). Hime-sama is the shooter of choice (Chaos Filed being pretty good too) for recent arcade games, and I'm looking forward to testing out Cave's new game.

By the way: If any of you take a trip to a Japanese arcade, don't ask for shooters. Ask for "Retro" instead. Few people actually call them shooters anymore. :spock:

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
"Retro" huh? Do the Japanese have any other 1337 sayings that I've been missing?

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Verbatum said:
Wow, Giga Wing Generations was a dissapointment! Not that it's a bad game, it's just not too great, and the graphics are really not any better than 2. I would say they are are below to on-par with GW 2 as far as the technical aspect goes. Artisticlly it has some nice stuff, but the art values are compromised by the low-polygon counts.

Damn I had been hoping it'd be anything but that since Giga Wing is one of my fav series, and why must the art values always be the first thing cut back on :blow_top: ?

Verbatum said:
By the way: If any of you take a trip to a Japanese arcade, don't ask for shooters. Ask for "Retro" instead. Few people actually call them shooters anymore. :spock:

Of all the things to call it I'd have never thought to call it that

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
Verbatum said:

Lot's of sub-standard shooters comming out folks (Save for Trizeal, which is one of the lamest shooters I have every laid eyes upon). Hime-sama is the shooter of choice (Chaos Filed being pretty good too) for recent arcade games, and I'm looking forward to testing out Cave's new game.

No offense,Verbatum,but what exactly are you basing your opinions upon? Hands-on play? Reviews? Word of mouth? What?

So far,your reviews of GWG,Mushihimesama, and Trizeal seems a bit "broad",since every bit of information provided,thus far, can easily be found in magazines and/or web. Would you mind going into details as of why they are so "disappointing" or "sub-standard" and even worse,"lame"?

As always,I am eagerly awaiting your reply.

BIG-

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
No offense,Verbatum,but what exactly are you basing your opinions upon? Hands-on play? Reviews? Word of mouth? What?

So far,your reviews of GWG,Mushihimesama, and Trizeal seems a bit "broad",since every bit of information provided,thus far, can easily be found in magazines and/or web. Would you mind going into details as of why they are so "disappointing" or "sub-standard" and even worse,"lame"?

As always,I am eagerly awaiting your reply.

BIG-

All are hands-on.

Hime Sama is fantastic because of it's attention to not only artisitc detail, but solid, accurate, balanced gameplay. It reminds me a bit of Guwange, in that the attention to the balance of gameply and visuals are near perfect, and you really connect with the on-screen character. This will be one to get my friend!

Trizeal is simply a poorly put together game with a complete lack of vision and inspiration. While nothing is wrong with a simple shooter, I still like my simplicity done to perfection with some effort of originality. Trizeal is about as generic as they come, and is an insult to the hardware it runs on. Seriously, the game screams "Amature" in every way. The control is OK, but needs to be tighter. The music, passable but at times truly horrid in compositional quality. The visuals lack any detail, and almost look like (Bad) early PS games.

Giga Wing: I really expected more. while the music is decent and the control tight, I was just hoping for one of those great "New Giga Wing" experiences again. I was also hoping for an upgrade to the graphics, but no such thing here. Not that the Graphics in G2 are bad, I was just hoping for more detail, better effects, and higher poly counts for the models. Still, it playes great, and is worth picking up when it comes to PS2. I was just hoping for more.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Oh, and one other thing:

I don't actually own Hime Sama, the Naomi or Taito -X, but a very generous friend of mine from Japan brought them along for a long test spin to my quite abode!

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Verbatum said:
Oh, and one other thing:

I don't actually own Hime Sama, the Naomi or Taito -X, but a very generous friend of mine from Japan brought them along for a long test spin to my quite abode!

Can you tell me what kind of media the Taito Type X uses?

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Verbatum said:
Here is a decent pic of the hardware

The games can be on a small PCB, but right now the games are in a plastic box that looks like a little hard-drive. Kind of cute actually. Oh, and the hardware is rather heavy too.

:lol:

I find it hard to believe that some Japanese guy flew 12000 miles around the world with that Type X thing under his arm just so you could test out the game. Without pictures your credibility is sitting at around zero. I find it too hard to believe sorry.

BIG

sony fanboy
Verbatum said:

The games can be on a small PCB, but right now the games are in a plastic box that looks like a little hard-drive. Kind of cute actually. Oh, and the hardware is rather heavy too.

Whoa...just whoa...

You must have some very good friends,Verbatum,that Type-X hardware is HUGE!

I'd be damn if I had to lug that thing around an Int'l airport.....that thing would set-off a few security red-flags,for sure.

BIG-

Last edited:

Robert

20 Year Member
Taito X=Disguised PC=weird.

Concerning the GW serie, GW2 was not an improvement over GW1 (except the whaouah Hi-res factor) so I don't expect the new GW to add something.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Verbatum said:

Thanks for the picture though I must admit I'm a bit dissapointed to see a computer. Oh well, there's always F3 and G-Net.

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
random set up pic :kekeke:

2-picture1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.