China doing consolized MVS

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Apparently, someone in China figured it was time to get a piece of the consolized MVS action. I don't know whether or not this has been posted before, but it's the first time I see these.

neo01.jpg
neo02.jpg
neo3.jpg

They can be found at Time Harvest Store, along with some familiar looking supergun designs.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Apparently, someone in China figured it was time to get a piece of the consolized MVS action. I don't know whether or not this has been posted before, but it's the first time I see these.

They can be found at Time Harvest Store, along with some familiar looking supergun designs.

It looks like its done at home. I mean, thos plastic piecces look liket cuted instead of being done in a mould.
The bios solder work is nasty aswel.

Thats really curious BTW

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
I gotta say I've seen way shittier CMVS before. The Saturn controller and video out compatibility, including Saturn RGB, is pretty cool. Looks like a few people have scooped these already. I'd be curious to see a review. I like the look of the amber-colored model a little better than the frosted looking one. Why change the BIOS chip though?

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Definitely peaked my interest based on the price point alone. I would love to see an honest review.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
On a second note I’m gonna order one of these superguns and well it’s a component supergun for $120.

That's the supergun I have mentioned. I've seen that design before. They're ripping someone off, but I can't remember who. HAS superguns are capable of feeding kick harness signals to Saturn controllers via a adapter, but it's not theirs.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
That's the supergun I have mentioned. I've seen that design before. They're ripping someone off, but I can't remember who. HAS superguns are capable of feeding kick harness signals to Saturn controllers via a adapter, but it's not theirs.

Literally just got done with order. Not sure what power supply I’m gonna have to get for it as I’m not sure it comes with one but I’m interested to see how well it works. I ordered something similar for my tg16. It does component and rgb it also can take rgb and convert it to component and I was very pleased with it hopefully this unit is as impressive.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I don't know about the internals, but I like how it looks.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Literally just got done with order. Not sure what power supply I’m gonna have to get for it as I’m not sure it comes with one but I’m interested to see how well it works. I ordered something similar for my tg16. It does component and rgb it also can take rgb and convert it to component and I was very pleased with it hopefully this unit is as impressive.

Yeah, the supergun caught my attention as well, but I have a working one, even though it's pretty basic, so I don't really feel like spending $120 on this just to take it for a spin. I do like the Saturn ports, though. Kick harness support integration and USB controllers should be a standard in modern superguns. In a pinch, there are always XYZ -> USB converters.

Be sure to let us know how this thing works. A separate post with pictures or even a video would be perfect. I hope you'll be satisfied, and get your money's worth.

Last edited:

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, the supergun caught my attention as well, but I have a working one, even though it's pretty basic, so I don't really feel like spending $120 on this just to take it for a spin. I do like the Saturn ports, though. Kick harness support integration and USB controllers should be a standard in modern superguns. In a pinch, there are always XYZ -> USB converters.

Be sure to let us know how this thing works. A separate post with pictures or even a video would be perfect. I hope you'll be satisfied, and get your money's worth.

I literally have been looking for a few weeks. Talked to James on insta and he said he has to many projects and is doing CMVS stuff. Thought about a has from rgb but looks like he is sold out. I have a scart to hdmi coming in the mail as I wanted hdmi when I move to my larger tv to relax. So I was very happy that you posted the cmvs this morning and the sg caught my eye. I have to find a good set of after market pads and I have two sticks I can convert one is the woody anniversary SF stick and I have a hori ps3 stick. Very happy as my budget was like $300-500 now I have more money in my pocket for other fun stuff.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I literally have been looking for a few weeks. Talked to James on insta and he said he has to many projects and is doing CMVS stuff. Thought about a has from rgb but looks like he is sold out. I have a scart to hdmi coming in the mail as I wanted hdmi when I move to my larger tv to relax. So I was very happy that you posted the cmvs this morning and the sg caught my eye. I have to find a good set of after market pads and I have two sticks I can convert one is the woody anniversary SF stick and I have a hori ps3 stick. Very happy as my budget was like $300-500 now I have more money in my pocket for other fun stuff.

Just curious - why go with a CMVS instead of a supergun and 1-slot mobo?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Looks decent, they should have made it with a black case though.

Ir0n

n00b
I see weird stuff like this for neo geos on taobao all the time..
These were cheaper the last time I seen them, they must be selling. They also had just a kit that came with just the case and PCBs for 99USD or close to that... I haven't seen those in awhile.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i've seen this pop up on ebay. just thought it was just another consolized mvs. i always liked the saturn ports for the mvs consoles, although i would still use a stick.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm considering buying one, built better than my own 1C CMVS hah...

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Looks like a good entry level unit if you can't afford a better one, or can't find one. I'll be interested to see a review if anyone gets one.

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
I ordered one of these a couple days ago. I have 1 MVS cart I can play which is good. I'll review it and put it on my tiny youtube channel. :D

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
That’s exactly what I’m doing. Read my posts I bought the component supergun they offer

I know it's a bit off this particular topic but do let us know how that turns out. I've been looking to get a supergun for quite some time.