The Pocket PC thread! Post whatever you want about them here.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Bumping this. Now that I have a new PC, I finally tried encoding a DVD for Pocket PC viewing. I used two programs: Fairuse Wizard and Pocket Divx Encoder. It was easy, but the whole process took four hours.

For those of you that have also converted a DVD, what programs did you use? What methods? Any tutorials? More importantly, how long did it take?

johnroche

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I've had some success with MorphGear on an Axim X5, but it doesn't seem to have enough buttons to play games that would require good reflexes. (The virtual pad doesn't seem like it would be good for that sort of thing) But, it's pretty decent for what it is.

Lone_Monster

Kula's Candy
Ey, I was wondering if my m505 should have some sort of Word (like Microsoft Word) type application. I know it has memo, but I don't really like it for what I want to use it for.

If there's not, is there a (free) downloadable application I can put on my PDA that is like Word? Is there one like Excel as well?

Thanks.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Lone_Monster said:
Ey, I was wondering if my m505 should have some sort of Word (like Microsoft Word) type application. I know it has memo, but I don't really like it for what I want to use it for.

If there's not, is there a (free) downloadable application I can put on my PDA that is like Word? Is there one like Excel as well?

Thanks.
m505? That's a Palm OS device. It's been a while since I had a Palm... well, there's that "Documents To Go" program, perhaps look into that?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Bump. This thread was kind of on hiatus since my case and sync cable for my 1910 both broke a while back, but now I ordered new ones so I should be back in action pretty soon.

ray_7

lol i just sold my ppc again... i might get another one soon tho, xda atom is very tempting...

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
ray_7 said:
lol i just sold my ppc again... i might get another one soon tho, xda atom is very tempting...
Next time you get a PDA you don't want, donate it to me; mine is only 300 mhz :(.

BTW, what kinda job do you have to be able to buy all these new fancy PDAs all the time?

ray_7

i worked part time for my dad back home.. in real estate mostly...:)

right now i'm taking my master's degree.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
ray_7 said:
i worked part time for my dad back home.. in real estate mostly...:)

right now i'm taking my master's degree.
Real estate!! Niiiiiiiiiiice.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm glad I have my PPC up-and-running again. Nothing like playing some Gradius III on the SNES emu I have in between classes. SNES9xj4u is a really good emu on my 1910. I get nice speeds at frameskip 1 and no sound at 300 mhz, and none of the other SNES emulators out there even come close.

What's the best Game Boy emulator? I've tried WAC Gnuboy CE and it wasn't that good; Pocket GNUboy would be the best if it didn't always lock up my PPC after 10 minutes (Very frustrating when playing Link's Awakening).

ray_7

oh man, just when you get yours up and running, i've sold mine...:(

i just bought the clie UX50 and got snails on it as well, i wonder whether the wi-fi will work with the ppc version...

NeoGeo2k2

Noooooooo peeking ;-),
I have a DELL Axim x50v 624mhz and a 1gb sd card for movies and music.
I tried an Snes Emu a while back and it was really slow..
It'll be cool if it had A neo cd emu.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
NeoGeo2k2 said:
I have a DELL Axim x50v 624mhz and a 1gb sd card for movies and music.
I tried an Snes Emu a while back and it was really slow..
It'll be cool if it had A neo cd emu.
There's a SNES emu that's optimized for the x50v's video processor, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what it's called, but look into it. I think it's fullscreen with some antialiasing at fullspeed.

NeoGeo2k2

Noooooooo peeking ;-),
DanAdamKOF said:
There's a SNES emu that's optimized for the x50v's video processor, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what it's called, but look into it. I think it's fullscreen with some antialiasing at fullspeed.

Yes this one has the 3d acelerator on the video card...
I have to find the PDA now, it's been for ever since I last used it..
I know it's here somewere....