Yosaku- One of SNKs OG Games - Lost Media Tree Choppin

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I’ve played every game on the Neo that was officially released, but there are a few pre Neo and Pocket games in the least I have never played.

I do remember seeing Vanguard and Ikari Warriors in the arcade but that was it SNK wise before the Neo. I do have a few pre Neo boards in my collection now though.

This was posted on YouTube a short while ago about the Epoch Clone game Yosaku for the cassette vision. (Epoch’s Astro Command was actually my first video game as a child my parents got me for Christmas one year.)

Evidently the game is a clone of SNK’s second ever game which is generally considered lost media, which he even mentions though there is a Japanese YouTube video of the game. SNK does not have this in their archives.

There is actually a remake/ tribute for the pocket non color accessed through Battle De Paradise.

Definitely a part of SNK’s history I was not informed of until recently. I know it’s archaic but it’s 1978 afterall.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
I’ve played every game on the Neo that was officially released, but there are a few pre Neo and Pocket games in the least I have never played.

I do remember seeing Vanguard and Ikari Warriors in the arcade but that was it SNK wise before the Neo. I do have a few pre Neo boards in my collection now though.

This was posted on YouTube a short while ago about the Epoch Clone game Yosaku for the cassette vision. (Epoch’s Astro Command was actually my first video game as a child my parents got me for Christmas one year.)

Evidently the game is a clone of SNK’s second ever game which is generally considered lost media, which he even mentions though there is a Japanese YouTube video of the game. SNK does not have this in their archives.

There is actually a remake/ tribute for the pocket non color accessed through Battle De Paradise.

Definitely a part of SNK’s history I was not informed of until recently. I know it’s archaic but it’s 1978 afterall.
I may be wrong, but i think SNK only published Yosaku. They did not developed it. IIRC from a issue of the Japanese magazine Game Machine, it was said that Yosaku was made by Orca Corporation. That name might not ring any bell, but it's the predecessor of Toaplan. Again, i could be wrong in this regard...

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I may be wrong, but i think SNK only published Yosaku. They did not developed it. IIRC from a issue of the Japanese magazine Game Machine, it was said that Yosaku was made by Orca Corporation. That name might not ring any bell, but it's the predecessor of Toaplan. Again, i could be wrong in this regard...
I had seen someone post that in the comments of the Japanese video so that may be the case in fact.