Xbox series s plus game pass

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm changing my broadband provider and the new place gives you a free 12 month Xbox ultimate game pass. I've currently got nothing to play this on, my questions are;

Is the game pass any good?

Does it have many games suitable for my 6 year old?

Is it worth picking up a second hand series s so he can use the pass?

You seem to be able to get the series s and a couple of controllers for sub £100 now, seems like it might be worth it for a year of gaming for the miniest me?

Thoughts, gentlemen.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
lol Series S.

Game pass works on PC too.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Is gamepass for Xbone still a thing? You could probably find an Xbox One X for pretty cheap

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Yes GP is good, but recommend buying it during holiday seasons to make it a better deal.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
lol Series S.

Game pass works on PC too.
I thought the PC version was a different subscription than the Xbox version.

Is gamepass for Xbone still a thing? You could probably find an Xbox One X for pretty cheap
I'm pretty sure game pass for Xbox just works regardless if you have xbone or a series.

I'm changing my broadband provider and the new place gives you a free 12 month Xbox ultimate game pass. I've currently got nothing to play this on, my questions are;

You seem to be able to get the series s and a couple of controllers for sub £100 now, seems like it might be worth it for a year of gaming for the miniest me?

Thoughts, gentlemen.
Games pass is pretty good really.
No shortage of games to play for sure.
You can also get on the developer program ($25 USD one time) and run an assload of emulators on the thing as well.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yes, it’ll be worth it for free.

Series S is a stupid console but it will be fine for a 6 year old. Just keep in mind it only has a 500GB Hard drive and the expansion hard drives are absurdly expensive.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member

Thoughts, gentlemen.
For a 6 year old, what comes to mind is

- super lucky tales (really good 3D platformer)

- Pinkiniku - puzzle adventure game.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

Thoughts, gentlemen.
It's a pretty good bang for the bucks. Make sure you get a Series console, not a One. The One isn't really supported by MS anymore and your kid will probably want to play the new cool game in town at some point.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
The Series S is a great console and gamepss has enough games for nearly anyone, including all that EA Fifa stuff. Call of Duty is coming soon as well.

Most people that aren’t nerds can’t tell the difference between games at 1080P or at 4K.

Only problem with the S is that 500gb is actually about 360gb usable. Budget for a memory expansion card at a future Birthday/Christmas.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Strongly agree that Gamepass is good. So many complaints from people when something dumb gets on it but it also, right now, gives you access to, among many others: FORZA Motorsport, Starfield, Wo Long, Lies of P, Like a Dragon: Isshin!, Persona 5 Royal, MLB The Show 23, Tunic, Sea of Stars, Cocoon, Gotham Knights, etc. Even at its usual full price of $120/year it's worth it if you would otherwise be picking up 2 or more of the games on it at their usual list prices.

Re: kids - pretty sure you can pick a kids or family games list from one of the menus and it'll pop up 20 or 25 good games for young players.

Re: S - for a six-year-old, sure. He ain't gonna care that stuff isn't in 4K and he's also probably not going to be downloading the 100 GB titles that would eat its SSD super fast.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Oh a game I would recommend for dad and lad 2 player that isn't overly flustering for kids & fun for adults simultaneously is Lego DC Supervillains.
I like that game so much I have it for both my PS5 and series X.
TMNT Shredders revenge would also be a good family fun game IMO as well but maybe not quite as accessible as DCSV.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Oh a game I would recommend for dad and lad 2 player that isn't overly flustering for kids & fun for adults simultaneously is Lego DC Supervillains.
I like that game so much I have it for both my PS5 and series X.
TMNT Shredders revenge would also be a good family fun game IMO as well but maybe not quite as accessible as DCSV.

Yeah my brother and his kids love the Lego titles for coop. Very easy pick up and play.