Stained glass Moogles! ...and Koroks...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Extremely cool. You managed to create sweet objects without even a trace of kitsch and your craftsmanship is incredible. So is the presentation.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Awesome job on this leafy pair! How do you go about making those? Welding the frame and then pouring the molten colored glass into each section?

Better keep a close eye on them though, if Castlevania games and my 2nd Edition Dungeon & Dragons Monster Manual are to be believed, stained glass figures occasionally spring to life and try to murder you! :D

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Those are awesome man! They would be great porch ornaments or Christmas tree decorations

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dude those are rad!

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Those turned out great! I especially like how the leafy foregrounds contrast the rest of the bodies and stand out in the light.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Very nice! Makes me wish I had some artistic capabilities. lol.

Definitely very well done, though!

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Those are awesome. I would totally hang those in my yard next to some windmills.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Awesome job on this leafy pair! How do you go about making those? Welding the frame and then pouring the molten colored glass into each section?

Better keep a close eye on them though, if Castlevania games and my 2nd Edition Dungeon & Dragons Monster Manual are to be believed, stained glass figures occasionally spring to life and try to murder you! :D

Thanks guys! Usually I've mostly done larger windows in the past...which take forever to complete... So, last year I started selling smaller ornaments type things to change up the work a bit for some variety. I thought some video game theme stuff may be coooool...

For the body I started by drawing out the image, cut the pieces out for a pattern to cut the glass to size... wrapped the pieces in copper foil, and soldered all the seems together... The face was mostly the same process...except I cut out the leaf detail from of a sheet of copper foil and laid it over the leaf piece and soldered that down. From there I used some patina to make the solder black and applied some glass polishing compound and buffed it up...I'd say it took about 3hrs from start to finish to make one...

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Awesome stuff, Tom! Thanks for posting them up.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
pretty nice, mate. something i would actually buy.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
New Korok leaf characters? Weren't they in Zelda: The Wind Waker from 2003?

Very nice stained glass work either way.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Wow, these look great. I'd actually buy a pair of those if I saw them for sale somewhere.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If you could find a way to decrease the cost/time of production, then you could make some serious Etsy change on those.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
If you could find a way to decrease the cost/time of production, then you could make some serious Etsy change on those.

Only problem I see there is good old Nintendo would put their foot down on that very quickly. Trust me, though. Given the chance, I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member

That indeed is the tough part...it's a slooooow tedious process for sure...

The Etsy thing could be a good idea though...I had a very basic page set up for me a year back by a friend, but I never used it. I usually did larger windows by word of mouth for people, which are kind of one off items of a custom size that I didn't think would work on Etsy. Perhaps small items that are easier to make in larger numbers would be more suited for that though...

Anywhos, glad to see people like them! Here's a link to the shop if anybody wants one:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/NorthwoodGlassworks?ref=search_shop_redirect

Last edited: