K' vs Kyo - Who is the real King of Fighters?

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Ash is still new... We will leave him out... but let's answer the question. Out of Kyo and K' - Who is strongest?

P.S. As a sidenote - Since K' also the Kusanagi flames, could he have defeated Orochi in kyo's place?

Things that make you go hmmmm....

Q

qube

Damn, long time no see homie :cool:

I was just wondering where you've been. As for the question, I'd have to go with Kyo. While K' is strong and a skilled fighter, he's still a clone. Kyo has what K' doesn't, a heart. That brings alot to the table.

Q-

Kusanagi2004

NEST Puppet
I can't justifiably say that K' is the King of Fighters. Throw out nostalgia altogether, and K' still doesn't make my pick for the King of Fighters. He is one of my favorite characters to use, his moves are awesome, and he has a cool persona, but he's just not the best of the best. In fact, while Kafuin_gaira's post said nothing about Kyo or K', he did mention Terry Bogard. I'd even go as far to say that Terry Bogard would be my pick for the ultimate King of Fighters. I am a huge Kyo fan as well, and I think some of my angst for Terry as a whole comes from the fact that so many people I know and have come in contact with, exclusively use him and use him well. Although Kyo was originally slated to somewhat be the new SNK frontman, and almost overshadow Terry with the new series, I still feel as if Terry shines through. I understand that this isn't exactly what you were asking for, but I'm also going to say Terry Bogard, but if it comes down to Kyo and K', I say Kyo.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Not to get off topic, but I thought K' was the original and Krizalid was revealed to be his clone (from the end of '99 and K' regaining lost memories in his ending from '00). And I know Nests cloned Kyo to make their strikeforce guys, but I didn't know that meant K' actually used Kusanagi flames. Is that what happened?

And from the 3 Sacred Treasures ending from '03, I'd say Kyo was being pushed back to the forefront of KOF. I definitely think he is the central character of KOF. Like Kafuin, I prefer Terry to both of them, though...

Q

qube

I prefer Terry as well, but I could have sworn that this thread was about K' and Kyo :rolleyes:

Q-

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
RisingKnuckle said:
I second that.

Me3, Kyo is and always will be inferior towards the Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting main characters :D

Geshwinne DI

Super Sidekicks 2
K' is a regulard fighter/kid who was taken by Nests and had his right hand fused with Kusanagi flames, he was the greatest of the Nests experiments at this time and they cloned K'....

By the by, K', IMO is a lot less boring, so I'm going to give it to him...

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
Kyo Kusanagi is by far the strongest and is part of the Kusanagi clan. He stands up right next to his father Saisyu Kusanagi. K' is a pretty strong fighter himself but still is no match for Kyo. Besides the point, Kyo's "Final Showdown" in 1998 was an awesome attack!!

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
ask any ajun and they'll tell you it's iori.
kyo gets played alot, but iori is undoubtably the more popular as well as played alot too.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
The BEAST3 said:
Kyo will kick anybody's ass!

One line of text followed by that humongous sig is sorta amusing. Are you going for the world record or something?

Geshwinne DI

Super Sidekicks 2
If I recall correctly, Goenitz did hand Kyo his own ass before the '96 tourney......sho he didn't whip Goenitz's ass....:cool: