Analogue CMVS Framemeister S-Video problem

Superblatt

n00b
I have an Analogue CMVS from Jeff Kurtz that won’t send a signal apparently to my framemeister via s video. The input light just doesn’t come on. I’ve confirmed it’s not eh framemeister as my N64 works fine. Any ideas? Are there framemeister settings I have to adjust?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm just curious but why would you want to hook up S-Video to a Framemeister? Did you try a rgb cable? S-Video isn't going to look all that great on a framemeister.

Also, do you have a CRT that takes S-Video to try out?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'm just curious but why would you want to hook up S-Video to a Framemeister? Did you try a rgb cable? S-Video isn't going to look all that great on a framemeister.

Also, do you have a CRT that takes S-Video to try out?

these are valid concerns.

Superblatt

n00b
My scart rgb cable is shipping now from Retrogaming Cables --- it's the only reason I am currently forced into using s video. The good news is that I finally got the s-video cable working. Turns out on the Analogue CMVS side that the cable can actually go in upside down (without forcing it). Sounds ridiculous, I know, but it's working now. Trial and error.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
My scart rgb cable is shipping now from Retrogaming Cables --- it's the only reason I am currently forced into using s video. The good news is that I finally got the s-video cable working. Turns out on the Analogue CMVS side that the cable can actually go in upside down (without forcing it). Sounds ridiculous, I know, but it's working now. Trial and error.

That’s funny it went in upside down. Usually they are keyed with that black notch on one part of the barrel?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
There are different types of S-video barrel connector shapes probably explains why. From my experience I have seen at least two: one round and one square. Sometimes this can interfere with making a solid connection or being way too tight/loose.

Last edited: