Bust A Move Again cart with corrupt pictures

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Hi all, I recently purchased a Bust A Move Again cart, cart has a Holo label and all the ICs on the board match mvs-scans.

I booted up the carts and saw that the background layers and title logo have corrupted graphics. The sprites on the other hand look fine:

https://imgur.com/a/c3WXG6N

I booted up the same game on my 161, and did not see these issues. I have already tried cleaning off the pins and reseating the cart, but no luck. Any suggestions aside from desoldering the C-roms and verifying them on my programmer?

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Any ROMs in particular? I spot checked all the joints, no obvious bad joints. I gave all the C-Roms a reflow, didn't change anything. All that is left to reflow is the M1, S1 and V1+2. I'd assume the P-rom can't contribute to that, and the Unibios check on the cart said the CRC for the P-rom is good.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
S1 is also related to graphics. If you are going to start popping out roms to verify, start with S1 and the C roms. M1 and V1/2 are sound related so there is no need to mess with those.

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Yep, pulled the ROMs and found out that the C4 was bad. A little sad that my cart won't have original ROMs, but still happy to have this cart in my collection.

pier

Crazed MVS Addict
Yep, pulled the ROMs and found out that the C4 was bad. A little sad that my cart won't have original ROMs, but still happy to have this cart in my collection.

also snk repaired carts were repaired with eproms if needed.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
A repair is a broken official cart brought back to life! Lots of carts will need repairs eventually.