Forget S-Video... Component Video, anyone?

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
Well, I had a hunch, and I was correct. You can *directly* connect the Audio Authority 9A60 VGA-to-Component box to the MVS, and it outputs the correct signal to the tv. How is it done you say? Look below.

The DB15 Vga pinout puts Red at pin 1, Green at pin 2, and Blue at pin 3. However, it uses both a horizontal AND vertical sync signal via pins 13 and 14. So, take connect the MVS' composite sync output to both pins, and connect your cables to the TV. I swear to you it's that simple.

I had the idea when I saw the bottom of the install guide sheet where it specified that "The 9A60 is not a video convertor, your imput signal equals your output signal." along with the spec that stated it was a negative bi-level with an untouched vertical sync rate. This means it *should* be compatible with television.

It is.

Am I the first to do this? I've looked night and day for a solution to this, but couldn't find one.

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
Hey can you post pictures? I am kind of confused as to what you are saying. thanks again.

Cavera

n00b
Yeah, pictures would be nice, since I can't understand none of that technical jibba jabba. :mr_t:

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
Sure, I just have to find my cable.
In the meantime...

=|-------R------- ____
=|-------G-------| V |
=|-------B-------| G | -- 9A60 --- TV
=|-------S-------| A |
=|-------C------ --------

or.. something. Hey, I tried.

kc

Belnar Institute Student
dss4u_1772_7417649

syringe

Banned
That seems a little unessicary when there are rgb scart->component convertors available

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
Scanline said:
That seems a little unessicary when there are rgb scart->component convertors available

True, but this is just about the same. Plus, nobody's done this to my knowledge.

$129 isn't that much really, and I got mine for $109.

Shit, it's $80 for the Jrok.

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
kc said:

yeah, I know. I must have had an assload of views real quick.

I can't find a scart > component convertor for less than 75 pounds ($125-$140)
Besides, I could get a scart TV for $20.

I have been thinking about getting the Audio Authority Component video auto-switcher so I can hook up my PS2 and Xbox that way as well. I have a DC that I want to hook up to it, but as far as I know, they don't have any good way to hook up a component out.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
So,

You took a VGA cable and took it apart and hooked it up to the JAMMA edge. From there, you hooked it into a Audio Authority 9A60 VGA-to-Component box. Also, it looks like you did the same with stereo rca jacks? Well, it looks pretty slick, can you notice the difference between component & S-video? Does the video still look funny on HDTV's? When I hook my AES into my Sony 61" HDTV, it looks kind of boxy & fuzzy around the edges. Someone told me that the HDTV's do that to make up for the lack of signal? Can you hook your setup to a large projection HDTV and post pic's of the results? Or atleast try it on one and let us know how it looks? :smirk:

Curt

apostate
I've used the Audio Authority Converter for HDTV from a VGA DirectTV receiver

the Picture is flawless, it's easy to use... and you can configure it a bit

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
wtf

i tried this last year i had no luck. i have guessed it does not work with all tvs. so i gave up. i was trying to use it with my genesis ,duo and neogeo all of wich i have running to a rgb to svideo board now. maybe i have to try again.?? if you have any more info or test please let me know. maybe i had a older or newer ver of the converter.

http://nfg.2y.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=35

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
SeaWolf69 said:
So,

You took a VGA cable and took it apart and hooked it up to the JAMMA edge. From there, you hooked it into a Audio Authority 9A60 VGA-to-Component box. Also, it looks like you did the same with stereo rca jacks? Well, it looks pretty slick, can you notice the difference between component & S-video? Does the video still look funny on HDTV's? When I hook my AES into my Sony 61" HDTV, it looks kind of boxy & fuzzy around the edges. Someone told me that the HDTV's do that to make up for the lack of signal? Can you hook your setup to a large projection HDTV and post pic's of the results? Or atleast try it on one and let us know how it looks? :smirk:

Sorry about the delay, I didn't see this until someone from another board e-mailed me about it. I don't know anyone with an HDTV... my JVC is SDTV. I didn't have it working for long enough before I blew the board up to really recognize a difference, but the 3.0 JROK is a hell of a a product, and for the price and effort level it probably can't be beat. I currently use the JROK and I am more than happy with it.

If I can find someone with an HDTV I will take pics for you guys.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
what is a 3.0 JROK ?
I didn't have it working for long enough before I blew the board up to really recognize a difference
what blew up why !!!??