FOUND: SS2 home cart, loose/working

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Possibly looking for a cheap SS2 home cart, could be cart only, could have a case, but anything else is unnecessary, and as long as you're ok with it becoming a sac cart. Doesn't need to be perfect of course but would like it to be working and have a decent shell.

Also interested in anyone around that could write eproms.

FOUND

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
You can just buy a repro on Aliexpress. If you're going to sac a cart at least have the decency to do it on the DL, instead of advertising on here. lol

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
lithy wants to draw a crowd and sac in front of an audience. Really gets the blood pumping.

• keke
Reactions: wyo

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
You can just buy a repro on Aliexpress. If you're going to sac a cart at least have the decency to do it on the DL, instead of advertising on here. lol

Is that a thing? The last time I did any of this was damn near 20 years ago.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I've bought an MVS Pochi & Nyaa boot on Aliexpress a couple of years ago. Paid 55 EUR, now the same game from the same shop goes for 72 EUR, so even the bootlegs seem to have gone up in price (maybe I should've bought other stuff like Ghostlop and Ironclad when it was cheaper). I don't know if the quality is still the same, but I was really surprised to find authentic SNK boards instead of the new smaller stuff - it was a really "old school" bootleg. Label quality was crap and it started peeling off, but who cares.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I didn't even know lithy had a home system
Ghostlop tho. Meh

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Ghostlop is in my top 10. I know you love Top 10 topics.

Ghostlop will fit onto a donor as small as Fatal Fury 2, please do not waste a quality game like SS2 for something so small.
It's better not to sac anything, but FF2 and SS2 are both about as common as it gets on AES.

lithy what you doing bro? I know you’re not a collector so just get a flash cart and play Ghostlop and all the other carts.
If you're into Neo Geo the NeoSD Pro is 100% worth the cost, but the common refrain I'm hearing is still that it's too expensive. It seems the 161 in 1 still reigns king for casual Neo owners.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
Ghostlop isn't on the 161-in-1 though.

Sure, one could get in line for a hacked 161 with a more complete game list (arcade-projects I think?) Still expensive though.

If one wanted only Ghostlop and nothing else... On AES? Sadly the sac cart is still one of the better options. The Atomikwave bootlegs are hard to get if one has no connections for that sort of thing.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
If one wanted only Ghostlop and nothing else... On AES? Sadly the sac cart is still one of the better options. The Atomikwave bootlegs are hard to get if one has no connections for that sort of thing.
Who's this who wants Ghostlop and nothing else? The NeoSD future-proofs you for any new homebrew or hacks that get released.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
The NeoSD Pro is also $600+ USD which is a lot of money by most metrics.

Even the old NeoSD used is pricey.