What on earth is going on with eBay...

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
it is just BS by the seller to justify his auction...

it obvious that he bought it to resell it later for big bucks!

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
In my experience with eBay, "untested" means "doesn't work".

Usually, but sometimes there are circumstances where you genuinely don't have the ability to test it. My parents found a bunch of GBA games in a rental property and at the time I didn't have any way to test them.

Sure enough, sold them on eBay for quite a bit. There were like 3 legit pokemons in there though.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I am disappointed in this pricing... The original Crossed Swords is pry my favorite AES game I own. I wish some one would flood the market and make this worthless...

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
I am disappointed in this pricing... The original Crossed Swords is pry my favorite AES game I own. I wish some one would flood the market and make this worthless...

flooding the market lately only works for a short time, but i guess some time is better then no time.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
flooding the market lately only works for a short time, but i guess some time is better then no time.

Mainly I think people who collect games for investment rather then for entertainment. It kills the hobby for all. The video game market is so unstable too...

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
Mainly I think people who collect games for investment rather then for entertainment. It kills the hobby for all. The video game market is so unstable too...
that's very true.I look at some prices compared to just a year ago and its frustrating, I just look and shake my head. Im very interested to see what happens when the bubble bursts.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
that's very true.I look at some prices compared to just a year ago and its frustrating, I just look and shake my head. Im very interested to see what happens when the bubble bursts.

Its going to be hard for a bubble to burst when the products are only becoming more and more scarce.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
You may be right, but maybe not. It depends on the on going interest. You can never predict if more people just stop caring about a certain system, console, or handheld device and its media or if it becomes more important not to take it in the ass and just get roms and emulators. Nintendo and TG/PCE is horrid now in the 8/16bit level, but then you look at Sega and thanks to them being mostly irrelevant now and raping their fan base with stupid stunts in the 90s they're pretty cheap pick ups, especially game gear, yet you do have specialized poachers making the SegaCD ridiculous.

Neo-Geo is a tough one, I haven't watched it long term, but look what these games priced out for back in their day, compare it to now. I'm sure some of you are used to buying them for prices in the sub $100 ranges for a good many, especially loose, but realistically they're not expensive against where they had been.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
You may be right, but maybe not. It depends on the on going interest. You can never predict if more people just stop caring about a certain system, console, or handheld device and its media or if it becomes more important not to take it in the ass and just get roms and emulators. Nintendo and TG/PCE is horrid now in the 8/16bit level, but then you look at Sega and thanks to them being mostly irrelevant now and raping their fan base with stupid stunts in the 90s they're pretty cheap pick ups, especially game gear, yet you do have specialized poachers making the SegaCD ridiculous.

Neo-Geo is a tough one, I haven't watched it long term, but look what these games priced out for back in their day, compare it to now. I'm sure some of you are used to buying them for prices in the sub $100 ranges for a good many, especially loose, but realistically they're not expensive against where they had been.

Yeah dude, arcade games were being released at an average of $4000 when arcades were relevant. Based on that, the prices haven't really skyrocketed like they have for regular home console games. Only NG games I could imagine that would get $4000+ would be a proto for an unreleased game.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I doubt there will ever be a day when people just stop caring about a certain system or its games and the market crashes.

Look at any hobby thats been around for more than ~30years and you see the same thing happening. Cars, Music, Comics, Coins, etc.

Right now, its mostly nostalgia driving the prices but eventually it will turn into "owning a piece of history". Not many people buy or restore a Model T because it was nostalgic, but because of its history.

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
I doubt there will ever be a day when people just stop caring about a certain system or its games and the market crashes.

Look at any hobby thats been around for more than ~30years and you see the same thing happening. Cars, Music, Comics, Coins, etc.

Right now, its mostly nostalgia driving the prices but eventually it will turn into "owning a piece of history". Not many people buy or restore a Model T because it was nostalgic, but because of its history.

music is cheap now, cds are pennies on the dollar, even comics have the TPB versions of very expensive comics. the main difference is that those mediums have been around a lot longer. The same goes for games, repos are now super cheap compared to the original releases. Musha case in point. when things like repos or reprints start happening that usually means we on the downside of the bell curve. Again I use comic books a comparison. Gen 13 #1 was at one point a 1300 dollar book, now its in most 1 dollar bens