Advice on shipping options/rates from Italy please

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
Chiao a tutti, I am getting a Neo Geo Home game shipped from Italy and the seller quoted me the following options:

1)trackable and safe packaging, about three days to arrive will be 60 euros
2) trackable and normal packaging, will be 40 euros
3)not trackable and economic options, thorugh normail mail service will be 20 euros

According to my experience I think they are bullshit and that he's trying to make money on shipping. I think that, for instance, Quick Pack Europe is only 27 Euros, so could you please confirm me which methos are available and which one do you suggest me to chose?, Grazie Mille!!!

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Hi Pep, you're very welcome! :)

Well, truth is international shipping is super pricy those days in Italy, but those rates seems franky too high even for here.

I say there are three option:

1) Private express currier such a Fedex. Suggest the seller to ask for FedEx rates from the 'Mail Boxes Etc' chain shops: it will be cheaper. For a single cart, I would say this option should NOT go beyond the 30~40euro mark.

2) Postal espress currier. I think the name is now "Paccocelere Internazionale", basically EMS or something like that, and that's pricy as hell. Basically the same than a private currier, in not few Euros more. Neverless, I think you can get actual rates from www.posteitaliane.it, English version page avalaible. Actually I took my time to check for you right now, and it's 37,75 for anywhere within Spain :)

3) Untrackable postal service, AKA registered mail. Italian name is "raccomandata". Very cheap, I would say about 15euro or even (most likely) less. This is unavaible for big packages, but a single cart can be shipped as a small parcel (just like a think mail if you use those bubblewrapped mail bags) and it's OK (I used to do so).

As for my suggestion, I say if you're buying an item which is very special (I mean valuable not just in the monetary term) then go with the first option, for Italian postal service sucks donkey balls anyway. Else, just choose 1 or 2 or 3 depending on the value of the item you're getting from here. :)

Hope this help,

G.

Last edited:

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
It helps a lot, thank you very much indeed!!!!