Avoitus- Collection Thread

Avoitus

n00b
Hey Guys,

New member here, this is my current collection as it stands today. I have some more stuff hidden away but this is a good portion of my collection. It use to be much larger but I sold off a lot last year and now I'm trying to build it back up. I'm now focusing specifically on my Neo Geo collection but I also have a soft spot for my Sega Master System.

IMG_20130402_184209.jpgIMG_20130402_184343.jpgIMG_20130402_184320.jpgIMG_20130402_184316.jpgIMG_20130402_184310.jpgIMG_20130402_184305.jpgIMG_20130402_184233.jpgIMG_20130402_184228.jpgIMG_20130402_184221.jpgIMG_20130402_184349.jpg

dscheepy

n00b
nice collection. i started just like you with collecting nintendo/sega stuff before i got my mvs

Avoitus

n00b
I was trying to collect for everything but that became too difficult, so I started to just focus on my Master System, but now that I have my AES and CD back I'm focusing on them. They are just so much fun and a lot more interesting.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Nice haul you have there, it's good to just focus on one or two systems if you can. I try to stick to just SNES and NEO. I like the Master System gear you have. The MS was the first console I had as a child.

Also, welcome to the site!

Avoitus

n00b
Nice haul you have there, it's good to just focus on one or two systems if you can. I try to stick to just SNES and NEO. I like the Master System gear you have. The MS was the first console I had as a child.

Also, welcome to the site!

Thanks! I like the Master System since its easy to collect for, and fun to play but nothing compares to sticking a giant cartridge into the top of an AES.

TSOLfan

New Challenger
Thanks! I like the Master System since its easy to collect for, and fun to play but nothing compares to sticking a giant cartridge into the top of an AES.

Noticed you had a few Master System games missing inserts. I've scanned my entire US Master System collection (which is 2 games short of complete), so there's a good chance I have those inserts if you want them:

http://www.ratigators.com/

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Seeing those RF adapters/TV-game switches daisy chained up like that sure brings back memories. Nice collection!

Avoitus

n00b
Noticed you had a few Master System games missing inserts. I've scanned my entire US Master System collection (which is 2 games short of complete), so there's a good chance I have those inserts if you want them:

http://www.ratigators.com/

Awesome! Thanks for the info, I've been meaning to get the inserts for those games. Thanks for the help!

Avoitus

n00b
Seeing those RF adapters/TV-game switches daisy chained up like that sure brings back memories. Nice collection!

Thanks, it use to be a lot worse, but last week I redid all of the connections and was able to get rid of a few. Mr. Atari 5200 went into the closet.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
It's nice for someone to have a Master System collection, as I very rarely see someone collecting for that system.

Avoitus

n00b
It's nice for someone to have a Master System collection, as I very rarely see someone collecting for that system.

No one else I know collects for the SMS, so I decided to give it a try, and have been quite happy with it. We only had 114 releases in the U.S. but there were around 400 others released outside the U.S.. So its fun to collect those foreign games. Now that I have my AES and CD back, I'm focusing on them, although I will still pick up SMS games when I see them.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
btw I'm laughing at the security bit collection (red box), I have that and the open no case Raspberry PI. I use mine for XMBC lol.

Last edited:

Avoitus

n00b
btw I'm laughing at the security bit collection (red box), I have that and the open no case Raspberry PI. I use my for XMBC lol.

My friend and I are planning on turning the Raspberry Pi into a mini arcade machine. He still needs to actually make the cabinet itself, then he is passing it off to me to put the screen in and wire it up. We will see if it actually becomes reality since he likes to come up with all of this plans that we never follow through with. :lolz:

Lan Di

War Room Troll
Nice collection dude. Did you always have a Sega Master System and NES?

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Nice collection! need a crt though especially if you are using rf :)
<-- is also from tampa

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.

Yeah, it reminds me of how I used to set things up when I was younger. Nice collection. The space has a comfortable feel to it.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Welcome!

It's a nice setup.
I'd like to have some of the Master System titles in my collection too.
congrats.

Avoitus

n00b
Nice collection dude. Did you always have a Sega Master System and NES?

No, my NES collection is weird. I just buy one or two games here and there and over time its gotten pretty big. I have more thats not posted, I just didn't dig it out to show. The SMS I bought about 2 years ago and I just love it, so before the AES, I was just really focused on collecting for the SMS. Since I posted my collection I've added 12 new SMS games.