NFL Thread - 2017/2018

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Went in the football subforum, but didn't see anything except soccer threads so I thought it would be good to start an NFL thread for discussing the upcoming season.

First, some guidelines for discussion:

(1) No Patriots fans allowed

Now that the rules are out of the way, based on the couple preseason games I've watched, I think Dallas cleans up the NFC even without Zeke for the first half of the season. Their O-line looks really damn good.

AFC's probably the Pats' again, but I guess Carr looked okay and having Marshawn Lynch might make them even moe dangerous. The upcoming move to Vegas might give them some extra motivation this year, too.

I predict my VIKES go 7-9.:oh_no:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Football is gay. The Patriots are a buncha queer fagits. Their fans are even gayer. That is all.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Football is gay. The Patriots are a buncha queer fagits. Their fans are even gayer. That is all.

Pro sports in general are gay, and bring out the worst in people. They're most popular when they offer fans a complete train wreck.

madman

Pro sports in general are gay, and bring out the worst in people.
The funniest things about sports:
- Grown men wearing shirts with other grown men's names on them
- People who listen to hours of sports talk a day and chime in about how they would've done the job better
- People who say "we" in reference to a team as if they're part of the team

Faggotry.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Pro sports in general are gay, and bring out the worst in people. They're most popular when they offer fans a complete train wreck.

Like Super Bowl 42.

The funniest things about sports:
- Grown men wearing shirts with other grown men's names on them
- People who listen to hours of sports talk a day and chime in about how they would've done the job better
- People who say "we" in reference to a team as if they're part of the team

Faggotry.

Savage.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Kaepernick wont have a job this season. The racist NFL owners have made sure of that. The cowardly coaches and players will tow the line as though the sword of damaclese hangs over their heads. And injustice will continue. Dude has been to the Super Bowl with San Fran. But Jay "I don't care about football" Cutler is somehow a better choice? Fuck off.

Hope my cowboys can do as good as, or better than last year. And zeke can get his shit together.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Kaepernick wont have a job this season. The racist NFL owners have made sure of that. The cowardly coaches and players will tow the line as though the sword of damaclese hangs over their heads. And injustice will continue. Dude has been to the Super Bowl with San Fran. But Jay "I don't care about football" Cutler is somehow a better choice? Fuck off.

Hope my cowboys can do as good as, or better than last year. And zeke can get his shit together.

Kap has had some trouble reading coverage and making good decisions as a passer, so I'm not totally surprised he hasn't been picked up yet especially once the whole protest thing is taken into consideration. And no one's going to pick him up unless they need someone to start because otherwise you've got this sideshow of a player who isn't even producing on the field.

That said, the Jags have a pretty shitty QB situation so I wouldn't be surprised if Kap lands there or with other "usual suspect" teams that perennially suck.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Kap has had some trouble reading coverage and making good decisions as a passer, so I'm not totally surprised he hasn't been picked up yet especially once the whole protest thing is taken into consideration. And no one's going to pick him up unless they need someone to start because otherwise you've got this sideshow of a player who isn't even producing on the field.

That said, the Jags have a pretty shitty QB situation so I wouldn't be surprised if Kap lands there or with other "usual suspect" teams that perennially suck.

That's it though. The protest thing shouldn't even be considered. He wasn't out dog fighting, raping teenage girls, or beating his wife. He was put breaking any laws. Nothing illegal immoral or just plain wrong happened. And yet that lumps him down in the dumps.

Let's be real issues with reading coverage and making the right decisions that was a Tony Romo problem. Yet that clown played for years. throwing passes to his imaginary friends. The whole system is a sham if you ask me.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Denver named Siemian its starter today. Not a great sign that Paxton Lynch can't beat him out.

Gonna finish last in the AFC West anyway why not tank and draft Josh Allen.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Denver named Siemian its starter today. Not a great sign that Paxton Lynch can't beat him out.

Gonna finish last in the AFC West anyway why not tank and draft Josh Allen.

It's not a bad idea. Your competition is a jets team already intent on tanking, and you know they will fuck it up.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Broncos won't be any worse than last year. Defense should be better against the run and the offensive line should be a lot better. Four new starters and a Pro Bowl center versus that travesty they fielded last year.

