Weekly Round up 11-15-15

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
A little early as I have to get up for work tomorrow.

PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes

Vita
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC
Pinball Arcade

3DS/DS
Pokemon Shuffle - Finally managed to beat #120 after a few months by piling on the coin-bought powerups.
Puzzle & Dragons Z
Dragon Quest IX

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
ps2
shinobido

twenty hours in and still on chapter two.i believe the missions must be completed under certain circumstances or the story does not advance.not bothered because the game play is awesome.

shadow of mordor

one of my favourite games of the generation. put in over eighty hours and still counting.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
-PS4-
WWE 2k16
GTA V: Online
Fallout 4

-PSVita-
Persona 4: Dancing All Night

Last edited:

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
This seems fun, I'm game.

Wii
Magical Drop 3, Checked it out. Its OK. Not worth hunting down the original though.

XBox 360
Discovered I own KOF 13, played it for 30 min or so, then went back to working on my nanowrimo.

This month is hard as I have to write 1667 words per day for nanowrimo.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
This seems fun, I'm game.

Wii
Magical Drop 3, Checked it out. Its OK. Not worth hunting down the original though.

XBox 360
Discovered I own KOF 13, played it for 30 min or so, then went back to working on my nanowrimo.

This month is hard as I have to write 1667 words per day for nanowrimo.

My brother did that nanowrimo thing. He said it was a great experience, but wouldn't share the book with me.

I started a new save in Skyrim and am finding the game really enjoyable the second time through. The "random start" mod is really cool. About to hit 200 hour mark.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Saturn
Galactic Attack - such a fun game

GBA
Final Fantasy II - I may put this one down, as I'm not into it at all and its only been a total of an hour and a half playtime.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Still FFXIII

I need those Trapezohedrons.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Got maybe two hours of COD: Black Ops III on PS4.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Saturn
Galactic Attack - such a fun game

GBA
Final Fantasy II - I may put this one down, as I'm not into it at all and its only been a total of an hour and a half playtime.

did the same.played ff1 and loved it,so i thought i'll give the sequel a try.ff2 was just boring and over complicated imo. played it for maybe two hours and gave up.

and galactic attack has the most kick ass intro for a shmup,don't you think?.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Dreamcast
KOF 00

nice.was actually thinking about the kof ports for the dreamcast today.if i could find a good dreamcast stick,i might get all the kof games for the system.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
nice.was actually thinking about the kof ports for the dreamcast today.if i could find a good dreamcast stick,i might get all the kof games for the system.

MC Cthulhu is your friend.

PS3:
Dark Souls 2

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
My brother did that nanowrimo thing. He said it was a great experience, but wouldn't share the book with me.

I started a new save in Skyrim and am finding the game really enjoyable the second time through. The "random start" mod is really cool. About to hit 200 hour mark.

Well, its 1667 words a day, which is basically word-vomit. (AKA the first draft).

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
PS4-

Fallout 4

PC Engine-

Salamander (I'm pretty shit at this game and haven't even made it to the first boss yet :()

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
PC

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Fallout 4-it was gifted to me so I started playing it. Played for about 2 hours and it's boring as fuck so far. I can't judge the game on 2 hours but the opening scene was terrible. The new dialogue system really sucks.

RPG Maker MV-not really a 'game' but I've tooled around with it because I'm writing a review. It's rather involved and it's really cool seeing how you can put a great old school RPG together but man, this would be a lot of work for a passion project that hardly anyone would ever play.

PS4

Wasteland 2-This game is pretty awful. Derivative, redundant and a pale shadow of the original. They should have made this a dungeon crawl with an overworld.

Dragon Quest Heroes-Really good, but kinda grindy if you want to do all the side quests.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate-Finally did all the collectibles and main story missions. There are Queen Victoria missions after the story is done, and the game ends on a rather disappointing note. The story takes the predictable route of the brother and sister characters getting mad at one another out of the blue for stupid and underdeveloped reasons so that when they finally start to have that divide, it doesn't make any sense and doesn't feel real. Then, at the end they let bygones be bygones and decide to keep working together. These are two grownass people that are assassins and are taking on a huge responsibility. But I guess they can still squabble like normal folks. Stupid. Game is pretty good but Unity has done its damage to this franchise. The mighty have fallen.

Vita

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years-I need to finish this.

3DS

Dragon Quest IV

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
PS4
Fallout 4 - a few design changes I like, others...not so much. The Witcher 3 is still my choice for GotY.
Warframe - closing in on PSU for most time I've ever given a game (2,400 hours).
Dying Light - started a second playthrough; best zombie game I've ever played.

Vita
Suikoden - started another playthrough while waiting for FO4.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nintendo DS

- Spectrobes
This is basically a Pokemon knockoff set in outer space, which kind of gives it a Phantasy Star feel, aesthetically. However, unlike Pokemon, you dig your creatures up, in the form of fossils, out of the ground, in a fun little touch screen game, instead of capturing them with Pokeballs, and you then awaken them, using the DS microphone, at your ship's lab. The real-time battles and the combat mechanics are kind of blah, but I'm enjoying searching for and excavating stuff, raising/evolving critters, and exploring. While I'm entertained for the moment, I know, from past experience with various Pokemon titles, that my enthusiasm for these types of games tends to wane around the 10-20 hour mark, so, I don't know if I'll end up finishing this one or not.

- Brain Age2: More Training in Minutes a Day!
After 22 continuous days of playing, I finally unlocked the final training game yesterday. Dr. Kawashima also occasionally unlocks Hard modes for the various games as well, so, while I've probably experienced everything that this title has to offer now, I'm still going to play it for a while yet to see if anything else pops out of the woodwork. I also completed 100% of the Sudoku puzzles, on all three difficulty levels, and that practice finally paid off, as I was able to successfully solve two "real" Sudoku puzzles, in the back of a magazine, the other day too.

- LEGO Battles
I beat all 90 levels in Story mode, found all of the red bricks and mini kits, and bought all of the characters/maps from the store, as such, other than popping it in for Free Play matches every now and then, I'm finally finished with this one. Thankfully, as I had hoped, the two multiplayer trophies I have no way to earn don't count towards 100% game completion.

Gameboy

- Ninja Spirit
Until I read the recent Hardcore Gaming 101 article about this game, I didn't even know that the original gray-scale Gameboy had ever gotten a port of it (I was only familliar with the TG16/PCE version). Considering the limitations of the hardware, Bits Studio (the UK company that also ported Irem's R-Type to the Gameboy) did a pretty nice job on their Gameboy rendition. The multi-hit life bar Gameboy Mode is relatively easy (I beat it on the first try, albeit using continues), but you can play with the arcade-style, one-hit deaths if you want more challenge too.

PC
- Freecell
- Solitaire

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
PC: Assassin's Creed Syndicate

I've never played any of these games before. Received a free game code for this via a recent hardware purchase. Fun game(can see why people like it). Downside though is you seem to need a pretty beefy video card. Even though I have a 6-core i7 & 32gb memory.. my gtx 590 sli's cause the game to run a bit choppy(even on low settings). This is the 1st time these cards have failed me(they can handle Black Ops III & Fallout 4 no problem).

[EDIT]: If I run the game at 1920×1080 it's not so bad. But at 2560x1440.. that's where these 590's suffer.

Last edited: