PAL N64's Showing weird video atrifacts..?

darknezz19

n00b
Have now 2 PAL n64's that are both showing the same video problem. Not sure if it's supposed to be there or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ0v5U07od0

Above the stars there is a small band that flasher from side to side. It's kinda hard to see but it's not there on my ntsc consoles. Tried two PAL n64s now and they both exhibit this behavior. Tried USA power supply, and now PAL power supply with an inverter. ALso tried another game extreme G and it's showing wierdness as well not like the NTSC version.

Is this normal and just not many people notice it or whate could be the deal? I've been trying to figure this out for a couple monthes now. Thank you for your time.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If you PM our resident N64 Guru 'madman' he can help you out.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Uhhhhh, yer running a PAL system on an NTSC display and wondering why it's behaving funny?....

Are you aware PAL & NTSC are video standards, and not power standards? Because that "PAL power supply" comment makes me think you're under the impression that those are power standards.

Last edited:

darknezz19

n00b
Thanks lachlan, I'll hit him up.

Hi bubba966. My crt displays PAL except it's black and white. Also one of the PAL system has an Ultra HDMI installed and it shows the artifacts on that output as well which is an ntsc signal.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
How are you hooking up those N64's?

I ask because PAL N64 consoles need specifically wired AV cables so as to produce the correct image without any visual/color/brightness issues.