The Making of Day of the Tentacle (30th Anniversary Documentary)

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I wonder if they discuss the truly remarkable amount of dialogue in the game for just simple "use X item with Y thing" quips. I am STILL finding new lines said by Bernard, Hoagie and Laverne. Truly a riot going around trying the Scalpel item on various things, like the Sleeping Conventioner. "It would look like an accident, maybe later". It's the sort of thing I discovered in Day of the Tentacle that I was very disappointed isn't reflected much in other LucasArts games. The rest have a shortlist of generic lines for X and Y item combinations that don't work.

Another curious thing I've found is trying the telephone but before having picked up the Swiss bank booklet. There's several feeble attempts by Bernard to buy the 2 million dollar Diamond, all a scream.

Also I have found at least 3 different voice recordings for Bernard's line "I'd rather not". I guess they didn't realize they recorded it already.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
this is the peak of adventure games. I'm glad the genre has continued to exist. There seems to be a nice stream of releases after a giant drought in the early 2000's.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The original and remake are phenomenal. I wish that "I Was A Teenage Lobot" had been made.