Street Fighter X Tekken

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
New fighting game needs a new thread. Anyone going to be playing this one online?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'll probably sit this out, capcom is just releasing to many fighters now, and its getting to a point where I dont care enough to invest in all of them and end up mediocre because I'm iffy on committing.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'll probably be getting this, although I do agree with LWK. I don't plan on investing a bunch of time into it, but I'll give it a run for shits.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I'll probably sit this out, capcom is just releasing to many fighters now, and its getting to a point where I dont care enough to invest in all of them and end up mediocre because I'm iffy on committing.

this is a very good point, I think the game looks super fun but god damn, I've barely started in on UMVC3 and KOFXIII.... I can't keep up with all this shit.

I will probably buy it and play it as at least I know the online experience will be good and my friends will be playing it, but I do kinda wish it was KOF I will be playing......fucking netcode.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I skipped AE, UMvC3 and KoF XIII, but I'm looking forward to SFxT and plan on playing at release. Seems like it will be a good balance between SF4 and MvC3 style play. I wish KoF XIII had good netcode. I would have rather played that.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm going to sit this one out and wait for the reviews. I jumped into SCV way too fast and since I'm still playing Skyrim I've touched it maybe five or six times. Not feeling it with that. I did play the demo build they had for Cross at Fight Club in NYC and it seems up my ally. Nice n' fast like the Zero series. I'm not too keen on what I've been hearing with the roster. It sounds like more paid unlocking. If Karin is in it as a DLC, then I'll wait for her to be released then get it. I've wanted her in another game since Zero 3. I like Rekka type characters so I had a lot of fun using her.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm never touching another SC game, because EVERY release is the same dumb shit, pretty it up more, and its the same game underneath it. I mean god, Nightmare still plays like og SC.

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm also getting the 360 version. It's relesed the same day as Mass Effect 3, so I might wait a month.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'll be on PS3 ready to gigas breaker you fools with Hugo.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
yeah, at least 3S has held a audience of strong players. I love the idea of new fighters, but i'm losing interest in fighters entirely because there is to many. Its like 1995 in this bitch, but nothing is unique and new anymore. UMVC3 and KOF XIII are the best fighters of the last decade. I am really becoming disillusioned by how many games are out, and I suck at them all because I don't wanna invest the time in another fighting game. Fuck it. My most looked forward to game? resident evil 6. I'll be messing a bit with tekken, but its the same story. I won't care about it enough to become legit on any level.

I am having a ball playing games that aren't fighters. I just completed FFXIII-2 recently, and had a great time with that game. Now i'm working on star ocean IV, and soon to be dark souls.

Fighting games are great, but it sucks having to play a game eight hours a day to be any threat to someone who gets them. This shit is purely based on time investment.

Last edited:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
well I had some best buy credit anyway... fuck it I preordered....so I guess I will be there day one too.

if KOFXIII worked well online I wouldn't have bought this game AT ALL... but I can be confident this netcode will be at least entry level and I can be sure I will have friends playing it.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I don't have a 360, but I do have a PC and a PS3. I wonder which version will be better, specifically in terms of netcode...

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
is this even coming out on pc? street fighter IV took ages to finally make it onto pc. anyway if it did come out day one on PC, I imagine it would be the best of all versions under optimal conditions, but you never know if your opponent has a shitty computer and I imagine the overall skill level would be lower. 360 probably has the consistant experience and better player base.
PS3 is good if your like me and you just have alot of friends on ps3.... and you want all the bonus characters and shit.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Very good points, sir. I thought I read somewhere that it would be coming to PC, but I'm not sure I can wait that long anyway.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm on the fence about getting it. I don't have a PS3 and the 360 version isn't getting the bonus characters. (At least not at launch) They've also already discovered the intros of the 12 other characters on the disk, but the characters themselves aren't finished yet. Knowing Capcom's track record their going to either release the other 12 characters in one shot or trickle them out a few at a time.

But when I played the EARLY demo at the NYC Fight Club I REALLY liked it. It doesn't feel at all like Street Fighter IV and I really want to play as some of the Tekken characters in a 2D game. I'm really mixed on paying the 60 dollars or ponying up an extra 10 bucks for the limited edition with extra goodies, only to know that the 360 version isn't getting Bad Box Art Mega Man and Pac-Man (At launch) THEN I'm going to get charged for the extra 12 characters. So the game will end up costing me over 100 bucks if I want all the content. I don't know. Maybe if a lot of folks here are getting the 360 version then I'll consider it. I just feel like I got burned by Soul Calibur V. It's alright, but not 60 bucks alright.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Yeah man, I agree with you on the SCV thing - it doesn't feel like a complete came - WTF is with the no ending clips in arcade mode? The story is weak too. They could have also made the roster bigger - no reason to just drop characters arbitrarily, right? With SFXTekken there's probably going to be a 'super' version or something too later on that has everything, for all platforms, amirite?

Last edited:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
all the bonus characters on ps3 are kinda joke characters nobody will play seriously anyway.. I wouldn't feel too shitty if I was a 360 owner myself.

Capcom has gone on record saying there will be no super version released separately later, if there ever is a update it will be DLC . I have no issues with capcom updates myself... all my favorite capcom games are products of refinements from updates..... hell even my favorite SNK game (fatal fury special) is a product of a similar update.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Yeah, it just sucks that it just adds to the cost of the game. I might just wait for all of the DLC characters to become available then pick it up and hopefully the game will have dropped in price, or fuck em' and buy it used. I will hold out for real reviews from fans on the game, that will push me over. I know this is about X but with SCV I didn't see the need that they axed so many of the unique characters, not just fan favorites. Why did they feel the need to have not one but three Edge Master characters? They couldn't stick to the final boss from the story mode that they had to add two more? Plus they charge five bucks for that one new character, unless you got him from Best Buy, so even if he is fun to play with I'm not even going to bother. The story mode was ass. You'd think after Mortal Kombat 9, companies would put their A game into the one player mode, but it's just a glorified way to unlock titles and costumes and an offline practice mode.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Yeah $5 for Dampierre is ridiculous. Although as much as I bitch about DLC & updates, I buy into a lot of it becoming part of the problem. SSFIV AE was great imo - I downloaded it after buying SSFIV on PS3, after buying SFIV on PC.