Why is there a lack of news about SNKP's activity ?

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Especially here in the west.

It's as if their press department is not interested in spread their business for any place outside the Japan.

They have no official twitter/facebook accounts.
Their youtube account ( https://www.youtube.com/user/snkplaymoreGame ) is also left behind.

Sure, once in a while they update their japanese website (which has no english version), but we don't know much of what is going on in there.

So, is there a reason for this absence of updates about their occupations ?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
It's SNKP. Even when XIII came out it wasn't pushed as hard as it could/should have been. The company isn't known for being on the ball with everything.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
What activity? And no, loaning the neo geo name to some company run by incompetent asylum inmates doesn't count.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
some characters licensed for a fighting game... with an infrastructure like league of legends, so far awesome game, and i think it's the closest we'll have to a new KOF fighting game... guess pachinko isn't as profitable as it used to be...

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
because they are headquartered in Japan?

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Because we don't need a real-time news feed where they tell us all about what old, 2D classics they're currently planning on making shoddy, 3D versions of.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Fuck them seriously. We've all got enough shit to play for the rest of our lives. What we don't need is a bunch of japanese people making bullshit games from their leftover IP's.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
And they're probably just making more of those pachinko machines, why do we need to get constantly advertised about it?

Last edited:

Yao

Quiz Detective
I was in Osaka last week and was walking around the SNK building. At the back exit there were some employees smoking. I was talking to them. There was only one who understood English. He was very nice and took me inside (just the ground floor, which isn't too exciting). He told me that they are working on nothing besides games for mobile phones. Beeing disappointed with his answer I asked again. He repeated: "There is nothing else. I wish there was". Of course I know that they wouldn't tell about their secret development plans to any random tourist that walks by. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
If they are only going to concentrate on mobile games, why don't they just release the entire AES library across all the major online gaming networks and be done with it? It's shit or get off the pot time.

SNKP going mobile game only? What a miserable epitaph for an amazing legacy.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
i agree i wouldn't mind having SNK games released from atomiswave and on released on Steam, as for neo geo we already have mame, ggpo, etc.....

them licensing characters to tencent isn't a bad idea IMO, XDZW is a really good game.... if anyone could make XIV it would be them