Siemian is nothing special but he's not going to kill us.

Henderson looks good at RB. Anderson is solid when healthy, we'll see next week if Charles has anything left in the tank.

My biggest concerns:
-no pass catching threat at tight end
-no depth behind Thomas and Sanders at WR
-Ware retired, Barrett and Ray starting the year hurt means pass rush won't be as deadly

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It's not a bad idea. Your competition is a jets team already intent on tanking, and you know they will fuck it up.

Yeah they're going to make it tough on anyone trying to snag that top pick. That roster looks worse than the ones Cleveland ran out the last couple years.

I can't think of many young QBs that couldn't win the job by their second year and still ultimately went on to be good players, other than Aaron Rogers. I'm guessing that Siemian plays about like he did last year (okay, but not particularly good), and will get hurt again, since he's so damn small. Lynch will suck balls again, then maybe even Chad Kelly will get a look, and at the end of the year Elway and the coaches will realize that none of the guys on the roster is the answer.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Siemian is 6'3" and 220 pounds. He's not as big as Lynch but it's not like he's Doug Flutie or Mike Vick back there.

He didn't get hurt because he was small last year, he got hurt because the offensive line got him hit too much. Manning and Osweiler BOTH got hurt the year before, and they're both bigger guys.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I saw Edelman tore his ACL and is out for the season...sorry Pats fans! And Bortles was named starter for Jacksonville, so sorry Jags fans but you probably already knew this year was going to suck.

madman

Siemian is 6'3" and 220 pounds. He's not as big as Lynch but it's not like he's Doug Flutie or Mike Vick back there.

He didn't get hurt because he was small last year, he got hurt because the offensive line got him hit too much. Manning and Osweiler BOTH got hurt the year before, and they're both bigger guys.

You know the height and weight of men off the top of your head?

Gay.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member

I don't know which NFL owners are or aren't racist; i'm sure there are some. I'm not saying his protests are going to HELP him, but they aren't hurting him the way some would like to think. The NFL as a whole has been very much of the mindset - if you can produce; we don't care what you've done. See: Leonard Little, Victor Riley, Lawrence Phillips, Adrian Peterson, and literally hundreds more.

The reality is he was horrible last year and not good in 2015 either. The new category GM's look at is Points Added to your team above the average. Kaepernick was 27th out of 30 qualifying QB's. He beat out: Blake Bortles, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Case Keenum. That's it. That's why he doesn't have a job.

Also, sort of important to note:
Spoiler:
He wasn't released. He OPTED OUT of his contract.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't know which NFL owners are or aren't racist; i'm sure there are some. I'm not saying his protests are going to HELP him, but they aren't hurting him the way some would like to think. The NFL as a whole has been very much of the mindset - if you can produce; we don't care what you've done. See: Leonard Little, Victor Riley, Lawrence Phillips, Adrian Peterson, and literally hundreds more.

The reality is he was horrible last year and not good in 2015 either. The new category GM's look at is Points Added to your team above the average. Kaepernick was 27th out of 30 qualifying QB's. He beat out: Blake Bortles, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Case Keenum. That's it. That's why he doesn't have a job.

Also, sort of important to note:
Spoiler:
He wasn't released. He OPTED OUT of his contract.

27th/30 starting qbs.

Can't get signed over the backups and third strigers.

Go home Mike. You're drunk.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
27th/30 starting qbs.

Can't get signed over the backups and third strigers.

Go home Mike. You're drunk.

Lots of players sat / kneeled last year and some have this year - they have jobs. Yes, he became the first face, but not the only.

He isn't asking for third string money. The Ravens wanted to sign him but only had 5.9 million of cap space - couldn't come to terms.

The Seahawks like him a lot and couldn't come to terms. ESPN's Mike Garafolo said he went in there asking in the 9-10 million/year range. That isn't backup money.

If he played last year like he did in 2014 he'd have a job at that price, or likely quite a bit more. The NFL is riddled with talented QB's who lit up the league for a season or half a season and then they were figured out and we're middling at best. He's a middling QB and if he took middling QB money like a Ryan Mallet / Matt Schaub type, again, he'd have a job.