Weekly Roundup 7-17-16

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
3DS
Pokemon Shuffle
Legend of the Mystical Ninja - Can't even beat the first boss on this game.
Super Mario World
Kirby Planet Robobot
7th Dragon III - Looks horrible - like a Saturn game.

Vita
Odin Sphere

PS4
Odin Sphere
Star Ocean 5

Dreamcast
Typing of the Dead

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS4
Odin Sphere

Neo-Geo
2020 Super Baseball
Cyber-Lip

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
WiiU
Mario Kart 8
Tokyo Mirage Sessions

Saturn
Bomberman
Virtua Fighter 2

Mac
Endless Legend
Higarushi, When They Cry

PS4
Guilty Gear XRD Revelator

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
PS4
STREET FIGHTER V

PC
DEAD RISING 3

SATURN
PANZER DRAGOON SAGA
TRYRUSH DEPPY

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
PS4
Shadow of Mordor

Xbox One
Rise of the Tomb RIder

AES
Aero Fighters 2

MVS
Metal Slug X

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
360:
bioshock infinite
didn't like this when i first played it because of how different it was from the previous games. but it's the one i ended up playing the most. just love the atmosphere and the setting. i could spend hours just roaming around.

saturn:
darius gaiden :buttrock:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
360:
bioshock infinite
didn't like this when i first played it because of how different it was from the previous games. but it's the one i ended up playing the most. just love the atmosphere and the setting. i could spend hours just roaming around.

saturn:
darius gaiden :buttrock:

Bioshock Infinite was such a disappointment for me (mainly because everybody pumped it up to be the best game ever). The concept was great. the art direction is great the story is great many of the characters are very interesting but man idk....maybe its because its too linear while the first one felt more like the classic RE formula where you basically stay in the same setting and open new areas as you get new keys and abilities...

...I know there was something about the gameplay that bugged me but i can't really remember. Something about the zip lines and the way plasmids worked was off.

all in all it was a good game and I also really liked the DLC. I should do like you and give it another shot....soon as finally get around to finishing the second game.

Also hell yes to Darius Gaiden! I used to play the hell out of that and I need to finally need to finish it but that game is looooong.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
3DS

Mario Kart 7

GBC

Dragon Warrior I

Arcade

Mat Mania

I've been in a movie mood lately.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
PC

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

PS4

Resident Evil 5-Mercenaries

PSP (via emulation and Vita)

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Grand Knight's History

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
read my mind dude. pretty much the same reasons i didn't like infinite at first. the game was too linear in comparison to the previous titles. the special moves and power ups were not as good this time around. and the combat was off.

bioshock's combat is more like older fps games like golden eye or turok. which wasn't a problem in the first two games, because the game took place in tight corridors and blocked off rooms. but in infinite, the layout of the levels and enemies are designed more like modern fps games. but they kept the same older combat style as the previews games, which just doesn't work very well. most the time, i don't know what direction or by what i'm being shot at. and i find that i have to get very close to the enemies for my shots to even connect.

but the reason i always come back to infinite is that atmosphere and visuals. i just love the world and setting.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Wii U

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Muramasa (Wii)

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Super Famicom
- Wizardry Gaiden IV: Throb of The Demon's Heart
A guy I know, and his team of translators/hackers, have pretty much finished fully translating this Japan-only RPG into English. I already beat the original Japanese version years ago, but, as my understanding of that language is very poor (I can read hiragana/katakana, but my knowledge of kanji is very limited), I understood very little of the story during my playthrough, so, I'm going through it again to finally get the full picture of what was going on and to also help said friend find bugs/errors in their translation/reprogramming. This is old-school, hardcore D&D gameplay (i.e., negative Armor Class, spell levels/slots instead of MP, weapon damage determined by dice rolls, permanent death if resurrection spells fail on your player characters' ashes, etc.), so, if that doesn't appeal to you, stay far, far away. However, if you do like that type of thing, this game is, in my opinion, the best, and deepest, Wizardry title I've ever played.

PC
- Freecell
- Solitaire

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
PS4
Dishonored
MLB16 The Show
Uncharted 4 (still trying to get this to work. It's been broken since release)

Vita
Trigger happy havoc

NGCD
Blue's Journey

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
read my mind dude. pretty much the same reasons i didn't like infinite at first. the game was too linear in comparison to the previous titles. the special moves and power ups were not as good this time around. and the combat was off.

bioshock's combat is more like older fps games like golden eye or turok. which wasn't a problem in the first two games, because the game took place in tight corridors and blocked off rooms. but in infinite, the layout of the levels and enemies are designed more like modern fps games. but they kept the same older combat style as the previews games, which just doesn't work very well. most the time, i don't know what direction or by what i'm being shot at. and i find that i have to get very close to the enemies for my shots to even connect.

but the reason i always come back to infinite is that atmosphere and visuals. i just love the world and setting.

I had the same problem with Infinite. I also felt the time grab object mechanic could have been used better. What also irked me was.... the game's railroading is more apparent because you wander about and are forced to initiate the action that sets off the events.... etc.
It would have been loads better if you had ways to avoid detection, and sneak through the game.... really felt like a game that should have had that.