Young Justice back from the dead, season 3 coming

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
YJ-S3-Poster.jpg

It's been over three years since the show was cancelled, but consistent fan outcry and steady Netflix streaming+DVD/Blu Ray sales has given it a new life.

If you haven't seen the show yet, I highly recommend checking out the first two seasons on Netflix.

It's from producer Greg Weisman, who was also responsible for The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series as well as the first two seasons of the Gargoyles animated series.

This show is easily one of the greatest superhero shows, animated or otherwise, of all time.

On the same level as Batman the Animated Series and the rest of the DC Animated Universe (Batman Beyond, Superman TAS, Justice League/Unlimited, etc).

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Call me when they revive Teen Titans. (For real, not that Teen Titans Go shit.)

sadly that's probably not happening. It's basically their cash cow right now.

but I'll take this. I'm curious what they're gonna do with this.

famicommander

15 Year Member
At least Teen Titans got a proper ending, what with the movie. It also got five full seasons.

Young Justice wrapped up its season 2 storyline nicely but then ended on a massive fucking cliffhanger setting up season 3.

Both shows were awesome but in my opinion Young Justice is the better show. It's a lot more mature, for lack of a better word, as far as the topics they cover and the complexity of the storytelling.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go are garbage.

If season 3 of Young Justice is confirmed, then fuck yes, I'm in. Young Justice and the Green Lantern Animated from around the same era were fantastically written shows that got the ax because of stupidity.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I loved Young Justice mainly for one hero...the original Captain Marvel! He wasn't and should never be referred to as 'Shazam!' :p

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I loved Young Justice mainly for one hero...the original Captain Marvel! He wasn't and should never be referred to as 'Shazam!' :p

In the general sense, I'm a Marvel fan, over DC. But when it comes to Captain Marvel, I'm right there with ya. DC Captain Marvel all the way.

Also, Justice League > Avengers. All day, err day.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I like the way the Flash family was represented on Young Justice
latest

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
At least Teen Titans got a proper ending, what with the movie. It also got five full seasons.

I remember no proper ending. I do remember some goofy Tokyo movie that didn't conclude anything. They never brought closure to the Slade thing. Who's Slade?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

Young Justice is way better. I like Teen Titans , but story wise they accomplished what they needed to with being "Teen" Titans. If they went to the Titans I would be more interested, but then again that's kinda what Young Justice is looking like they're going for. Graduation from teen sidekicks to full fledged heroes.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I was on the fence until I read that Weisman was back as head writer then I jumped over that fence in excitement

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Teen Titans Go and Young Justice are two completely different things. Both are great in their own way. Young Justice coming back is great news.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I wasn't expecting this to happen i assume the show got enough views on netflik to do so.I didn't really watch the entire show when it aired on cn.When it came on netflik i did,see why now since so many see it as a underrated show.I just hope warner bros isn't expecting to sell allot of toys when it comes to season three :p:rolleyes:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Teen Titans Go is fucking awesome. These other motherfuckers just hate fun.

It has it's moments where it's fun. Then it has the unwatchable episodes catering to 5 year olds exclusively. I personally believe the suits had them dumb it down even more after the 1st season so the older crowds wouldn't like it. They want it to appeal to the young kids and mission accomplished. Though when I find the Super Hero Squad much more enjoyable to watch there's something wrong there.