You all seen this? Sega Saturn Cracked Video + DreamPi Online Adapter

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I didn't see threads on either of these after a search. I find it hard to believe these haven't been posted about.

I'm confused, this isn't the Saturn Rhea guy is it? This device looks different.

Also, Who want's to play Phantasy Star Online?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yea I'm waiting for this guy's project. No modification required, just plug the card in, fill the SD card with games and go.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I would be willing to pay someone to build and configure one of these for me, and then I'd totally be down for some PSO

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
im willing to bet that saturn mod is much further away than people think. very cool that it's a possibility.

also, the dreampi is a bit tricky. Not needed if you have a good LAN adapter.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
im willing to bet that saturn mod is much further away than people think. very cool that it's a possibility.

also, the dreampi is a bit tricky. Not needed if you have a good LAN adapter.

I hope it comes sooner, than later. My modded, and chipped saturn is seriously pissing me off. I can't wait to sell it off.

Someone bump this if they hear any news.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
why is it pissing you off lol?

Because its still giving me issues with my PAL Panzer Saga. It works perfect then randomly goes black after 5 minutes, or 50 minutes.

Then, i cant get any burbs to work. Thought just downloading a usa version would work, but they never burn correctly, or maybe they do and still dont work. I use ing burn on a bin/cue, at 8X, and am using Verbatim. Which I hear should work fine.

Then... When my retail PAL discs, or burns dont work, then nothing will load, even genuine USA discs , unless i power off for about 10 minutes.

So im basically just about to say fuck it, sell it, and go emulation or unmodded action replay. My whole reason for dumping money in the bios mod, and mod chip was so i could play backups of my PAL stuff, and burn crap like hyper duel which I will never afford.

Now I have a unit that performs shittier than ever.

Maybe the mod chip isnt installed right or something. But i took it apart and the one wire, and ribbon cables seem snug and secure. Plus ive tried many burns, and tried changing the regions with Sega Cue maker.

I just cant ever get saturn and turbo stuff to burn properly. I think I have a curse or something.

I really sont want to dump $50 on some taiyo discs until im sure i can burn these things correctly.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Not sure about the chip you got, but I got the racketboy one in mine and it's never given me any problems like that. My Saturn is modded to Japan region and I use Saturn region patcher to patch all my games to NTSC/J before I burn on slowest speed.

Maybe your Saturn is taking a shit.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Not sure about the chip you got, but I got the racketboy one in mine and it's never given me any problems like that. My Saturn is modded to Japan region and I use Saturn region patcher to patch all my games to NTSC/J before I burn on slowest speed.

Maybe your Saturn is taking a shit.

Pretty sure i have the phantom chip. Iys just a square that connects via 2 ribbon cables, and theres. 1 wire that has to be soldered on.

The weird part is usa and jp games work fine. Its just if i try and boot PAL or CDR it acts weird.

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
Because its still giving me issues with my PAL Panzer Saga. It works perfect then randomly goes black after 5 minutes, or 50 minutes.

Then, i cant get any burbs to work. Thought just downloading a usa version would work, but they never burn correctly, or maybe they do and still dont work. I use ing burn on a bin/cue, at 8X, and am using Verbatim. Which I hear should work fine.

Then... When my retail PAL discs, or burns dont work, then nothing will load, even genuine USA discs , unless i power off for about 10 minutes.

So im basically just about to say fuck it, sell it, and go emulation or unmodded action replay. My whole reason for dumping money in the bios mod, and mod chip was so i could play backups of my PAL stuff, and burn crap like hyper duel which I will never afford.

Maybe the mod chip isnt installed right or something. But i took it apart and the one wire, and ribbon cables seem snug and secure. Plus ive tried many burns, and tried changing the regions with Sega Cue maker.

I just cant ever get saturn and turbo stuff to burn properly. I think I have a curse or something.

I really sont want to dump $50 on some taiyo discs until im sure i can burn these things correctly.

