Tips for Kyo 2k2

thundr51

Bead Banger
OK, I've tried my best and it's not that i'm losing terribly against the AI but i'd just like some general tips. I'd like to get better but so far I just don't think i'm learning anything new about him.

<small>[ March 09, 2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: thundr51 ]</small>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
let's see...

try Jump in C, close C, QCF+BB, QCF+A, QCF+A, QCB+B, UC+C. I thnk that's a working combo...

thundr51

Bead Banger
That's pretty good for combos and all, but i'm looking for stuff about his moves and such, strategies. Such as I'm still trying to find a decent use for his hcb+D.

ray_7

his hcb+D is a very good anti-air move. use it often at opponent that likes to do a jump-in combo kinda thing.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
Like ray-7 said, its pretty good as an anti-air move.Kyo's oniyaki is still his main anti-air move.If possible, you could use that hcb+D as a combo ender as well if you don't want to continue your combos from that qcf,qcf + D move.

Aside from that, that move is not really that useful.

thundr51

Bead Banger
Devil_Gans:
Like ray-7 said, its pretty good as an anti-air move.Kyo's oniyaki is still his main anti-air move.If possible, you could use that hcb+D as a combo ender as well if you don't want to continue your combos from that qcf,qcf + D move.

Aside from that, that move is not really that useful.
qcf,qcf + D? I don't think I know what move that is?
Anyway, as i've been experimenting with this move i have found that it's pretty good as a sort of a counter move. You have to really time it right for anti-air but it also works as a counter for some pokes, albeit not a very good one. It makes me wonder why they took away his qcb+p counter he used to have, it worked decently.

<small>[ March 10, 2003, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: thundr51 ]</small>

thundr51

Bead Banger
Devil_Gans:
qcf,qcf+D is a launcher.It could be used for juggles.It can be comboed from a stand C.
Are you sure you don't mean qcf+D,D?

<small>[ March 10, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: thundr51 ]</small>

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
Typo, my bad.I typed too fast.
Its qcf+D,D.Sorry for the confusion.

<small>[ March 10, 2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Devil_Gans ]</small>

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
I heard that you can't roll after a qcb+D which is very useful since your opponent won't be able to counter attack as good (not sure if this is true though).

I also read that it is a very fast move and can be used to fill up the power meter (knock opponent down then do two of em etc).

Thank you,

yeah, with Kyo's new moves,i can pull of a nice 7-8 hit combo that takes about 3/4 helth with no specials. I jump in D, crouch C, qcf DD, hcb B, qcf A-qfb A- back A. That is a really nice combo i like to do, and i am happy i can do it and it is strong w/o DMs or SDMs. Also, it is kinda hard to link that last hits to get an 8 hit,so usually i get a 7 hit. or it was the other way around and i was hard to get 7, and easy to get 6. well, IDK, all im saying is that if your opponent doesnt use the hcb D (anti-air move) and u can start this combo, u are good. well, good luck.

ray_7

one thing i always wanted to know:

is it possible to link the qcb,hcf+A/C DM from the hcb+B move?

i've seen it done in some combo videos, but have tried it to no success, is there any tips?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
not sure but I think you should try this:

-Iori can fool you with his qcb A/C x3 move. after the second hit he may 1) stop if you aren't going to attack him or ......... 2) continue the third attack if you are going to try doing something else

with Kyo, use his qcf A (and continue for extra hits) after Iori's second qcb A/C. in both conditions, you will hit him.

as I said before, I'm not sure about it.

<small>[ March 11, 2003, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: k'_127 ]</small>

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
ray_7:
one thing i always wanted to know:

is it possible to link the qcb,hcf+A/C DM from the hcb+B move?

i've seen it done in some combo videos, but have tried it to no success, is there any tips?
Yes, it's possible in 2k2 as a supercancel.It could be done without the need to activate the BC mode.It works just like in 2k1 although the timing is a little bit strict in 2k2.

<small>[ March 11, 2003, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Devil_Gans ]</small>

ray_7

Devil_Gans:
es, it's possible in 2k2 as a supercancel.It could be done without the need to activate the BC mode.It works just like in 2k1 although the timing is a little bit strict in 2k2.
ah yeah, it works, thanks alot!!!