Votes: 15 44.1%
  • World Heroes Gorgeous

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
:lolz:

You going to get NTM to get you a hi-res scan of that awesome World Heroes art from that banner he posted a while back?

All that needs to be added is PERFECT right below.

No, I don't really like that art style. I can kind of appreciate the cheese factor. Not ink material though.

I was thinking of something like this

wh1_logo.png

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
WHERE IS THE KOOL-AID WACKY WAREHOUSE MALL?!?!?!?!?!

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
I grew up with the series & enjoyed playing WH1 in many arcades...then i evetually got it cheap for my aes system, as soon as wh2 was released i had to buy it!!..
When Jet was launched..it improved many things..., it gave the fighter a greater pace...more enjoyable action...there were fewer stages though?...somehow i prefered 2 over this....but i liked the speed etc.
I loved the meaty SFX & typical ADK music.
Years later..i realized this New title "WHP"...i got a decent conditioned Euro home cart & thought it was the most polished...did not play so much of it though...due to other 'better' SNK fighters i had amassed.
Now many years have passed by..out of Neo gaming...but last month i found a minty english WHP mvs cart in the loft..its going to get played as soon as i receive my Omega!!!!.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The sole reason I like Deathmatch is the seesaw bar, the rest is ok but not a deal breaker for me. WH2 SNES you can have the seesaw bar on regular matches and the regular life bar on death matches, pretty damn rad! Plus the 4 button setup works pretty damn good, those extra options should have been added to Gorgeous...I know, it's a pickle but hey, I can dream...

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
WHP is the best. In fact, it's actually a really good game. Probably underrated.

For me, best played on the PS2 via Gorgeous/Anthology as you can set all 6-buttons independently. I've never liked that 2x buttons for HP/HK (same goes for SS1/SS2 too, unfortunately)

ErFava

n00b
WH2. Not only for deathmach, it's a very good improvement, WH is really mediocre....

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
WHP is the best. In fact, it's actually a really good game. Probably underrated.

For me, best played on the PS2 via Gorgeous/Anthology as you can set all 6-buttons independently. I've never liked that 2x buttons for HP/HK (same goes for SS1/SS2 too, unfortunately)

WHP some commands require a 3 button press regardless...

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
World Heroes Perfect for me although I've just realised I've never played the original World Heroes. I really must get it...

The Death Match mode on WH2 is a great feature that should have been in the others.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Since ElectricGrave told me why I am not fun in worldhero, I spent time a week to play again all saga ... I meet that it's ok and WHP is amazing really... moving and combo is fun ... I feel sad to walk away this game very long time ...

Mudman is my favorite :D

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What do I have to do with any of this? Self discovery...it's all on you, enjoy your games...and your duplicates.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Just had a blast playing some wh2j with a buddy. The clash system is really good and makes for some epic matches. Especially when its down to a slither of life

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
2. Deathmatch made this series stand apart the most for me.

Deathmatch mode was one of the features that got me hooked on World Heroes in the arcades back in the day. It's a shame we didn't see more games with this feature.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Just had a blast playing some wh2j with a buddy. The clash system is really good and makes for some epic matches. Especially when its down to a slither of life

Yeah, clashing system is awesome.

I prefer WH in chronological order from new to told, each game was better than the last. DM mode is fun but not a deal breaker for me.