XBLA High Scores thread

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I figured we could discuss strats for specific high score games, such as Pac-Man Championship Edition, Geometry Wars, or whatever floats your boat.

I just cracked 200K on Pac-Man CE, but damn it just seems like baby steps forward scorewise, haven't had a major breakthrough in a while. The real pain in the ass is dealing with the very beginning of the game...its SO slow. Great game though.

I feel like I peaked on GW a long time ago...I can regularly crack 1M but I don't have any consistency after that point. Still gonna try for 2M.

Keep the trash talk to a minimum, especially if you don't even have a score to talk
about.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Still haven't peaked over a million in Geometry Wars.

My only real achievement is getting around a 425,000,000 cumalitive score in Boom Boom Rocket on hard.

Also trying to up my score in Pacman CE.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I played Geometry Wars last night after seeing the other thread. I kept getting snake and jack spawns out the ass before even hitting 200000. I gave up pretty fast :crying:

I think my best is 650000 or so. I'll never break a million.

I can play a mean game of Mutant Storm though, but it takes hours to get a good score. I usually get bored and go do something else. Maybe one day I'll get bored and go for a better high score.

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Bejewled 2 and Hexic HD...

...you know who the boss hog is! :buttrock:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
butta said:
Pacman CE - 270650

Nice score man, you and hermes both shredded my best.
Gotta get up on that, since it seems my Geometry Wars skills have faded entirely.

edit-8K posts OMFGWTFBBQ!!!

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
Loopz said:
Nice score man, you and hermes both shredded my best.
Gotta get up on that, since it seems my Geometry Wars skills have faded entirely.

edit-8K posts OMFGWTFBBQ!!!

upped it a bit more, i think i can get to 300k with a good run.

been trying to get to the keys for the 2nd time in a run, i can get close, but always make too many mistakes.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Got around 78,000,000 on old Space Giraffe.

I'm doing pretty well on the lower levers, but once you get to level 30+, it starts getting difficult. Woot, more goodness.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:
Got around 78,000,000 on old Space Giraffe.

I'm doing pretty well on the lower levers, but once you get to level 30+, it starts getting difficult. Woot, more goodness.

Damn nice. I got 47 million last night but fizzled out. This game is seriously addictive.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Pac-Man CE : 319,600
Geometry Wars : 974,115
Space Giraffe : 89,098,321

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Lastblade said:
Damn nice. I got 47 million last night but fizzled out. This game is seriously addictive.

Plus you can get back to your high score from the last level played if you get to a certain score.

Which reminds me, I need to play this again. Sadly Puzzle Fighter owns my soul at the moment.:D

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:
Plus you can get back to your high score from the last level played if you get to a certain score.

Which reminds me, I need to play this again. Sadly Puzzle Fighter owns my soul at the moment.:D

I heard the Space Giraffe leaderboards are gonna be reset sometime soon. Supposedly, there's a scoring bug somehow related to Jump.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Hentai Sama said:
I heard the Space Giraffe leaderboards are gonna be reset sometime soon. Supposedly, there's a scoring bug somehow related to Jump.

Huh, go figure. I hadn't heard of that. All the more reason for me to put some more time into it.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Magician said:
Bejewled 2 and Hexic HD...

...you know who the boss hog is! :buttrock:

Actually I blew your Bejeweled score out of the water ;)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
RevQuixo said:
Actually I blew your Bejeweled score out of the water ;)

Oh ho! I'll have to give that a look when I jump online again.

See if I can reclaim it. ;)