The remainings of my SNK collection

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hi All,
I'm new on the forum and this is my first message.

I'm very proud to present my impressive SNK collection. NOT!
Unfortunately movers have lost 3 big boxes full of games and consoles (mainly SNK/Sega/Nintendo/Atari/NEC) so my SNK collection is amputated by ~80% (yes sad, isn't it).
Only one MVS game managed to find its way to my new place.

2015 has been a tough year for me and my family so far so I tend to be more philosophical. After all they were only games. Life goes on!

DSCN4214.JPGDSCN4215.JPGDSCN4216.JPGDSCN4217.JPG

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I feel like you need a $1000 splurge to claim your manhood back. :P This is the primary reason why I personally transport my gaming gear. Fuck letting anyone else manhandle my shit.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I feel like you need a $1000 splurge to claim your manhood back. :P This is the primary reason why I personally transport my gaming gear. Fuck letting anyone else manhandle my shit.
$1000? Probably more like $5000...
I moved 20.000km away from my home country. It wasn't as simple as hiring a van and asking friends for help.
Wisely I took an insurance but I would probably get only $500 back (because the 3 missing boxes represent only 5% of the total).

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
insurance

%?

you can't document contents like? I mean its not like they won't have the oppurtunity to check which ones the feel like 'losing'.

Lame:confused:

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
%?

you can't document contents like? I mean its not like they won't have the oppurtunity to check which ones the feel like 'losing'.

Lame:confused:
It was just a simple way of explaining things.
I've declared 60 consoles and 1000 games.
Insurance was 3.15% of the total declared value so I estimated an average $50 for each console and $10 per game (note that it was for my full video game collection, Neo Geo games are by far the most expensive but I didn't enter in details when I filled the content list).
Basically I will get $50 cover for my boxed AES (japanese, low serial)...
As I said, they are many more important things in life. And perhaps with the help of this forum I could rebuild my collection.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Sad story. Would be disappointed if it happened to me. Stay away from the marketplace. Welcome to the forum. Post wife pics pls.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
$1000? Probably more like $5000...
I moved 20.000km away from my home country. It wasn't as simple as hiring a van and asking friends for help.
Wisely I took an insurance but I would probably get only $500 back (because the 3 missing boxes represent only 5% of the total).

In your case my idea wouldnt be possible but you could just hire a boat out. Sail the oceans with your protected cargo. Personally deliver them with great courage and sense of purpose as you walk in to your new home with a dashing gait. Nevermind the hardships nor the patience, you sailed those seas and you won!

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Sad story indeed...i would be very angry and not philisofical at all!!!
Did you have aes carts as well?

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Post wife pics pls.
Is it an Inside joke on the forum? Not sure she woud appreciate. I don't want to test her patience. Living with a retrogamer is hard enough.

In your case my idea wouldnt be possible but you could just hire a boat out. Sail the oceans with your protected cargo. Personally deliver them with great courage and sense of purpose as you walk in to your new home with a dashing gait. Nevermind the hardships nor the patience, you sailed those seas and you won!
My mistake. I should have taken a 3 months leave (boats are slow you know).

Sad story indeed...i would be very angry and not philisofical at all!!!
Did you have aes carts as well?
When important persons in your family or within your friends pass away you realise what is really important in life.
I'm not in a mood to fight by these days...

Yes of course I did have AES carts. In fact all my SNK games are missing (AES/MVS/NGP) except 1 game.
As my AES console is missing too, and because of today's prices of AES carts, I think I will restart a MVS collection.
I will start slowly with cheap games (soccer, early KOF games).

[EDIT]
I realised I couln't create a new topic in the wanted section.
What are the conditions to be able to post a new thread?

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Is it an Inside joke on the forum? Not sure she woud appreciate. I don't want to test her patience. Living with a retrogamer is hard enough

Kind of an inside joke. But they would be appreciated, anyway :)

[EDIT]
I realised I couln't create a new topic in the wanted section.
What are the conditions to be able to post a new thread?

