Vinsanity's collection

Vinsanity

n00b
Hi everyone,

Signed up a couple of years ago, and have been enjoying the site; mostly browsing collection pictures. I don't say much in real life, so the internet is no different. I've always been hesitant to post the random, "cool arcade, bro...", to buff up the post count. But I love me some arcade games, so it's time for me to start sharing too.

Anyway, I started going to the arcades in SoCal in the mid 80s, and throughout the 90s. My home arcade focuses on mostly all the games I loved during this era. In college, I majored in Street Fighter, but have an appreciation for Neo Geo. Only Neo Geo thing I've got is my Mini, so here it is in one little part of my arcade:

PkwmVZul.jpg

So far, it has Bust A Move 2 (for the wife), and a multicart. I only just started getting into shmups again, so things are getting more expensive now. Will post more of the arcade when it's ready. Thanks for looking.

Update 10/2017, post #21:

Last edited:

Vinsanity

n00b

Thanks man. It's a monster. It wasn't easy getting it into the basement. Once I got it down there, I realized that it was a smidge too tall to go in the space I wanted. So I took off the legs, and mounted the marquee and speakers on the wall. The marquee is an original plexi from the first mix; it's faded but I like the patina. Glass bezel is reverse printed. Will one day redo the stickers but it's fine for now. Plays most of the major release DDRs from the first mix up to Extreme on original hardware.

mirkvid

n00b
Dope Crazy Taxi. My son and I play that on DC regularly. The mini is really cool as well, I've only ever seen one in the wild one time.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Haha yea that ddr is seriously something. What are the other cabs in the back?

Vinsanity

n00b
Dope Crazy Taxi. My son and I play that on DC regularly. The mini is really cool as well, I've only ever seen one in the wild one time.
Crazy Taxi is pure 90s goodness. The cabinet was essentially free, as it was mostly gutted. I was new to arcade cabs when I got it, and it took me a couple of months off/on to figure out how to put it back together. I learned a few things from that experience.

I've seen a few minis in my day (maybe since I grew up in SoCal). The weirdest place I remember seeing one was in an IKEA. It was gutted, but it was definitely a mini.

Haha yea that ddr is seriously something. What are the other cabs in the back?
I have 20+ cabs in the basement that I have refurbished/restored. But the ones in the picture are Space Harrier, TMNT, and a Capcom Big Blue.

Vinsanity

n00b
Need mor pix
Will try to put more pics up before the new year.

Dat GA-KO Alarm Clock!!!
Such a cool Metal Gear clock, and it's very kid and wife friendly. Sometimes my 18 month old sees it, and says, "hi duck...". Love it--really are the little things in life that make it all worth it.

Very nice :buttrock:

Dat DDR indeed!
When my wife and I were dating, we went to arcades often; she loves them. So, when I was building my arcade, she asked for 5 of her favorite things: 1) DDR, 2) Crazy Taxi, 3) Bust A Move, 4) twin racers, and 5) Prop Cycle. Spoiler: I don't have a Prop Cycle... yet.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
When my wife and I were dating, we went to arcades often; she loves them. So, when I was building my arcade, she asked for 5 of her favorite things: 1) DDR, 2) Crazy Taxi, 3) Bust A Move, 4) twin racers, and 5) Prop Cycle. Spoiler: I don't have a Prop Cycle... yet.

Get you a girl that likes Daytona.

Vinsanity

n00b
Get you a girl that likes Daytona.
That was a prerequisite prior to marriage. And knowing how to drift was a plus. My plan was for a pair of SEGA racers: Daytona 1/2, Scud Race, or Outrun. But after Crazy Taxi, I realized that kids love racing games, but pushing the pedals for them the whole night wasn’t a good time. So I got a pair of Rush 2049s; excellent game too, has a save feature, and I don’t need to push pedals all night (the game auto accelerates after 5 seconds).

Vinsanity

n00b
Craaazy Taxi nice set up. Wish I had the room. nice.

Thank you, it definitely takes up room. It took 3 grown men to carry it down to the basement, and that’s after taking it apart. Then it had to be pieced back together. Probably took the most effort out of all my cabinets.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Thank you, it definitely takes up room. It took 3 grown men to carry it down to the basement, and that’s after taking it apart. Then it had to be pieced back together. Probably took the most effort out of all my cabinets.

You should have made children do it - much cheaper labor.

Vinsanity

n00b
Here's a very quick walkthrough of my basement arcade during a recent party. Video is dark, loud, and full of glare just like a real arcade. A lot of the games have a JAMMA switch for multiple games. Blink and you'll miss the details.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Awesome arcade man, I hope mine looks close to yours in the future! Although I don't think I quite have the square footage!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
That's a dream basement right there! Very nice setup. How many cabs you have total?

Vinsanity

n00b
Awesome arcade man, I hope mine looks close to yours in the future! Although I don't think I quite have the square footage!
Thank you. I've realized that no matter how much room you actually have, it'll never be enough.

That's a dream basement right there! Very nice setup. How many cabs you have total?
Thanks man. To say the least, your garage isn't so bad either (it's amazing). I remember seeing your set up on SRK back in the day, and telling myself, "wow... maybe one day...". I think I have ~24 cabinets.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
How in God's name did you get that DDR into your house man? Must've been a labor of love and lots of help along the way too.