MVS Kit Price Guide is UP!

TonK

Least Valuable Player
All of the prices are from various sources as listed in the guide.

Some may be off a bit, some are missing, I don't have enough data for the games left blank.

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated!

LMK what you think!

http://www.neo-geo.com/mvs/mvs-kit.html

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
it's really hard to get accurate prices for whole kits

anyone think Slug 1 is too high?

TonK

Least Valuable Player

Remember, these are Near Mint and up prices.

I'll but a near mint one for $150 any day.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant

No, top end looks good for a pure mint kit & what I was expecting
it to be...

I got bollocked on my last MS1 kit sale @ + $190 for being too low
but gut feeling held sway @ $230 (NM)

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Given MS1 was 3 ago & ebay

More recent here was..

Blazing quote $350+
Pulstar quote $600

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Awesome, this is good to see. There are a couple kits I always considered selling to fund other game purchases and this definately makes me feel more confident on listing prices.

:buttrock:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Remember, these are Near Mint and up prices.

I'll but a near mint one for $150 any day.

yeah, I read that RIGHT AFTER i posted. too lazy to edit. sounds good to me.

Great work Thanks Mate!

I`ll just think You can give the US Blazing Star Kit a + as well.

Few Weeks ago one sold on Ebay.de in very good close to Mint Condition
for 198 € Wich are currently a bit over 280 US$ And that in summer holiday times!

Did a Last Blade 2 Kit ever sold for more than 1k?
Thats crazy for an MVS Game? I would be happy to have a loose Cart with intact
US Lable

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Great work Thanks Mate!

I`ll just think You can give the US Blazing Star Kit a + as well.

Few Weeks ago one sold on Ebay.de in very good close to Mint Condition
for 198 € Wich are currently a bit over 280 US$ And that in summer holiday times!

Then they paid too much. We won't adjust the guide because of 1 "auction". People tend to spend more when it's an auction. I once saw an Art of Fighting kit go for $150 because 2 people were going back and forth bidding. The dumb part about it was there was another auction with a AOF full kit with a buy it now of $40 and it was in near mint condition.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Is there such a thing as a KOF 2k1 "Korean" kit?
I have a brand-new white cart (mint) that came with plain box (no label on box) and full Korean artset just as mint. Very strange. The cart has a sticker with korean text as well. The cart is legit as it has been checked out.

I'd just never heard of a kit being sold with a specific artset language outside the US.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Is there such a thing as a KOF 2k1 "Korean" kit?
I have a brand-new white cart (mint) that came with plain box (no label on box) and full Korean artset just as mint. Very strange. The cart has a sticker with korean text as well. The cart is legit as it has been checked out.

I'd just never heard of a kit being sold with a specific artset language outside the US.

Theres a KOF98 Korean Red Cart Kit...

I'm told its super rare.

I think Reso would be the guy to ask about Korean stuff.

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
Thanks for putting this together TonK, with all the kits moving around nowadays, this is a nice reference point to make sure that prices are in the right ballpark.

pda

n00b
Great guide,Tonk.

I remember SNKJorge selling US complete Last Blade 2 & Breakers Revenge for 600/700$ each three or four years go over here.They were sold in a sec.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
SNKJorge always had great deals. Where the fuck did he go?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Are you going to keep "Availability in Japanese market" as part of the key? That was really just my invention to get around the fact that I know the two markets better than I can tell you what the label makes it worth.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
As with all price guides, this won't be perfect. I do have a few particular quibbles in particular. In my opinion the kit market as a whole is down somewhat, given the general economic times as a whole there aren't as many buyers out there for high dollar kits, thus lower prices.

More specifically, I do feel the price on a Metal Slug kit is too high. I got a steal of a deal at 75 bucks for a NOS kit, so as mint as mint gets on eBay. Then when I wanted to sell it, I couldn't get more than 110 for it. I'd say 175 on the high side is more reasonable, 100 on the low side.

I have never heard of Last Blade 2 selling for numbers like that. I sold mine to Rot for 400 bucks. I bought it for 300-350 if I remember right. Maybe you have more info than I've seen but that game rarely changes hands.

Breaker's Revenge is extremely high as well. It is an extremely rare kit but the last one that was sold in the forums was listed at less than or around 300. Sure it sold in an instant but that doesn't justify 700+.

NAM-1975 is a kit that should be listed as R just like anything else from 1990-1991 or so. Those kits are old at a time when the MVS system was truly an operator only system, few are around. The prices are ok, I bought a Nam for around 100, but I sold it for around the same, there isn't much demand out there for it compared to the flashier 1996-1999 games.

Garou is too high, 300 tops. There are just a ton that are difficult to get but not commanding the kind of prices you have set them at. Sure offering 2k for a Last Blade 2 might get you one, but if it comes up for sale on the forum or in an auction, I doubt it is going to see more than 600.

Like I said though, if you have more specific info, let's hear it.

pda

n00b
I join Lithy for Nam75 (among other comments):i've been collecting kits for a while now,and this one definetly doesn't pop up often.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
just pm'd Tonk my opinion, but my edits would be:

Last Resort ENG $250-300 [pretty rare.]

Nam 1975 ENG $150-200 [certainly not common in my opinion, have not seen a kit in a LONG time.]

Blazing Star ENG $300

anyway, I think he did a pretty spot on job, thanks for going through the trouble.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
just pm'd Tonk my opinion, but my edits would be:

Last Resort ENG $250-300 [pretty rare.]

Nam 1975 ENG $150-200 [certainly not common in my opinion, have not seen a kit in a LONG time.]

Blazing Star ENG $300

anyway, I think he did a pretty spot on job, thanks for going through the trouble.

Finished the guide and factored in some prices I saw fit.

Thanks guys!