Thinking about getting another PSP, what is with emulators etc? Any new PSP models?

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
I feel the PSP bug bitting me again, since I sold my original PSP around a year ago, I have been missing it ALOT and I wanted to know what is new in the world of PSP.

Any neo-geo MVS emulators out yet, I had played the neo-geo CD emulator is was VERY impressive with how great the games played... so I hope something for MVS is out now.

Can the current PSP firmware play emulators? There has also been some talk about being able to download PSP games (officially, instead of using UMD formates)

Also, I read that a PSP with flash memory built in may be in the works and that sounds nice... read it at

http://www.umdtalk.co.uk/

New PSP With 8GB Flash Storage?
Thursday, 23 February 2006

There have been reports that Sony is planning to release a new version of the PSP featuring 8GB of NAND flash memory from Samsung.

Original plans to supply the device with a microdrive seem to have disappeared amid speculation of fairly heavy price negotiations between Sony and Samsung over costs for the NAND memory.

Such an increase in capacity would have mixed results in the market. A larger storage space would do nothing to help falling UMD Movie sales, and also open up the PSP more to piracy. On the flip side however, more storage would undoubtedly be a perk for any potential PSP owners, especially if the 2nd version has a cost which is easy to swallow above the current PSP prices.

If this is a serious thing, I will just wait until it hits the market... but it depends on its cost because memory sticks are not all that expensive any more.

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
no that psp(with the 8 gb storage) isnt to my knowledge coming out instead sony going to come out with a camera that go on top of the psp and a gps unit, also there coming out with a legit psone emulator on the psp u can download the games for sony and play them on ur mem stick still no idea on the price but it cool that its coming out.now everyone can play FF7 on there psp hopefully:D . and on the emulator thing. still no mvs but the cd is getting better and better( the guy that did the cd ver is thinking about doing mvs when he done with the cd ver). u can play emulators on all ver of the psp only if u have the gta umd cause there a save game exploit in ther game that lets it run unassigned code. but u cant play iso from the mem stick unless u have frimware 1.5. woooo that was alot of typing lol if i missed anything tell me . hope i helped

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
sliceypete said:
u can play emulators on all ver of the psp only if u have the gta umd cause there a save game exploit in ther game that lets it run unassigned code. but u cant play iso from the mem stick unless u have frimware 1.5. woooo that was alot of typing lol if i missed anything tell me . hope i helped

Can the neo-geo CD emu play none ISO files? Because the most played emu was the neo CD for me.

At lest it is good to know that PSPs can still play emulators using other firmware... but I think the camera and GPS thing sounds sucky.

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
well it doesnt play iso i have to unpack them and stuff. u can leave them in a zip file to save space that what i do.