What is Dive Alert like?

Shapur

n00b
I've been looking for some good non-fighting games for my NGPC and theres not much out there. I've already played Sonic and the Metal Slugs into the ground.

What is Dive Alert like? Is it any good, or should I just go for one of the more RPGish games like Biomotor or Dark Arms.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Shapur said:
I've been looking for some good non-fighting games for my NGPC and theres not much out there. I've already played Sonic and the Metal Slugs into the ground.

What is Dive Alert like? Is it any good, or should I just go for one of the more RPGish games like Biomotor or Dark Arms.

There's tons of great non-fighting games for the NGPC:

RPG wise, you got:
Dark Arm: Beast Busters 1999
Faselei!
SVC Card Fighter's Clash ~ Snk Supporters
SVC Card Fighter's Clash ~ Capcom Supporters

Puzzle wise, you got:
Bust-A-Move (Puzzle Bobble Mini)
Puzzle Link 1
Puzzle Link 2
Puyo Pop (Puyo Puyo Tsu)
Shanghai Mini

Arcade wise:
Crush Roller
Pac-Man

Sports wise, you got Neo Turf Masters. I'm no good at either Baseball or Tennis, so I can't really get into Baseball Stars or Pocket Tennis.

Dive Alert is not for everyone. It's a submarine simulation, so that means you're blind except for the sonar guidance, and gameplay is pretty much like guiding small triangles to shoot teeny-ass blobs.

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
Neo Turfmasters and Puzzle Bobble Mini (Bust-a-move) get the most play on my NGPC...

Lone_Monster

Kula's Candy
Dive Alert, in my opinion, is crap, so I'd stay away from it, unless you're collecting the games. I'd say go for games like CardFighters Clash, Dark Arms, Puzzle Link, or Crush Roller, which I think are all pretty good non-fighting games.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Dive Alert is quite boring. And darn hard at that. Not really compelling by any means.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Truth be told, I liked Dive Alert, but I'm the die hardest of die hard Sacnoth fanbois, and it's set in the same universe as Faselei!

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
For baseball you want Dynamite Slugger. It kicks the crap out of Baseball stars.

Kumavnmitsurugi

Marked Wolf
Skip Dive alert imo its boring (the first neo game i sold)

Definetly get puzzle bobble, and turf masters

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Boring and hard. The plot seemed like it might have been interestng if I'd kept going, but the battles, the battles....

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
If you enjoy simulation games that rely more on story and statistics, you might enjoy Dive Alert.

If you prefer pick-up & play type games with nice graphics, this isn't for you.

All that said, I like Dive Alert.
If you like those types of games and can find it cheap, its worth it.

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
jedipie said:
its ok - just dont sell it cheapy - esp Becky's!

I paid $20 for my complete/near-mint US copy of "Matt's".
After playing it enough, I'd say that paying anything more than $20 for the game is too much, in my opinion.

Robert

20 Year Member
Cardfighters games are the way to go!!!
HOURS of good gaming experiences.