Voice acting in videogames is rubbish

Sword dude

n00b
Just avoid rpg's in the super early era's and you should survive. Ye can't get worse than that

That being said voice acting for arcade esk games where excellent. It's classic stuff

Also got a soft spot for the occasional terrible english voice acting in many SNK games with them announcers.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Cheesy voice acting has a certain charm, but I agree that most of the voice actors in games seem to be reading a script with no idea of the context.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I just started Death Stranding and holy shit the voice actor for Del Toro’s character is some of the worst delivery I’ve ever heard.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
People playing videogames in movies and TV is also awful, to be fair

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I seem to post something along these lines every few years or so.
Yeah I know this too. You doing all right brother? I can't articulate what it is, but I understand what you're saying, I just don't know how to respond. I think this goes deeper than games, though. I've been thinking about this thread the past week. I dunno. But yeah I hear ya.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Mass Effect, Persona 3 Reload and 5 (along with it's spinoffs), System Shock 2 and 1 Remake, FF15, and FF7 Remake all have stellar voice acting. The majority of other games are at least serviceable. I don't know what you're on about.

We've come a very long way from 90's cheese.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Strikey Sisters on Switch has intentionally bad voice acting. The game itself is fantastic, too. Very reminiscent of MVS stuff in terms of graphical style and pick-up-and-play.