Trump Bucks just arrived, err stimulus funds.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Got some $$ (not full $1200) but it goes back right into the hobby (buying more MVS games), dang, just realized even some supposedly common MVS carts have gone up in prices and are also getting much harder to find.

I did it 8 years ago and it was the best decision ever by sending resumes everywhere. Luckily I only rented studio apartment there and could pack everything in a car and moved back to Midwest like a college kid.

What? To end up in Detroit?
I thought you used to live in Vegas
Anyways, nice to hear you're OK!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Got some $$ (not full $1200) but it goes back right into the hobby (buying more MVS games), dang, just realized even some supposedly common MVS carts have gone up in prices and are also getting much harder to find.

I did it 8 years ago and it was the best decision ever by sending resumes everywhere. Luckily I only rented studio apartment there and could pack everything in a car and moved back to Midwest like a college kid.

I can’t really complain as I’m pretty comfortable thanks to generational wealth. My parents own their home outright and I’m living in what was my grandparents home which I inherited. I couldn’t pass up living there.

Glad you were able to move. I worry mainly about the low income folks, or even the people making like $15+ an hour in a service job but who live in the SF Bay Area or LA or any of the other places where the cost of living is just insane. It’s tough to start from nothing and have a vast majority of your cash go to rent.

I think at this point I’d like to get some land. That might be enough to get me to move, but I still do need to work. Wish I didn’t but I do.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
What? To end up in Detroit?
I thought you used to live in Vegas
Anyways, nice to hear you're OK!

Nope, never lived in Vegas and although been there frequently while I lived there, NV isn't much better besides lower cost of living. The mentality in the Southwest is just something else. Obviously I don't live in epicenter like Detroit but the suburb where you can get nice apartment for under $1000.

I can’t really complain as I’m pretty comfortable thanks to generational wealth. My parents own their home outright and I’m living in what was my grandparents home which I inherited. I couldn’t pass up living there.

Glad you were able to move. I worry mainly about the low income folks, or even the people making like $15+ an hour in a service job but who live in the SF Bay Area or LA or any of the other places where the cost of living is just insane. It’s tough to start from nothing and have a vast majority of your cash go to rent.

I think at this point I’d like to get some land. That might be enough to get me to move, but I still do need to work. Wish I didn’t but I do.

I moved to LA area from Minnesota just to get foot in the door for a good career, it was worth moving to but getting out was more than just high rent/taxes, I was so sick of SoCal after 3 years (this is another topic) that I had to move back to Midwest for some sanity.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Oh man we gotta make a topic about whether American way of life can exist in other countries, come on Duf. DUFFAL0

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Oh man we gotta make a topic about whether American way of life can exist in other countries, come on Duf. DUFFAL0

If Australia wasn't mostly a desert it would exist quite strongly here.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
Which states don’t have property tax.

I truly dont understand how the state expects non-working elderly folks living on a fixed incomes to pay a property tax?
They all have property taxes sadly, it's a matter of which have the lowest... Apparently the lowest is in Sweet Home Alabama factoring both tax rate and home value.

Yeah, I agree about some kind of suspension/relief, most of the property taxes are for public schools which are all closed now, so we should get some kind of discount.

First time I heard China doesn't tax property, guess they weren't as doctrinaire communists as I thought.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
NJ has the highest property tax. Don't ask me how I know.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Doing some looking and it seems CA’s property tax rate isn’t too bad: that said the average value of property is significantly higher.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Property tax is ridiculous in FL. Feels like you're paying to rent your own fucking house. Since there's no tax bands or cap, if I owned a mansion worth 10x the amount in my home town I would pay less than I do here.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is an interesting thread in that it immediately defines your household income.
later scrubs :mr_t:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Property tax is ridiculous in FL. Feels like you're paying to rent your own fucking house. Since there's no tax bands or cap, if I owned a mansion worth 10x the amount in my home town I would pay less than I do here.

No state income tax though.

This is an interesting thread in that it immediately defines your household income.

Mr. pays depreciated annual value tax on a CLS and 911. ;)

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member

Lol, yeah. My wife stays at home and I pull in around 85. We couldn't live here if we didn't get the house in 2010 when prices were dirt low. People pay more than my mortgage to rent converted studio garage conversions. It's crazy.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Went to the IRS webpage and registered, guess it doesn't like my bank account.

I put in another and checked back, after a few days it said it didn't like that back account either and it says it will mail me out a check and I should get it by the end of the month.

IMMA get that signed limited edition!!!!

I got my check in the mail today.
It wasn't signed by Trump at all, not even in the memo section.
Instead it says:

ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENT
PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP

How disappointing!

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

When the revolution starts, we're coming for your games!

PS. Be about yo AGI, nigga!

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Lol, yeah. My wife stays at home and I pull in around 85. We couldn't live here if we didn't get the house in 2010 when prices were dirt low. People pay more than my mortgage to rent converted studio garage conversions. It's crazy.

Oh FUCK, 85k a year for a public school teacher! Goddamn dude, nice.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Insane salaries but insane cost of living. My cousin makes 80k roughly a year with a 2 year degree in the medical field working in Cali. Would only make 40-50k in other parts of the country though.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Well thanks Donnie and Congress for buying me a C64, 1702 monitor, 1351 mouse, and a MSSIAH cartridge. I’ve got a real nice 80s “retro” synth setup.