The Blue Bomber Turns 30 Today!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Mega Man came out 30 years ago today and changed video games forever. Happy birthday little buddy and welcome back!f4b9a61b0debe6ef6fb705772f881bd7.jpg

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Probably one of my favorite games growing up. Played 2 first, then went back and bought the first one with my own money. (Was still a kid at the time so took a while to save up.)

I've gone back and gotten the ones I hadn't gotten to play, but even doing that, 2 & 3 are still my favorites with a slight lean towards 2.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Mega Man 2 was one of the most perfect platforming games ever made. The music, level design, weapons, pacing... just everything combined into a perfect storm of game design done right.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Megaman has always been amazing. Nothing but love here for the blue boy!

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I don't know why, but despite of playing tons of NES back in the day, Megaman somehow passed me by, almost completely. The first game in the series I spent some time with was Mega Man X, and it didn't leave a lasting impression. Oh well, there's always time to get into it.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Happy 30th Mega Man. I've been a fan since the beginning, it's my favorite franchise, and I play the games every year. Here's to another 30!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I like the one where Mega Man accidentally swallows the puzzle piece and the man in the yellow hat has to take him to the vet.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
HBD to the blue bomber i been a fan of the series since playing the first one on the nes.It's a good thing,capcom hasn't forgotten about mega man either since there making a part eleven now :D

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
Going to the rental store back in the day always meant me trying to convince my bothers to pick-up Mega Man 2 or 3 - and sometimes they agreed! Here's to the past, and to the future.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Mega Man 2 will always have a special place in my heart. I went back to 6 and realized that game is actually REALLY good. I know people hated it but I don't care!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Mega Man 2 was one of the most perfect platforming games ever made. The music, level design, weapons, pacing... just everything combined into a perfect storm of game design done right.

yeah. i was always a megaman 2 guy. 3 was great but 2 was perfect.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Is it bad that I vividly remember picking up Mega Man 8 on PS1 and seeing it was the 10th anniversary? Almost 20 years have passed since then. I remember picking it up with Mega Man X4, which was also great.

I try not to think of anything past those games and the two Legends games...

Jon