What will KOF 12 be like?

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
Do you think Mukai will return as a boss? Is there a higher power greater than Mukai and Magaki? Will we see that greater power in 12? Is Ash really a villain? Will Mukai's band of thugs finally show up in 12(like that one girl that killed Chizuru in the 2003 ending)? What do you all think?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Find out next year. Same bat time, same bat channel.

Who knows if the series is still gonna go on? SNK-P will probably do something dumb.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
_Exiled_ said:
Do you think Mukai will return as a boss? Is there a higher power greater than Mukai and Magaki? Will we see that greater power in 12? Is Ash really a villain? Will Mukai's band of thugs finally show up in 12(like that one girl that killed Chizuru in the 2003 ending)? What do you all think?

I sincerely doubt Mukai will return as the main boss; after XI that leaves 2/5 left on the bosses roster shown at the end of 2K3. The Hand they're standing on is probably the higher power you're refering about, which I along with everyone else don't know who it is. Ash is more or less shown to be the antagonist in the past two KOF's and the anime short (which he's also shown with Elizabeth so they'll probably be on a team together in XII); don't have a comment on what direction they will taking with Ash (It looks like he's the villian now, but people seem to be saying that he'll actually be the hero by the end) as SNK-P seems to be putting alot of plot twists around this saga in general. The resurrection of "Maki" along with her mirrored image "Chizuru"(Remember that the sacred mirror has that ability to bring to life an duplicate form) were controlled by the fox girl (shown with puppet strings and a fox around her neck) whom is one of the bosses shown in the 2k3 ending. With Chizuru and Iori missing their powers, its definite that they'll play a role in it later on. For all I know they'll probably bring back Chris, Mature, and Vice seeing as even though they're hinted that they're dead, SNK didn't actually go that far to show what happened to them.

Last edited:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
i just hope they decide to make a new game(sprites and everything) and get rid of some of the new options like cancelling soo much exesive shit and tag comboing and shit.

edit: p.s. the hand they are standing on is mukai's.

Last edited:

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
i just hope they decide to make a new game(sprites and everything) and get rid of some of the new options like cancelling soo much exesive shit and tag comboing and shit.

Isn't he the one standing on the right side crouching or is it only for visual effects, oh well it doesn't make that much of a difference.

E=MC2

yeah mukai is the one crouching as his boss team friends are being showed to the audience while you see his hand cause hes been defeated and is dead. its not like their showing somebody elses hand and then showing the bosses seperattely.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
I think Ash is gunna get Kyo's flame too. Ash will then be the only fighter to be able to kill the final boss(well, he'll have the only true ending if u use his team). And simply state that the 3 would not have given thier powers to him of own free will so he had to 'borrow' them by force, for the greater good.....Maybe after obtaining all the power and killing the final boss, ash will be consumed in the power he has and become evil and be the true end boss?!?!?

Stay tuned....

ray_7

MUSOLINI said:

New sprites eh? As much as we wanted that to happen, it won't.

Sad, but true.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
redrawn sprites would be cool for about a month and then ..... *poof*

not worth it. And even if it happens, ppl would still bitch about how these new sprites are shit compared to the old ones .....etc

KOF XI seems to have enough visual improvement IMO. They just need to focus in the details (again, XI was big improvement in that department, but still ...... not on par with the old snk stuff)

as for getting rid off cancels and such, we already have dream matches for every 4 games.

just throwing my 2 cents here :)

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
MUSOLINI said:
yeah mukai is the one crouching as his boss team friends are being showed to the audience while you see his hand cause hes been defeated and is dead. its not like their showing somebody elses hand and then showing the bosses seperattely.

So Mukai is crouching.....on his own hand?:spock: :conf: I must be missing something here, or how is that possible?

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
ajk1080 said:
I think Ash is gunna get Kyo's flame too. Ash will then be the only fighter to be able to kill the final boss(well, he'll have the only true ending if u use his team). And simply state that the 3 would not have given thier powers to him of own free will so he had to 'borrow' them by force, for the greater good.....Maybe after obtaining all the power and killing the final boss, ash will be consumed in the power he has and become evil and be the true end boss?!?!?