Have you ever cleaned your laser? Make sure Imgburn is up-to-date. Try a different media or burn speed. Everyone says that you should burn at the lowest possible setting. However, I have found that my burner works at 4x, but does a better job at 8x. Maybe try 16x? Discs are relatively cheap, so don't be afraid to try different things.

As for media, I use these for my Turbo CD, Sega CD, and DC games: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-JVC-Tai...365798?hash=item5673864126:g:m8QAAOSwPhdVLiNa

Unfortunately, some burners just don't do a good job. If you have access to another burner, try that one.

Lastly, your laser could be on its way out, but I would fiddle with some other things first.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Rhea is very much plug and play (just unscrew your drive and pop it in). I think you would like it if you got one.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
The weird part is usa and jp games work fine. Its just if i try and boot PAL or CDR it acts weird.

You should try to add a 50Hz switch for those PAL games and then flip back to 60Hz after the SEGA logo screen.
They might be acting weird due to PAL frequency at boot.

Not sure, never had a modchip on a Saturn of mine. My Skeleton has all languages and frequencies, so I don't have issues with that. But then again, I can't play CD-R's too.

fake

15 Year Member
TLDR. Would you need to set up servers for online DC games? Sounds like a pain. SFIIX for matching service would be great though.

I'd buy an SD cart for Saturn. I've got a borderline big tymer Saturn collection, but would def. pick one up for the super high ticket games like Hyper Duel and X-Multiply. I also want to play Panzer Dragoon Saga again but I sold my copy so I could by Toromaru.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

One thing you have to keep in mind with Saturn burns is bad sectors on the image. Many times i'll burn a game and if it wont boot, will boot but then kick me back to the main menu, freeze...etc..... I'll scan it with CDMAGE and it'll find either one bad sector or a shit ton but in the end it will usually only correct one.

After that they usually work flawlessly

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
One thing you have to keep in mind with Saturn burns is bad sectors on the image. Many times i'll burn a game and if it wont boot, will boot but then kick me back to the main menu, freeze...etc..... I'll scan it with CDMAGE and it'll find either one bad sector or a shit ton but in the end it will usually only correct one.

After that they usually work flawlessly

I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
TLDR. Would you need to set up servers for online DC games? Sounds like a pain. SFIIX for matching service would be great though.

I'd buy an SD cart for Saturn. I've got a borderline big tymer Saturn collection, but would def. pick one up for the super high ticket games like Hyper Duel and X-Multiply. I also want to play Panzer Dragoon Saga again but I sold my copy so I could by Toromaru.

Ive owned a Dreampi for a few months now. After getting it setup its easy to use. Several games have come back online with more on the way. Im hoping Outtrigger will come back online, but word yet.

fake

15 Year Member
Ive owned a Dreampi for a few months now. After getting it setup its easy to use. Several games have come back online with more on the way. Im hoping Outtrigger will come back online, but word yet.

Do you have to set anything up? Or can you just use the in-game online multiplayer menus?

SNKNostalgia

Gal Ageise's Demon
Looking forward to the plug-in sd device. I am still using my US model 2 Saturn with mod chip, but CD-Rs seem to be putting slight wear on the lens. This way, I can finally use my blue skeletal derby JP Saturn that has just been sitting in the closet. Mod chips don't work on it due to it being the last run of the Sega Saturn from 1997.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
IIRC, there have been servers supporting all versions of Phantasy Star Online (even the Gamecube) for years now. They were all fan run projects.

The only issue now is connecting to the internet on a DC...as those broadband adapters are still $300+.

Jon

fake

15 Year Member
IIRC, there have been servers supporting all versions of Phantasy Star Online (even the Gamecube) for years now. They were all fan run projects.

The only issue now is connecting to the internet on a DC...as those broadband adapters are still $300+.

Jon

Yeah I looked into PSO specifically earlier in the year and fan servers are running for both DC and PC. I'm more interested in fighters and oddball games.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Yeah I looked into PSO specifically earlier in the year and fan servers are running for both DC and PC. I'm more interested in fighters and oddball games.

Doesn't it vary from game to game due to the servers? I remember reading the billiards game had new servers due to the developer giving out specific source code.