When mods decide it, you'll get that priviledge. Anyway, just listen to advice given before and keep out of teh marketplace.

Regards.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Raise hell, contact the higher ups. Seriously. Don't be passive aggressive, get atop that shit to the full extent you can legally do so. That is a major claim. Games are a fortune now. COMPLAIN. If it was me, I'd be threatening legal action if my shit went missing. It was probably stolen. Check ebay soon for stuff that you might identify.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Kind of an inside joke. But they would be appreciated, anyway :)

What he's trying to say is this is a rite of passage and you must deliver your season pass.

But seriously, I agree with LWK here. I'd lose it completely over that much missing gear. If anything you'll ruin their day but you might actually get some compensation for it. You trust in a service to deliver, when they don't you slam them for it because you damn well paid for it!

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Thanks for your support guys.
Legal action could be quite complicated because the moving company is from a different country from my home country and my new country.
Anyway the more I read your messages the more the rage comes back in me. As LWK said my games were probably stolen (I can imagine the plan of a malicious guy in the delivery chain discovering boxes full of Neo Geo games). I don't have much hope having my games back but I will check ebay and other sites. I will try to post a description of my games here (I might have the serial of my MVS games and my AES console somewhere).
And as the content list wasn't very explicit I think I will declare the 60 consoles were in the 3 missing boxes ($50 cover for each that's $3000 at the end) plus ~100 games (another $1000 cover). Of course that's a lot of money but not enough to buy all my AES games nowadays.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Did they encounter a Kraken that ripped a chunk out of the cargo hold. Yea fuck that shit, no way they lost it. Vintage games are like gold now, someone swiped you stuff. What country was the shipping company from?

As a n00b flocking straight to the marketplace could land you in trouble. This is a forum first, marketplace is just an added bonus.

As for the wife pics, email me a link to the pic I can use photoshop to blur her face for you before posting it.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Did they encounter a Kraken that ripped a chunk out of the cargo hold. Yea fuck that shit, no way they lost it. Vintage games are like gold now, someone swiped you stuff. What country was the shipping company from?
UK. Bloody English! :very_ang:
The Kraken must have been a foodie. It didn't even have a bite of my Nomad/CDX/Virtual Boy.

As a n00b flocking straight to the marketplace could land you in trouble. This is a forum first, marketplace is just an added bonus.
No issue. I'm not in a hurry. First aim is to get some money back from the moving company. 2nd step will be spending that money. :)

As for the wife pics, email me a link to the pic I can use photoshop to blur her face for you before posting it.
My computer skills should allow me to do it all by myself. Where's the thread (and can you send me the link to your wife's pics)?

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Well, preferably this thread HERE.

Otherwise, posting it in this thread will work fine.

Here is a pic of my now ex wife.

IMG00270-20101004-2128.jpg

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I've got some news: I will have cover for the lost boxes, it was long and painful but they agreed for $4000.
Only issue is I will probably not see the money until early next year...

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Hopefully you get this resolved, and get some of your collection back. I had someone steal a bunch of stuff from me before. It was a close friend (no longer). Sadly most of the games were sold off to who knows where. My insurance covered a small portion though luckily.

Best of luck to you man!

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hopefully you get this resolved, and get some of your collection back. I had someone steal a bunch of stuff from me before. It was a close friend (no longer). Sadly most of the games were sold off to who knows where. My insurance covered a small portion though luckily.

Best of luck to you man!
Thanks!
It took me hours of "haggling" over the phone with UK... But at the end it worked. I've sent all the paperwork and am now waiting for them to pay but It could take a while (for some reason).

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
ENOUGH OF THIS SORRY ASS HALF COLLECTION. POST PICS OF YOUR WIFE OR I WILL BAN YOU!!!!

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
ENOUGH OF THIS SORRY ASS HALF COLLECTION. POST PICS OF YOUR WIFE OR I WILL BAN YOU!!!!
I had enough fun in the war room (it was exactly as expected but some people here take things really too seriously).
Then, ban me! Oh, wait... Think you must be a mod :lol:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You have 24 hours to comply. Don't test me.