Stay tuned....

Personally, I'd prefer the powers consume him, destroying him altogether, but that's just me.

Anyway, back to the topic.

It'll be another tag fighter with another absurdly cheapass boss with a cheap multiple hitting full screen DM/LDM that you'll be force to block and thus, will be his/her/it's trump card everytime you're low on life.

Seriously, SNKP needs some more originality.

E=MC2

_Exiled_ said:
So Mukai is crouching.....on his own hand?:spock: :conf: I must be missing something here, or how is that possible?

you aint missing anything, its just mukais hand, as hes lying down cause hes defeated, besides nobody is standing "on" his hand. as you see his hand you see his last memmoery sort of, his friends and he in a pose together. nothing special really though. its like an anime scene or something. its really not that hard to get man.

at k'127, yourre wrong man. even now when i play sf3ts i marvel at the sprites , the animation, the graphics and music, everything is just right. ofcoure the playabillety is just perfect too. if you make new sprites, and make them look good and animated like sf3, then i along with a shitload of people will be pleased. the gameplay really hasnt been improving at all, at least improve the sprites then, maybe they can change the play too afterwards.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
I'll be amazed if they ever have re-drawn/new sprites on any one game, especially the King of Fighters. Even Street Fighter III recycled their game sprites twice over (not to mention for other "vs" games). I keep thinking back to the "Capcom vs" series which all they did was recycle old sprites, which is heavily noticable when you compared the newer sprites like the Street Fighter 3 and SNK renditions (most of them recycled once again in the sequal) to plain recycled ones like Sakura and Morrigan. At least SVC chaos had the decency to re-draw the Capcom sprites and we know how great that game turned out.

Last edited:

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
So where did Mukai and his friends go at the end of 2003? I really didn't understand the ending as much. Thanks to all who answers this.

E=MC2

mukai died, along with the boss from XI (forgot his name), meaning 2 of the 5 are dead( this is so like orochi chapter, 97 anyone), and 1 guy fromt the pic along with the 2 chicks (one from XI) are still alive.

so i think they will be like the orochi team from 97, though i really dont know for sure if they will use them like this and/ or if they will be choosable from the start as a normall team and with a cheat they get dragonpowered like 97 orochi team, going orochi mode. the last boss has to be gaia, orochis lover, it could be that 1 of the 2 chicks from the 2k3 ending is actually gaia, the one on the far left, since she seems to be standing by herselfe.

besides one thing i dont uderstand about orochi and gaia, snkp (not snk) made it so that gaia is orochis lover, gaia is female. orochi 97 was a male but orochi can come in male and female form, it probably depends on which pure blooded virgin host body he uses, like a male or female (97 was chris, but it could have been shermie and then orochi probably would have been female). so does this mean gaia is always female, so in fact a bisexual lady (hope so:mr_t: ) or that gaia can also use the from of a male or either female:eek_2: .

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
Thanks for answering. I really kinda get how the story goes now:) I also heard a rumor that Iori might not have a projectile in 12. Do you think it sounds legit?

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Wow, I never would have interpreted Orochi as being Gia's lover, I always thought it was more of a 'most cherished servant' type of position that Orochi occupied. Is that the official line in the story? I know in 97 he says he's 'one' with mighty Gai, but I would never have imagined it to be so literal a statement.

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
I never knew that either.

By the way, will 12 be the last game in the saga? Or will it span more than 3 games?

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
mukai died, along with the boss from XI (forgot his name), meaning 2 of the 5 are dead( this is so like orochi chapter, 97 anyone), and 1 guy fromt the pic along with the 2 chicks (one from XI) are still alive.

I thought Shion died in XI, so doesn't that leave 2? If anything they'll probably bring back several from the old orochi saga along with several new ones. I personally hope they bring in a few from Garou mainly Hotaru, Rock, and the two Kaphwan brothers. It would be interesting/unoriginal if they include the other characters from fatal fury (Andy, Joe, and Mai) on a team whom were absent from XI.

Last edited: