Windjammers announced for PS4

mistahsnart

New Challenger
this is so random

Maybe not. I think a big Let's Player or something must've done a Windjammers playthrough in the last few years. I've had multiple friends with zero retro game interest say 'hey: you know Neo Geo stuff. What's up with this Windjammers game?'. I dunno. That's just my theory. Seems to happen whenever some D-list YT celeb dusts off an old game.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
MVS cart prices are going to go even higher. :oh_no:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Here its being ported by DotEmu. I have heard some bad things about some of their steam releases. But yea i'm excited, and my local FGC want to add this as one of the games we play during our ranbat season

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
really iffy about the whole DotEmu deal but at least it'll make it easier to play with people outside of FightCade

Ray

New Challenger
I really, really hope they don't mess this one up but DotEmu doesn't exactly have a very good track record.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Maybe not. I think a big Let's Player or something must've done a Windjammers playthrough in the last few years. I've had multiple friends with zero retro game interest say 'hey: you know Neo Geo stuff. What's up with this Windjammers game?'. I dunno. That's just my theory. Seems to happen whenever some D-list YT celeb dusts off an old game.

You can thank Giant Bomb for that. They went all-in on the game, streaming it & talking about it on their podcast a couple years back. Interest in the game spiked practically overnight. It's understandable, I suppose, the game is tons of fun & can be highly competitive.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
i'd love for this to be great in spite of dotemu but i have no expectations

Here its being ported by DotEmu. I have heard some bad things about some of their steam releases. But yea i'm excited, and my local FGC want to add this as one of the games we play during our ranbat season

Calling what DotEmu does a "port" is very generous. They just take the rom and put it through their shitty emulation software. Absolutely gutted that they continue getting work shitting out some of my favorite Neo Geo games onto modern platforms.

Last edited:

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member

Apparently Windjammers is HUGE in France. One of the number one NEO GEO games there. Was in tonnes of cabinets, in the same way that we got tonnes of Bust-A-Moves in North America.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
9puL9cV.png

0xmUWOt.png

There is a free theme available if you complete the "quest". You have to be logged into your PSN account.

http://live.playstation.com/

Look at the quest tab at the bottom of the list.

5Qzo3jY.png

Last edited:

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
Bout time, I see many a nights playing online, hopefully
It's playable though ��

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Anyone know if they plan to launch the game on Xbox One someday?

Enviado desde mi Amiga 500

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
Yea, thanks for posting the link, I registered as well :)

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Beta codes are going out, check your accounts.

The beta lasts from June 8 to June 12.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member

Just downloaded it and gave it a couple plays. There were a few laggy glitches during both of my matches...gonna play it some more tonight and see if it's still doing it.

Last edited: