Weekly Roundup 9-6-15

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Atari Lynx
Kung Food - Could be a good beat em up, but it lacks the "feel" of great beat em ups.
Rampart - Great game - too bad it isn't on other systems.
A.P.B. - Tonk would approve, as it's a big fuck you to cops. Excellent and challenging gameplay.

3DS/VC/DS
Double Dragon GB
River City Ransom
Puzzle and Dragons - Mario - Still stuck on the boss in world 3.
Pokemon Shuffle
Etrian Odyssey 2
Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns
3D Streets of Rage
River City Super Sports Challenge - Can't get behind this game. Very boring. Stick to Crash N the Boys street challenge.

PSP
Strikers 1945 +
Sonic Wings collection
SNK Classics Vol. 1
Power Stone Collection

NGPC
Magical Drop
Puzzle Bobble Mini

GBA - Lost 2 DS Lites when I moved, caved in and bought another one. Covered for someone at work and used the money to buy a used system at Gamestop.

Double Dragon - Excellent game, but very difficult.
River City Ransom EX

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Gamecube:
Animal Crossing
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

CD-i:
Tetris
Burn:Cycle
Lemmings

DS:
Animal Crossing: Wild World

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I think Tetris DS is still my favorite version but CD-i Tetris certainly isn't bad. It's also got a good version of Flashback.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
PS4:
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
Wii U:
Disney Infinity 3.0
The Wonderful 101
Splatoon

PC:
Star Trek Legacy Ultimate Universe
Ace Combat Assault Horizon

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
XBone:

Ori and the Blind Forest - Has some super frustrating platforming sections and the control is a little too loose for my tastes. Still fucking gorgeous and has easily my favorite soundtrack of any game this year.

PC:

Killing Floor 2 - Played it on Steam's free weekend. Amusing Left 4 Dead, horde mode kinda game with beautiful UE3 graphics. I'll likely never buy it because it would require playing with other assholes online. Still, fun to screw around with for a couple of days.

PS3:

Under Night In-Birth: EXE Late - After giving up on both GGXrd and BB:CPE, it's time to move on to the next anime fighter with a ridiculous acronym. Eventually I'll find one that I can play for more than an hour without getting bored.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
N64

Paper Mario - finally beat this one for the first time, such a great game and short enough to warrant more playthroughs

MVS
Metal Slug 5
Puzzle Bobble

GBC
Wario Land 3

Arcade
Tekken Tag Tournament

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
N64

Paper Mario - finally beat this one for the first time, such a great game and short enough to warrant more playthroughs

I was wondering if you were still playing this. I'm still chipping away at it lol. Just finished making the cake for that fat shy guy so I suppose that's about halfway or so? idk I'll probably have it finished this week.

N64:
Paper Mario

PS3:
Valkyria Chronicles
BloodRayne Betrayel

DS:
Ace Attorney 3

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS4
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain

Damn the enemies in this are no joke you really gotta play it smart.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I was wondering if you were still playing this. I'm still chipping away at it lol. Just finished making the cake for that fat shy guy so I suppose that's about halfway or so? idk I'll probably have it finished this week.

N64:
Paper Mario

PS3:
Valkyria Chronicles
BloodRayne Betrayel

DS:
Ace Attorney 3

Yeah that's about the halfway point. It seems that the chapters get a bit shorter as time goes on to avoid burnout and keep things lively, that's what it seemed to me anyways. The boss battle wrh Bowser is actually pretty tricky

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
PS4
- Resident Evil HD
- Resident Evil Revelations
- Metal Gear Solid V

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nintendo DS
- Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
The final difficulty setting I unlocked, Master Ninja, was just as nasty as I expected, but, after much frustration and profanity, not to mention sore wrists/arms from using the stylus so much, I finally beat it and acquired all 45 wooden amulets to unlock all of Muramasa's prizes, so, that's another game that I can shelf as 100% completed. I can clear Normal mode in about 5 hours, but Master Ninja mode took me 20+, partly because I had to grind for essence to afford Muramasa's double-priced items (you REALLY need the health/sword upgrades as soon as they're available for that difficulty level), but mostly because the game saves all of your play time, even when you continue without making any progress, and I died a lot. Aside from more numerous enemies, who are all much more aggressive and skillful than they normally are, the only other addition to Master Ninja mode was an Evil Ryu Clone mini boss battle in the twelth chapter, which the programmers "thoughtfully" shoe-horned in literally pixels away from a save point located after a series of tough battles. All-in-all, a very good NDS game that I'd recommend to any of you that like action games (only $3 at GameStop too!), but I still really wish that it had a Boss Rush mode.

Sega Master System
- Line of Fire
Vertical shooter based on the 1st-person lightgun arcade game.

- Lord of the Sword
A generic, simplified version of side-view Action RPGs like NES Zelda II: Link's Adventure or Castlevania II: Simon's Quest.

Sega Game Gear
- Ninja Gaiden
This Sega-developed handheld version is short and mediocre at best--nowhere near as good as Tecmo's NES games (thankfully, it's not as hard as them either though). Irritatingly, ANY enemy in the game can easily air juggle you to death if you make physical contact with them while airborne (you kind of "adhere" to them while taking hit-after-hit as you bounce off of them)--there were several play testers listed in the credits at the end of the game, how they didn't pick up on that, and report it for fixing, is beyond me (a short invincibility window after taking damage would have solved it nicely). The third stage is an auto-scrolling skyscraper climb, which seems more appropriate for a Spider-man game than Ninja Gaiden--I lost a lot of lives there. The last stage is also pretty nasty in that it's full of hazards/enemies that you pretty much have to speed run through in order to have enough seconds left on the stingy timer in order to have a chance of defeating all three forms of the final boss before the clock runs out.

Sega Genesis
- Road Blasters

Super Nintendo
- Super Metroid Justin Bailey Hack (2002 Auximines)
I've played, and beaten, Super Metroid several times in the past, so, I gave this alteration a spin just for variety's sake. As you can probably guess from the subtitle, this is a homage to the NES secret game mode, allowing you to play through the entire game with Samus in a one-piece swimsuit instead of her usual power suit (the garment just changes color when you get the Varia and Gravity armors). Auximines did a really nice, professional job on Samus' new sprites (they even made her breasts jiggle when she runs) and I didn't notice any bugs or glitches anywhere as a result of their tinkering either. When you think about it, it's actually kind of surprising that Nintendo didn't just do this themselves as a bonus for clearing the game for the first time. Ultimately, this is just a cosmetic thing, and doesn't affect the gameplay at all, but, it's still pretty cool.

justin04.pngjustin06.pngjustin09.png

PC
- Freecell
- Solitaire

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah that's about the halfway point. It seems that the chapters get a bit shorter as time goes on to avoid burnout and keep things lively, that's what it seemed to me anyways. The boss battle wrh Bowser is actually pretty tricky

Yeah I noticed that. The first couple of chapters felt longer but the most recent chapters were short as hell. So I guess it wasn't just my imagination lol.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
In tribute to the late Wes Craven, I've been playing a lot of 'Nightmare On Elm Street' for the NES. I still haven't beaten it, but I'm getting close. I think it's an underrated game. While it frustrates me, I keep coming back for more.