Dragon's Crown Pro Confirmed For US Release

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
sadly another game i will miss being an xbone owner.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Fantastic game, but not enough here to make me rebuy it. But if muramasa hit ps4 with bonus content, that's another story.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Fantastic game, but not enough here to make me rebuy it. But if muramasa hit ps4 with bonus content, that's another story.

I would shit my ass

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Funny, Vanillaware said they only published Muramasa on Wii because they thought it would have limited appeal and that they regretted not publishing it on PS360.

I tend not to rebuy games, so this wouldn't really interest me even if I had a PS4. I will pick up Odin Sphere when I get one though, since that one fixed the slowdown and whatnot.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Funny, Vanillaware said they only published Muramasa on Wii because they thought it would have limited appeal and that they regretted not publishing it on PS360.

I tend not to rebuy games, so this wouldn't really interest me even if I had a PS4. I will pick up Odin Sphere when I get one though, since that one fixed the slowdown and whatnot.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on PS4 is fantastic with the updates from the PS2 version. Gameplay is better, slowdown is minimalized, 16:9 support makes for a better play experience overall.
The game was refined really well.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
it's neat, and I'm sure it will look great, but have they stated what/if they're adding content-wise?

that's the stuff I want to know

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The trailer shows they're adding in a full orchestral arrangement of the OST and 4K support.

I've also heard that they are adding in 'dungeon master' voices to narrate many of the battles and the cutscene portions.

As for new stages and characters, I don't think they're adding anything in.

I'd imagine that the game will perform better on the PS4 as well, but I don't know that for a fact.

I am buying it again. It'll probably be priced reasonably well, and if we don't support releases like this, it reduces the chances of a sequel, which I really want. Their Odinsphere PS4 release was well worth the money and this will be as well. I'll even buy a LE/CE if they release it. Dragon's Crown deserves it.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
One of my favorites for the PS3 but i don't know if i buy again it for the PS4.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I was hoping for a Muramasa port, having completed Odin Sphere 100% on PS4 and enjoying it (never got the chance to play it on PS2). Didn't enjoy DC as much as I thought I would (mainly for having different gameplay expectations), but would give it another go with this port.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Oh man I'm in. Enjoyed the vita version when I had it as a download and look forward to the enhancements. Odinsphere was incredible and I expect the same treatment for this one

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The tits on those gals are fucking huge! alright I'm buying this.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I'm guessing the touch controls on the DS4 will be better than how it was implimented on the PS3. Either way, a stupid gimmick.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
The one game I miss most from the PS3. I really wish Atlus would throw that on PC or even the older title on Switch.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Switch would be good.
the game has its moments, but some parts were just awkward.

Last edited:
I don't want another "enhanced port" of things they already made. Vanillaware need to make a new IP, or at least give me a true sequel to Princess Crown, none of this "spiritual" shit. I know I'm in the minority, but maybe something with a sci-fi slant would be good.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Something new would be great, but I think Vanillaware has a similar model to SNK where they do a ton of ports to raise money for a new game which is professional enough to compete with much larger publishers. For the Dragon's Crown port, I like that they are doing the physical release.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I don't want another "enhanced port" of things they already made. Vanillaware need to make a new IP, or at least give me a true sequel to Princess Crown, none of this "spiritual" shit. I know I'm in the minority, but maybe something with a sci-fi slant would be good.
They are making a new ip with 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim.

I just see them using a enhance port of dragon crowns to keep fans happy.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
They are making a new ip with 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim.

I just see them using a enhance port of dragon crowns to keep fans happy.

Making Pro also helps get more financing for a sequel, which is probably the real reason they're doing this: gauging interest and generating capital.

Generally speaking, it's easier for companies to justify sequels if the earlier games in the series are profitable enough to allow for allocating a budget. If one IP is drawing from the gains of another IP to fund a sequel, it's less likely to happen.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
The original looked interesting but I didn't have a PS3. Do have a 4 so will have to give this a shot when it hits.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Launch edition includes steelbook and some trading cards. Dunno if there's a Collectors edition though that would be awesome. I loved Odin's sphere CE minus the 1 size fits no one shirt