MV-1A stereo mod/5v question

Shinchan

n00b
I can't seem to find consistent information on MV-1A audio. My goals are:
Convert the board to 5v
Stereo Mod
Send unamplified L/R audio to line out jacks

I've seen guides that tell me that I need to cut some of the 12v traces to allow the board to run on 5v, I've seen guides that tell me I need to build an additional circuit with 3 lines fed in from before the audio amp to get L/R out (I'm guessing some sort of basic amp circuit, but the guide does not say what the circuit actually does).

What is the simplest way to have a working board that is fed by 5v only and get line-level L/R audio that I can send to jacks/AES cable? I'm not sure if everything I'm looking for is a mutually-exclusive step or if there's one method for accomplishing all of the above stated goals in one set of steps.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Follow the guide to convert to 5v only, build the MKL circuit to bring the audio to line level.

Shinchan

n00b
Thanks.

The guide shows cutting the 12v a bit upstream from the amp (yellow line in image from JNX) and it looks like cap AC2 will also lose 12v if I'm seeing it correctly. Is this correct/okay or do I need to cut the trace closer to pin 4 of the amp chip?

While I wait for the bits to build the MKL, if I do the 5v only I can still pull amplified mono audio from the JAMMA edge correct?

mv1a3yt7.jpg

Follow the guide to convert to 5v only, build the MKL circuit to bring the audio to line level.

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
After the 5v mod it should run off the Jamma edge just fine if I recall. BUT.... Just make sure to disconnect your 12v line on your Jamma harness if you use a modded board. I would think pumping 12v into a line that has a 5v mod to it would not work out well.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Just make sure to disconnect your 12v line on your Jamma harness if you use a modded board. I would think pumping 12v into a line that has a 5v mod to it would not work out well.

And why do you think that trace is cut in the above pic?