Digitized a Samurai Spirits 2 'Tips & Tricks' VHS Tape

tenfresh

Mega Shock!!,
I bought this VHS in the clearance bin of a movie rental shop in Japan in 1997.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD_qRlpwSO8

Finally got around to digitizing it.

Nice that it feature extensive voiceover from the original voice actors, and at the very end it has the TV commercial for the CD release.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Thanks, the quality is pretty watchable. Best part though: the Neo-Geo CD commercial with Nakoruru fighting against Jubei at the end of the recording. Reminds me strikingly of Shin Shinobi Den ;).

Jontox

Quiz Detective
That's really kind from you. Thanks!!!
Furthermore this is my preferred Neo Geo game!

Now I wish I could understand Japanese :)

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I bought this VHS in the clearance bin of a movie rental shop in Japan in 1997.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD_qRlpwSO8

Finally got around to digitizing it.

Nice that it feature extensive voiceover from the original voice actors, and at the very end it has the TV commercial for the CD release.

Doesn't look like you used a Time-base corrector on the image. did you do this with an S-VHS deck?

tenfresh

Mega Shock!!,
Doesn't look like you used a Time-base corrector on the image. did you do this with an S-VHS deck?

Nah, just played back on a $5 shit VHS deck from goodwill into a basic elgato video capture. What are you seeing/hearing that clued you in out of curiosity?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Thanks for posting this - that was a seriously great watch.

Do you have anything else like that you want to put up?

tenfresh

Mega Shock!!,
I've told youtube that the video language is Japanese so it can auto-generation captions. Click 'CC' to turn on captions and in the setting gear next to it you can select auto translation to English. It's effen hilarious.

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 2.11.38 PM.png

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Digitized a Samurai Spirits 2 'Tips & Tricks' VHS Tape

I've been trying to figure out the code to unlock Mr. Breast Milk for years! :P

This video is great, thanks for posting it!

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Tempted to do this with my World Heroes 1/2 and Garou Densetsu Special Laserdiscs I got a while back. They're kinda like this tape. There's rips of them already, but the video quality is all compressed to hell since the only quality options for them are 240p and 144p. 240p looks like absolute garbage on Youtube, and 144p is... a garbled mess.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Nah, just played back on a $5 shit VHS deck from goodwill into a basic elgato video capture. What are you seeing/hearing that clued you in out of curiosity?

Just composite separation being lower than normal. VHS looks more like a Laserdisc if you filter it through the right framebuffer.

tenfresh

Mega Shock!!,
Just composite separation being lower than normal. VHS looks more like a Laserdisc if you filter it through the right framebuffer.

Ah yeah, 100% shit deck with composite connection. :)

Keeping my eye out for a good SVHS one, but most of what I use the setup for is purposely adding that retro VHS effect to footage/animations the natural way. The crappier the better!

tenfresh

Mega Shock!!,
I don't see any worthy tips and tricks but nice video nontheless

You know that's a really good point. I guess I presumed that's what it was but it really doesn't actually feel like that. I'll see if I can get someone to look at the package and tell me what the thing actually is.

tenfresh

Mega Shock!!,
I took a shot of the cover of this thing:
https://imgur.com/ywH5Rih

This is how google translate reads it:
tenfresh [10:09 AM]
1 WEEK 1 WE This is the essence of game video! RENTAL OK !! RENTAL: SNK developers of all 90 was recorded original drama "Masamuraitamashi Millionaires" also by the game original voice actors play, including SPIRI Gamers idle "Reiko Chiba" to the BGM Arrange version by cheats + New World music Acrobatic Troupe by Minutes video. In addition developers commentary with papers incorporating such as the development secret story by the raising of the curtain (opening with Haohmaru heroism Retsuden (A New war-Masamuraitamashi Millionaires' first episode - competition Part 1) ● Cast: Haohmaru, Kibashinmaboroshi Juro, flower 諷院 sum狆, Tachibana Ukyo to the country of Japan (Amakusa Revival ~ Shinsoidama Acting Part 2 Story ~ Battle of That Part 2) ● Cast: Nakolu, Garford, Charlotte, Nine Hartz Zieger, Cham Cham Mission and Desire ... (Woe ~ True Samuraitamashi Millionaires third episode - play their three) ● cast: Jubei Yagyu, Senryo Kyoshi 郞, Hanzo Hattori, Otora, Shiranui Maboroshian, Asukueiku Kuroko appeared altitude of eight thousand eight hundred forty-eight rice (Masamuraitamashi Millionaires' fourth episode - competition 其four) ● cast: 黑子, Haohmaru, nakoruru, flower 諷院 Kazuchin, Senryo Kyoshi 郞, Charlotte, Chamuchamu marvel again (Mizuki appeared - Amakusa annihilation - the final pre-war) Last Crusade (Masamuraitamashi Millionaires' fifth episode - Mizuki game) ● Cast: Luo Mao Gintetsu Yellow, Haohmaru, nakoruru, flower 諷院 Kazuchin, Jubei Yagyu, Senryo Kyoshi Hanzo Hattori, Galle Ford, Charlotte master the show complete works (Ending Complete Works) Festival (Game staff roll) roundtable video staff credit true samurai Spyri, Puso TV-CF true samurai "true Samurai spirits" bidet ededoop 00

So I think it's primarily some kind of radio play story by the original VO artists?

Is there a general term for this 'type' of video?

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Love this! I wonder how much weird VHS stuff like this is out there . . .