What are some DS games that are obscure/rare that I may have missed?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I'm gong on an all out DS-collecting rampage.

I figure its the system that most fits my taste of gaming.

So far in the past week I've picked up 13 games.

Now tell me, what games I need to look for?

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I'm gong on an all out DS-collecting rampage.

I figure its the system that most fits my taste of gaming.

So far in the past week I've picked up 13 games.

Now tell me, what games I need to look for?

There are so many obscure gems for the DS.

You could start with(not all of these are very obscure):

Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
Either of the Etrian Odyssey games
Both of the Castlevania games
Both of the Advance Wars games
Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory, but Hotel Dusk is the better of the two.
Contra IV(definitely pick this up)
Final Fantasy IV...one hell of a remake.
FF Tactics A2...great sequel to Tactics Advance.
Children of Mana

I just bought Disgaea DS today...it looks fantastic. I'll probably be buying Dragon Quest 4 later this week.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
You want obscure?? How about Neves If you like puzzle games or ever used Tangrams when you were younger, you might like this. Basically, you are given a shape to make out of all the pieces. You can rotate them and move them around. I like it because I lose the pieces in real life. It's good for a quick game and then I turn it off.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Glory Days

Panzer Tactics DS

Space Invaders Extreme

i love them all. Panzer tactics is much more slower paced than Advance Wars, because the battles last forever, and in some ways a little clumsy on the control scheme, but it is a nice diversion from Advance Wars, and it seems more fun to be pushing real war machine's around rather than fantasy equipment.

Space Invaders is good for short play sessions.

Glory Days is also great for short burst of run and gun fun.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
rare + obscure + unique game = electroplankton

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
rare + obscure + unique game = electroplankton

Yes, this is probably one of the harder games to find. I am not really sure if it is worth the going rate though.

If you missed them the first time around, ClubHouse Games and Hotel Dusk just got re released at $20 and they are both excellent. Also, Tetris DS is very good but can be hard to find.

Space Invaders Extreme is very good and only $20 as well.

The DS is a great system to collect for. I actually tend to rent more now but I still buy a game about one a month for the DS.

dark penguin

Also, I finally JUST started playing Rondo of Swords. Looking good so far...the system is quite a bit different than other fantasy strat RPGs I've played. I really like the character art and sprites.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Also, I finally JUST started playing Rondo of Swords. Looking good so far...the system is quite a bit different than other fantasy strat RPGs I've played. I really like the character art and sprites.

Rondo of Swords is a great game but hard as nails. I gave up after spending three hours on one stage. I have read that a lot of people just quit and then start over since there are ways to screw your self out of being able to clear an area.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Picked up Hotel Dusk and Final Fantasy Tactics today.

dark penguin

Picked up Hotel Dusk and Final Fantasy Tactics today.

I loved both of those games. I've spent somewhere near 100 hrs on FFTA2 so far.
Tons of content...should keep you busy for a while.

dark penguin

Rondo of Swords is a great game but hard as nails. I gave up after spending three hours on one stage. I have read that a lot of people just quit and then start over since there are ways to screw your self out of being able to clear an area.

I'm going to play some more tonight, but so far I'm really enjoying the somewhat different approach to turn-based strategy.

Having to charge through an opponent(or group of opponents) to do damage kind of threw me for a loop at first, but once you get used to the concept, it seems like a breath of fresh air for the genre.

The character/cut scene art is fantastic and so far the conversations seem way shorter(thank god) and much less annoying than any of the Fire Emblem games.

Hopefully this will end up beside Yggdra Union as an "under the radar" strat game that I ended up really loving.