Who here on this forum is Japanese?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've always been interested in knowing who here is Japanese? This is Neo-Geo.com, a forum dedictated to one of the best Japanese arcade systems of all time yet to me it feels like mostly everyone here is not Japanese. Do Japanese people even give a shit about the Neo-Geo?

I understand there is a language barrier but how about Japanese people raised in states or other countries other than Japan.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
They do, they just do it in Japanese on Japanese forums :)

I just watch all these neo reviews on youtube, see all these collections on the net and everyone is based in every country except Japan.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
There's only a handful of out of control collectors in Japan, they just don't have the room for it.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
just as tak said. japanese and asians in general as a whole, have their own sites and gatherings. i don't think the neo would be forgotten in japan anytime soon. even in the last days of the arcades in london, the only people that were ever in them playing snk and capcom fighters were asian.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
True, or maybe they just don't like to hold on to stuff or like clutter. I don't know

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
No joke. Most just don't have the room for some of these Yootube collections.

this is definitely true when it comes to houses in hong kong. i had a friend from there who told me that there's no such thing as storage. if you need something new or replaced, you would need to throw it out or sell it to make room for the new.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There used to be a whole community of Pakistani fighting game aficionados (abeit playing on keyboards).

Don't know if it's still going.