Neo Geo CD Conversion Project.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Can any body vouce for this guy??

I would like to try a few of his other converts... and i have paypal to boot.

Just dont want to donate and get nothing in return

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Well, I can see the others on the list (Gururin, Puzzle de Pon, Andros Dunos) since no CD version was made, but his only downloadable is Joy Joy Kid which already exists in CD format. Seems like bullshit to me.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
A cdoty also registered on the neogeocd.net forums.

Are you Charles Doty, the game programmer?

cdoty

n00b
Yes. I am also registered on the Neo Geo CD forum.

Have a look at the JoyJoyKid.zip file, burn it to CD and try it in a Neo Geo CD player.

Then have a look at the differences.

First of all the Joy Joy Kid CD I have has 41 audio track, the one on the site requires one.

The PCM files are different size, and there are a small number of differences in the PRG files.

You may also have seen some of the previous work I've done on the Neo Geo CD.
http://arcadedev.emuvibes.com/
In addition to a bootable Neo Geo CD demo (http://arcadedev.emuvibes.com/files/ngcddemo.zip )

Last edited:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
is it possible to bring MSX, Garou MOTW, KOF02, Kizuna encounter & ms3 to cd. or isnt a conversion possible?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
is it possible to bring MSX, Garou MOTW, KOF02, Kizuna encounter & ms3 to cd. or isnt a conversion possible?

Compared to the games he's done these are huge meg counts and would likely require an extensive amount of work. I've seen requests for Ghostlop being converted to CD format would be interesting to see if that could be done.

Interesting work by the way would sure make the CD a more enviable format.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
Well, I can see the others on the list (Gururin, Puzzle de Pon, Andros Dunos) since no CD version was made, but his only downloadable is Joy Joy Kid which already exists in CD format. Seems like bullshit to me.

he probably made that one free, because it IS already released on CD, i think if he spent the time to convert them a little donation is worth getting the other files. pretty cool if you could convert every mvs game to play on the CD system.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
this is seriously cool

great work

I'm trying to think of other suitable titles.. hmm

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
maybe SSVS will see CD release now like that one nut wanted

hahaha

loading.... fetch a drink, make something to eat, go out for a bit, come back, still loading.... take a shit, come back, nope, not yet... etc

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Is this is real then great stuff, theres some real kol stuff that is CD worthy like MD3, Money Idol, Blazing Star etc.

Some blatantly cant be done, any are welcome tho really tbh.

this is great, good luck on your next projects.

I hope you have plans to do the opposite, fully working versions of the NGCD exclusive games to the ROM format.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Igniz v2 said:
maybe SSVS will see CD release now like that one nut wanted

hahaha

loading.... fetch a drink, make something to eat, go out for a bit, come back, still loading.... take a shit, come back, nope, not yet... etc

If they can be made to work with the DC NGCD emu...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This looks like a scam, be careful.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
This is tits.
fucking tits I tell you.

Top priority makes that need to be ported are:

Spinmasters
Ghostlop
NITD
Money Puzzle Exchanger

Others would be:

either of the puzzle de pon games
Captain Tomoday
Ganryu
The Irritating Maze
King of the monsters
Super Dodgeball
Zupapa!

and if it is even possible (since they are higher meg games):

Kizuna Encounter
Prehistoric Isle 2
Sengoku 3
Strikers 1945
Shock Troopers

I can only dream.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
This is tits.
fucking tits I tell you.

Spinmasters
Ghostlop
NITD
Money Puzzle Exchanger

This rules. About time the Neo CD gets the love it deserves. Good choices there Orpheus, but I'd take MD3 over MPE.

johnno15

Super Spy Agent
This is fucking amazing and i really hope he considers to do some of the games that orpheus suggested :buttrock:

dreaggan

Cro ords, ,
ORPHEUS said:
This is tits.
fucking tits I tell you.

Spinmasters
Ghostlop
NITD
Money Puzzle Exchanger

Others would be:

either of the puzzle de pon games
Captain Tomoday
Ganryu
The Irritating Maze
King of the monsters
Super Dodgeball
Zupapa!

and if it is even possible (since they are higher meg games):

Kizuna Encounter
Prehistoric Isle 2
Sengoku 3
Strikers 1945
Shock Troopers

I can only dream.

And don't forget "8 man" !

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
twalden said:
This rules. About time the Neo CD gets the love it deserves. Good choices there Orpheus, but I'd take MD3 over MPE.

Yeah, the only reason I put MPE as top priority was of because the aclaim that it has with neo fans and the fact that we already have MD2 oficially released on CD (with an amazing AST).

KaNyErO

n00b
guys.......

Why pay for such a kind of stuff when those conversions were made and released a long time ago? Anyway this guy put a lot of effort in this and deserves it, you should decide that.

here is a list of conversions i did with some friends:

http://www.galeon.com/kanyero/list.htm

you can grab the dat from here:

http://www.eggmansworld.com/console.htm

All this conversions were released .iso format for all of you to enjoy with neogeo emulators like nebula or other using daemon tools. You can burn them directly too.

There is an explanation because there are sound or graphic issues in the first link (memory reasons).

For all of you requesting conversions think that all possible conversions with minimal glitches were done a long time ago,i didnt do those that were in cd format because they are not needed. I dont have enought knowledge to do conversions bigger than the memory ngcd has because here more that just a irq swiching is involved.

if you are wondering where my conversion are, all of them were relased for free in some unitedusers irc channels.

***Edit: now im uploading all of them to a host*** :glee:

Last edited:

KaNyErO

n00b
it seems my post have been very effective, i´ve been offered the isos to be hosted. i will post here some links ASAP :)

Last edited:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
If I could get MOTW and Metal Slug 3 I would be happy with only owning a CD system. :drool:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
KaNyErO said:
guys.......

Why pay for such a kind of stuff when those conversions were made and released a long time ago? Anyway this guy put a lot of effort in this and deserves it, you should decide that.

here is a list of conversions i did with some friends:

http://www.galeon.com/kanyero/list.htm

you can grab the dat from here:

http://www.eggmansworld.com/console.htm

All this conversions were released .iso format for all of you to enjoy with neogeo emulators like nebula or other using daemon tools. You can burn them directly too.

There is an explanation because there are sound or graphic issues in the first link (memory reasons).

For all of you requesting conversions think that all possible conversions with minimal glitches were done a long time ago,i didnt do those that were in cd format because they are not needed. I dont have enought knowledge to do conversions bigger than the memory ngcd has because here more that just a irq swiching is involved.

if you are wondering where my conversion are, all of them were relased for free in some unitedusers irc channels.

***Edit: now im uploading all of them to a host*** :glee:

Are you still working on that King of the Monsters?