A new Pope has been elected!

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
Check out the news... new Pope, white smoke + bells indicating this.

I hope it's a black guy from Africa or something.

slerch666

updyke,
It hasn't been reported on the net yet:

Pope shit

Did you see this on the TV or something?

edit- never mind, found an ABC news feed with live news.

there were only 2 people really in the running as I understand it, neither of which was a black man.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It's not too late to elect Al Sharpton, is it?

www_republicansforsharpton_com_03.jpg

Since when is Al Sharpton a Republican, BTW?

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
They said he's from Chile, I forgot his name though.

edit- nevermind, the news channel I saw it on is retarded.

Last edited:

Sgnodfogabaffuh

Banned POS
i am the new pope.
if you doubt me im gonna fucking send you straight to hell via The Supercommunion Pope Power Bomb Attack.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Cardinal Ratzinger
Pope Benedict XVI

78 years old

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
jro said:
It's not too late to elect Al Sharpton, is it?

www_republicansforsharpton_com_03.jpg

Since when is Al Sharpton a Republican, BTW?

Ummm... NO, :kekeke:

I want people of real conviction, no frauds here, that won't submit to anything unorthodox.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7523254/?GT1=6428

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany, a hard-line guardian of conservative doctrine, was elected the new pope Tuesday evening in the first conclave of the new millennium. He chose the name Pope Benedict XVI and called himself “a simple, humble worker.”

Congratulations to those of you who were expecting a more "forward thinking" Pope to follow JPII.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Habemus Papam... and habemus thread that is going to turn into shit again :loco:

+1 before the flames :buttrock:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger... I can't believe it.

He's a die-hard orthodox catholic, that's why his nickname among Vatican insiders is "Cardinal Panzer"... heh... "Panzer", because he's German... some over here don't exactly like him, but that's another story.

He also was responsible for most of the last pope's theological background. Ratzinger/Benedict XVI is a very clever man, that's for sure, but his election is that of an interims pope it seems. I mean, the man is 78 years old, and even tho he's physically strong, he probably does not plan to start some sort of revolution or install a third concilium.

On the contrary, he will cement the status quo. Some of the ppl around him say that Ratzinger is going to follow the path of John Paul II as the late pope outlined in one of his encyclicas in early 2003 - funny thing is, it was Ratzinger who wrote most of the text, so he basically says he will follow his own rules. :)

FrostbayneAucti

Tung's Hair Stylist
Can we change "Fooling the pope" to "electing your bendict" now?

EDIT: You just know FTL is beating off right now :)

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Maybe it's time to elect a ng.com anti-pope to counter Rome's papal power.

I opt for myself. I will be a very nice pope, with only a few orthodox views on certain gaming topics, but completely without infallible doctrine or funny white clothing.

If I got elected, my name would be Kawasaki V2.

FrostbayneAucti

Tung's Hair Stylist
Takumaji said:
Maybe it's time to elect a ng.com anti-pope to counter Rome's papal power.

I opt for myself. I will be a very nice pope, with only a few orthodox views on certain gaming topics, but completely without infallible doctrine or funny white clothing.

If I got elected, my name would be Kawasaki V2.

Would you stop the persecution of those who say samurai shodown or showdown instead of spirits?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
FrostbayneAucti said:
Would you stop the persecution of those who say samurai shodown or showdown instead of spirits?

Well, for a start, I would change the usual punishment of getting burned at the stake for saying "shodown" instead of "spirits" to trout-slapping and forced playing of Bible Adventure.

Other than that, I'd open St. Neo's cathedral to tournament 2D fighting on wednesdays and fridays, the winner will get instant and life-long absolution of all sins (except for saying "shodown" instead of "spirits" of course).

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
why do they make an 80 year old man the pop? he'll be dead in 5-10 years. and all these old guys are fucking racist and aren't in with the times anyway. they should make a 25 year old pope. pope john paul sucked, and FTL can sit on that.

btw a german pope? ahahaha i can see the hitler jokes coming.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
DashK said:
why do they make an 80 year old man the pop? he'll be dead in 5-10 years. and all these old guys are fucking racist and aren't in with the times anyway. they should make a 25 year old pope. pope john paul sucked, and FTL can sit on that.

btw a german pope? ahahaha i can see the hitler jokes coming.

Thats the point dumbass. Being pope isnt supposed to be something you do for 20+ years like the last one did.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I don't understand why they elect people who are so old either. It's like "You'll be dead soon you can be the Pope."